Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why China's servers were sold in other countries, the price is very high?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why China's servers were sold in other countries, the price is very high?

I was in China's major telecom custodian room have asked before. Price did not say that in other countries the price is so high. Such as mainland China, Hong Kong is China 3-5 times the price. The Chinese mainland's cheapest server may only need 60 dollars can buy. And with the Golden Shield anti-DDOS firewall.
In fact, I'm curious. Why do people in other countries will buy China's server price so high? Even up to a hundred dollars, and I see it is very inexpensive Chinese servers. Very curious. Very strange.

Comments

• Barely anyone on LET understands the Internet conditions of China well, you should try Hostloc, but not here.

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@sundaymouse said:
    Barely anyone on LET understands the Internet conditions of China well, you should try Hostloc, but not here.

hodtloc Dieses Forum sehe ich, oder vergiss es. Bewässerung sind alle Menschen. Fast Ertrinken.

• SpiritSpirit Member

@qzjqjh we, well many of us, don't understand german enough to discuss. Just stick with english and don't let some comments to discourage you.

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@Spirit said:
    qzjqjh we, well many of us, don't understand german enough to discuss. Just stick with english and don't let some comments to discourage you.

I am Chinese. So. . . Okay, please forgive me silly to go with German.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited July 2013

@qzjqjh
    你爆我的脑海里。请至少不要使用德语。 See, I can use Google Translate too.

Why do people in other countries will buy China's server price so high?

There are very few providers selling servers in China to foreigners (with English website and accepting credit cards or Paypal). So there is not enough competition, maybe also that's why the prices are high.

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@rm_ said:
    qzjqjh
    你爆我的脑海里。请至少不要使用德语。 See, I can use Google Translate too.

There are very few providers selling servers in China to foreigners (with English website and accepting credit cards or Paypal). So there is not enough competition, maybe also that's why the prices are high.

You think. I sell China the price of a cheap server. I can attract enough customers do?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

You think. I sell China the price of a cheap server. I can attract enough customers do?

Maybe, if you find someone to make a website and support customers in good English (not Google Translate).

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@rm_ said:
    Maybe, if you find someone to make a website and support customers in good English (not Google Translate).

You can tell me your e-mail do? I want to talk to you. If you can you can use the qq international version or gtalk or skype

• SpiritSpirit Member

Maybe if you do things properly. If you want to go internationally you need proper english site, proper international payment processors (paypal, etc..) support able to communicate in proper english and so on...
    Having servers is just small part. You need to be capable to sell them.

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@Spirit said:
    Having servers is just small part. You need to be capable to sell them.

Thank you for your guidance.

• we, well many of us, don't understand german enough to discuss.

He just hit the wrong button in his translator, the german text literally says: "This forum i see or forget. Watering are all humans. Drown fast".

Imho an end should be put to these nonsensical posts. If he can only speak Chinese then he should stick to chinese forums.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    Imho an end should be put to these nonsensical posts. If he can only speak Chinese then he should stick to chinese forums.

Oh yes let's segregate the Interwebz. That would be something wouldn't it? Medieval mindset at work using the latest technology.

• Oh yes let's segregate the Interwebz.

I'm glad you understand :)

• @gsrdgrdghd said:

Well i get what he meant, in the Chinese way lol

Those China forum are usually packed with bunch of random people and posting around, it just simply messy.

Anyway back on topic, as @Spirit mentioned you do need a proper English site in order to attract foreign customer as well as international payment gateway like PayPal or similar.

• pcanpcan Member

I am interested in a mainland China VPS at LEB prices, if control and billing panels are in english and if paypal is supported.

Out of curiosity, I tried to visit some popular Chinese web sites, but the Google translation is very poor. Is there a better translation service?

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@pcan said:
    I am interested in a mainland China VPS at LEB prices, if control and billing panels are in english and if paypal is supported.

Out of curiosity, I tried to visit some popular Chinese web sites, but the Google translation is very poor. Is there a better translation service?

Maybe you can try Baidu translation fanyi.baidu.com

• StarryStarry Member, Host Rep

@pcan said:

Hello, I can offer some lowend mainland China VPS. http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/10050/iaas-cloud-512m-60g-vps-in-beijing-china-for-6-8-mo#latest

And also, I can help you buy the servers if you are interested in other providers'.

• @Jylee said:
    And also, I can help you buy the servers if you are interested in other providers'.

I got 1 from you =)

@johnlth93 said:
    I got 1 from you =)

Thanks for your ordering. :)

• @qzjqjh said:
    hodtloc Dieses Forum sehe ich, oder vergiss es. Bewässerung sind alle Menschen. Fast Ertrinken.

Do you means, there are many many people flooding in hostloc, and you almost drowned?

• pcanpcan Member
    edited July 2013

@qzjqjh said: Maybe you can try Baidu translation fanyi.baidu.com

Thanks for the tip: Baidu is definitely better than Google translator.

@Jylee said: Hello, I can offer some lowend mainland China VPS.

The promotion code expired and the offer is not at LEB prices anymore; the billing panel also crashed while I was trying to select payment options. But thanks anyway for your helpful offer.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited July 2013

Lmao, hilarious...

@JonathanZhang said:
    Do you means, there are many many people flooding in hostloc, and you almost drowned?

edited July 2013

@pcan said:

I was updating WHMCS at that time. It is available now.

You can use cnvps to get 18% off.

• zxsdwzxsdw Member

I remembered I have said "let will been occupied by the Chinese people."
    more and more Chinese people will come here, They english is not well.but they like here.becaese liberalism, democracy and tolerance.哈哈哈哈哈~~~~

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@zxsdw said:
    I remembered I have said "let will been occupied by the Chinese people."
    more and more Chinese people will come here, They english is not well.but they like here.becaese liberalism, democracy and tolerance.哈哈哈哈哈~~~~

In fact, most of LEB's other countries with English speaking people primarily, but not chinese. Because the Chinese English is not very good. Just like me. The translation to communicate with you the person in possession of the majority.

• @qzjqjh
    I have to translate your comments into Chinese word by word in my mind before I can understand what you are talking about, which is kind of wired.

@pcan
    AFAIK renting servers in China has high risks. In most cases you have to apply a license from the related authority (so called "somehow related department") if you'd publish a website. A license for a blog or a forum could never be approved as it contains user created contents which are potentially dangerous to the public. Also the authority, as well as the service provider, has the right to disconnect your server or delete your account without accepting any justifications. In the worst case, if you stays in China physically, you might be invited to have a coffee with the cobs.

Think twice.

• qzjqjhqzjqjh Member

@msg7086 said:
    qzjqjh
    I have to translate your comments into Chinese word by word in my mind before I can understand what you are talking about, which is kind of wired.

pcan
    AFAIK renting servers in China has high risks. In most cases you have to apply a license from the related authority (so called "somehow related department") if you'd publish a website. A license for a blog or a forum could never be approved as it contains user created contents which are potentially dangerous to the public. Also the authority, as well as the service provider, has the right to disconnect your server or delete your account without accepting any justifications. In the worst case, if you stays in China physically, you might be invited to have a coffee with the cobs.

Think twice.

This was not some places in China do not contact the relevant departments. You know.

• yywudiyywudi Member

it's really wired reading your post, i'm Chinese, but i can't understand most of what you're talking about. let this off-topic thread gone.
    @qzjqjh

• dafuq :\

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited July 2013

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    I'm glad you understand :)

As far as I am concerned...another racist post.

At least here we have someone who is trying to reach out the LEB world with a VPS location that not so many people are offering, and whether it is a joke or you are serious, this forum is not showing a welcoming attitude towards him/her.

Granted his English may not be perfect, and this is an English forum, but at least he is trying, which IMO is already way better than people who are just sitting at home and watch CNN and think China is a country where people are just trying to steal American jobs, etc etc.

@qzjqjh As far as I can see though, there are people on this forum who are arrogant enough to consider this forum is reserved for posters who can speak perfect English. So my honest suggestion would be:

a. Find someone who can speak English well to speak on your behalf on LET

or b. Find a forum where people are more open-minded towards foreigners. Is VPSBoard and the 96Forum a better place?