Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM or Xen to be rolled out next by RaptorNode? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM or Xen to be rolled out next by RaptorNode?

2»

Comments

• KVM or OpenVZ - KVM has all the advantages of Xen and also some extra's so Xen is waste of time.

• So ladies and Gents... We will be rolling out a pre orders for KVM VPS in Netherlands, USA Later on tonight :) the 50% Code will be "RaptorKVM"

• @monstet just send us the links

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

@MonsteR said:
    We already run OpenVZ, And there doesn't seem to be that big of a market for it really. Just a few people wanted cheap vps's. Not as big as Xen and KVM's at least.

@Zetta said:
    If you like being in jail, that's great but I think everyone else prefers freedom.

Please explain? 99% of my customers want nothing to do with the kernel or kernel space so I don't see how they are restricted.

If you want to do things in kernel space then obviously you don't want OpenVZ. That is only a very small percentage of VPS users.

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

@MonsteR said:
    We already run OpenVZ, And there doesn't seem to be that big of a market for it really. Just a few people wanted cheap vps's. Not as big as Xen and KVM's at least.

The ONLY reason they can be cheaper is the more efficient use of hardware. They are not cheaper in the you get what you pay for sense imho. Most of my customers don't really seem to care what virtualization they are running on anyways.

I also run KVM and OpenVZ works better imho. With KVM there is almost no hardware sharing control. The only CPU control is how many cores they have access to. There is no I/O sharing control as far as I know. If one VPS decides it wants to hog all I/O it can do that. The result is more CPU and I/O load spikes. The only way to deal with that problem is to throw more hardware at it which is not so easy or flexible. Not even a proper solution but the only one available.

• @sman said:
    Please explain? 99% of my customers want nothing to do with the kernel so I don't see how they are restricted.

I guess it depends what market your want to get into, With OpenVZ we see more abuse, As its cheaper, But you can get really cheap prices, But the fact that some hosts just oversell to a degree there prices are much lower so they pull in customers, over hosts that don't oversell. - Least that is what my opinion seems to be atm.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited July 2013

@MonsteR said:
    I guess it depends what market your want to get into, With OpenVZ we see more abuse, As its cheaper, But you can get really cheap prices, But the fact that some hosts just oversell to a degree there prices are much lower so they pull in customers, over hosts that don't oversell. - Least that is what my opinion seems to be atm.

Damm I must be doing something wrong! Underselling a OVZ node. Oh wait, its not ridiculously price at under 7usd for a GB!

The only market I see complain the most is the LEB market, but it were forced upon themselves.

However, 90% of clients don't need XEN/KVM or even know what it is for that matter.

The only main reason for us to run XEN/KVM would be for Windows clients, maybe a bit of "Cloud" chucked in there. But other than that I love VMware for our Windows clients = )

Down to personal preference most of the time.

• RelipRelip Member

@rm_ Sorry, I thought you're running a node. If provider supports it, would you choose Xen?

• smansman Member
    edited July 2013

@MonsteR said:

This whole argument that OpenVZ automatically means the hoster is overselling so it is not the best solution for an end user is a bogus one imho. It depends what the hoster is doing and it depends on what the user wants to use it for.

It should not even be part of discussions of which is best for technical reasons imho.

Also you can oversell with KVM too. It will arguably have an even more negative effect on the end user when that happens. However, it's not quite as easy to understand how overselling with KVM works so that discussion doesn't come up as often.

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited July 2013

@sman I said in my opinion, I also said some host oversell witch is a well known fact some do?

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited July 2013

we have a promo code "RaptorKVM" for 50% off
    and here is the link for the new KVMs -http://raptornode.com/kvm-raid10-vps.html
    for pre orders only, The servers will be deployed Friday.

• Ok guys Netherlands servers are online and rocking after a fun day now all Netherlands services are online and ready to purchased at http://www.raptornode.com/client/cart.php?gid=6

• yywudiyywudi Member

the promotion code is one time discount not recurring?

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited July 2013

@yywudi
    Yes one time discount at this time.

• yywudiyywudi Member

any test ip or refund policy for this offer to have a basic network connectivity test?

@MonsteR said:
    yywudi
    Yes one time discount at this time.

• @yywudi said:
    any test ip or refund policy for this offer to have a basic network connectivity test?

we will offer a 7 day money back garentee, Also were in the template stage so if you want a custom one drop us a ticket.
    you can ping test this ip but no speed test atm -212.7.205.1