Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a 600Tb+ server provider - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a 600Tb+ server provider

Comments

• cociucociu Member

I will let you the price

The config will be this :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HPE-HP-Apollo-4510-Gen9-Dense-Storage-Server-2-x-E5-2620v4-62-x-3-5-14x4TB-/201710327055?epid=523992289&hash=item2ef6df550f:g:0M0AAOSwcLxYHjaB

64 x10tb hdd sata 3

3gbps dedicated line you can choose from 4 different networks.

10 ips included.

All new hardware , we can setup this in 24-48 hours after payment recived , only banck tranfer allowed or BTC , price 2500$ /mo , if quarently i ca do 2000

Thanked by 1pbgben
  • trvztrvz Member

If they cancel after two months, will you do another storage VPS special on LET?

• cociucociu Member

trvz said: If they cancel after two months, will you do another storage VPS special on LET?

in any case i work now to finish some new servers and yes we will offer 30% cupon code durring the 2 month , after the bad experience we have change the structure of the storage to avoid futures problems and after a full test we will publish the offer here.

• FalzoFalzo Member

cociu said: after the bad experience we have change the structure of the storage to avoid futures problems and after a full test we will publish the offer

I suppose this is exactly what people want to read - congrats if you finally managed to get through all of this and make your products worth it :-)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

Any deal that is done here summed up ^

Quickly followed by:

• MaherMaher Member

@cociu said:

Francisco said: You can't even get your current customers their storage and you think you can get someone 600TB?

Francisco

all customers have his vps in this moment for your information , also we speach here about a dedi not vps plan

You seriously need to spend some money on English courses.

• cociucociu Member

Maher said: You seriously need to spend some money on English courses.

i wait donation from your part ... i can give you my personal paypal in private.

• xaocxaoc Member

@Maher said:

@cociu said:

Francisco said: You can't even get your current customers their storage and you think you can get someone 600TB?

Francisco

all customers have his vps in this moment for your information , also we speach here about a dedi not vps plan

May i ask why? I can understand him perfectly and i did only 3 months of 2nd grade english in highschool...(Well i can understand pretty much everyone speaking english, be it US, UK(Canada or Scotland versions) or Aussie.) It seems to me that you are the one that needs to take some courses. I mean no offense, i just can't understand why people have so much trouble understanding cociu's english. There are far worse english speakers here and some have it as their first language too...

• jojok said: I know 3000$ is not much, but that's my budget

On a "tight" budget, your best option is to get 20x 20TB Storage servers from OVH and even this will cost you around $6000/mo.

• https://www.hetzner.de/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-sx

The sx131 for 200 euro/month for 60TB worth of storage. Call it 40TB useable. Times 15 servers takes you 3k/month for 600TB storage. 750TB transfer per month though, and very DMCA-unfriendly, so if you have copyrighted material you might want to pass on this.

• @graphic said:

@jojok said:
    Hi, Currently I need a provider which can provide a 600tb+ storage server, and at 3gbps+ bandwidth ,any suggestion?

I use it storage videos

Google G-Suite is the answer. 8$ for unlimited storage.
    Get a little VPS and mount the GDrive with rclone.

My cheap burner GSuite account got killed after 45ish TB :(

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • MaherMaher Member

@xaoc said:

@Maher said:

@cociu said:

Francisco

May i ask why? I can understand him perfectly and i did only 3 months of 2nd grade english in highschool...(Well i can understand pretty much everyone speaking english, be it US, UK(Canada or Scotland versions) or Aussie.) It seems to me that you are the one that needs to take some courses. I mean no offense, i just can't understand why people have so much trouble understanding cociu's english. There are far worse english speakers here and some have it as their first language too...

If he can not write English in a good manner then he shouldn't be the company's representative in an "English speaking community".

• pbgben said: @jojok I can build you a cluster of servers running glusterFS with 600TB of raw storage scalable up and down to match your needs

Please for the love of god do not provide people with GlusterFS based on GE, or even Ethernet in general. GlusterFS is made for Infiniband/RDMA.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • sayem314sayem314 Member
    edited July 2017

@doghouch said:

@graphic said:

@jojok said:
    Hi, Currently I need a provider which can provide a 600tb+ storage server, and at 3gbps+ bandwidth ,any suggestion?

I use it storage videos

Google G-Suite is the answer. 8$ for unlimited storage.
    Get a little VPS and mount the GDrive with rclone.

My cheap burner GSuite account got killed after 45ish TB :(

Don't know why you got banned but always make sure to encrypt files on gdrive.

BTW, if I had to store and serve 600TB files I would do this:

-Distribute files over 21 G-Suite accounts. $210 and that's 28.57TB per account. 21 accounts because of rate limit issue.

-3 Dedibox® ST18 for 3Gbps and 50TB+ RAID-0 storage for caching most frequently access files. That's 7 G-Suiteaccounts per server and total $274

-Finally a vps to host main site and link to files.

So I get high performance and load balanced storage solution. 3 Dedibox® ST18 will give 50TB to cache which is enough to cut rate limit issue with g-drive. +190GB~ RAM to cache from 50TB cache!

• @sayem314 Most (if not all) files were encrypted. It wasn't anything important though, so no worries there! :)

• Seems Gsuit is the best way to solve this.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

trvz said: If they cancel after two months, will you do another storage VPS special on LET?

Yeah that'd be my concern. Looks like an excellent way for a small host to go bankrupt:

1. Spend $23K on hardware

2. Get that first month's payment of $3K. (Include a chargeback later if you want to be extra pessimistic)

3. User cancels after first month

4. Now you've got $23K of hardware and no income stream to pay for it.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • If you are going to go with 21 accounts you might as well round that to 26 and go alphabetical.

• cociucociu Member

raindog308 said: Yeah that'd be my concern. Looks like an excellent way for a small host to go bankrupt:

Spend $23K on hardware

Get that first month's payment of $3K. (Include a chargeback later if you want to be extra pessimistic)

User cancels after first month

Now you've got $23K of hardware and no income stream to pay for it.

i offer you a "bookkeeper" job , sister included :)

• yomeroyomero Member

@William said:

pbgben said: @jojok I can build you a cluster of servers running glusterFS with 600TB of raw storage scalable up and down to match your needs

Please for the love of god do not provide people with GlusterFS based on GE, or even Ethernet in general. GlusterFS is made for Infiniband/RDMA.

Please elaborate on this. I use it on several production stuff without issues.

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited July 2017

@raindog308 said:

>

(Looking at the calendar) Start a new summer hosting company.

• @sayem314 said:

-Distribute files over 21 G-Suite accounts. $210 and that's 28.57TB per account. 21 accounts because of rate limit issue.

Out of curiosity, what is this G-Suite account rate limit? How does it work and what is the limit?

• @cociu said:

raindog308 said: Yeah that'd be my concern. Looks like an excellent way for a small host to go bankrupt:

Spend $23K on hardware

Get that first month's payment of $3K. (Include a chargeback later if you want to be extra pessimistic)

Please provide more details about the job. I am interested.

Thanked by 1cociu
  • cociucociu Member

Junkless said: I am interested.

let clarif , you are interesed in the job task or only in the sister ?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

@cociu said:

Junkless said: I am interested.

let clarif , you are interesed in the job task or only in the sister ?

• TomTom Member

@sayem314 said:

Don't know why you got banned but always make sure to encrypt files on gdrive.

BTW, if I had to store and serve 600TB files I would do this:

-3 Dedibox® ST18 for 3Gbps and 50TB+ RAID-0 storage for caching most frequently access files. That's 7 G-Suiteaccounts per server and total $274

-Finally a vps to host main site and link to files.

So I get high performance and load balanced storage solution. 3 Dedibox® ST18 will give 50TB to cache which is enough to cut rate limit issue with g-drive. +190GB~ RAM to cache from 50TB cache!

Alternatively, don't be a cock and store 600TB in Google Drive to ruin it for everyone else :-)

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@William said:

pbgben said: @jojok I can build you a cluster of servers running glusterFS with 600TB of raw storage scalable up and down to match your needs

Please do not spread FUD. They do not state Infiniband as a requirement which means it is not made for it explicitly. I understand that your use cases might require some heavy IO, but in this case distributed filesystem might not be a good choice anyways.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • bluesegabluesega Member
    edited July 2017

@cociu said:

Spend $23K on hardware

you should consider this very seriously @raindog308 , you probably won't find a better offer for that

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

bluesega said: you should consider this very seriously @raindog308 , you probably won't find a better offer for that

Depends if it's @cociu 's sister or mine.

Romanian women are fucking hot.

My sister looks a little like me so...I mean, she's got a great personality, but...