Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

User was terminated per TOS, calls down divine punishment but is righteously ignored - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

User was terminated per TOS, calls down divine punishment but is righteously ignored

Comments

• VPSlicesVPSlices Member
    edited July 2017

@jackb said:
    Did you leave root password SSH login enabled with a relatively weak password? It isn't unheard of for XOR.DDoS to successfully bruteforce root within a few days.

This would explain both the CPU usage and the network attacks.

I've checked his password, and it's pretty weak, it's only 9 numbers.

Any one with bruteforce could just get his password in hours and get access to root.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

VPSlices said: Any one with bruteforce could just get his password in hours and get access to root.

I'd say "minutes" is more likely...

Thanked by 1VPSlices
  • @VPSlices said:

@jackb said:
    Did you leave root password SSH login enabled with a relatively weak password? It isn't unheard of for XOR.DDoS to successfully bruteforce root within a few days.

I've checked his password, and it's pretty weak, it's only 9 numbers, repeated like this: 123123123

Any one with bruteforce could just get his password in hours and get access to root.

I don't recommend snooping customers root passwords without prior consent.

Is root password the one generated on provision or you just went to check his vps details?

Thanked by 1VPSlices
  • @alexmjh I didn't post his password, but though I guess I'll remove it later on, just confirming a point. I checked his VPS just now, it's not the one that was created when he bought the VPS, he probably changed it like the password I mentioned above.

• haha , you can set my password like 123456.

Anyway, I can not land my account

Encountered such a businessman, but also no way. I can not dream, my money can come back. It does not matter, let everyone know you .

know the http://vpslices.com/

edited July 2017

@mark999 said:
    haha , you can set my password like 123456.

Encountered such a businessman, but also no way. I can not dream, my money can come back. It does not matter, let everyone know you .

I don't have to change your password nor prove anything, I'm just stating facts, while you're bullshitting around.

Good luck in the dispute you opened, and welcome to FraudRecord as well. Good bye.

• mark999mark999 Member
    edited July 2017

@VPSlices said:

@mark999 said:

I don't have to change your password nor prove anything, I'm just stating facts, while you're bullshitting around.

Good luck in the dispute you opened, and welcome to FraudRecord as well. Good bye.

>

Who is afraid of your threat.

Let paypal solve the problem of money.

• mark999mark999 Member
    edited July 2017

@VPSlices said:

@mark999 said:

You are a good businessman, threatening your customers. Awesome

• CNodeCNode Member

@mark999 said:

@VPSlices said:

@mark999 said:

Simply report PayPal fraud
    And make an ad at the police station

If all this does not help, go to the fool and fix with fists

• @CNode said:

@mark999 said:

@VPSlices said:

@mark999 said:

thank you very much . i will do it

• All this for $3? Are you fucking serious lmao...

@OP - GTFO

• Errm, a warning was in order before suspension I guess.

• @itscanon

We don't warn people to stop DDoSing, I don't think any other provider does either. And no, the suspension wasn't because of the CPU abuse.

• @VPSlices said:
    @itscanon

We don't warn people to stop DDoSing, I don't think any other provider does either. And no, the suspension wasn't because of the CPU abuse.

Well, You should, taking into account what others mentioned that an account could've been compromised , It happens . If it happens again then you can suspend or whatever.

• @itscanon said:

@VPSlices said:
    @itscanon

Well, You should, taking into account what others mentioned that an account could've been compromised , It happens . If it happens again then you can suspend or whatever.

The security of your VPS is your business, OP accepted the terms of service upon sign up and VPSlives actioned it.

Thanked by 1VPSlices
    edited July 2017

@itscanon said:

I understand and I appreciate your suggestion, but it's client's responsibility for whatever happens in his VPS, if he could explain the situation in the ticket instead of replying with a threat of dispute and posting the "story" in LET, I'd have discussed it with him in a friendly manner and unsuspend the VPS, but that's not the case here.

• @mikewazar said:e security of your VPS is your business, OP accepted the terms of service upon sign up and VPSlives actioned it.

+1 to this - again, their terms even state that it's the user's responsibility for the security of their service - point 15 at https://vpslices.com/tos - "all Users take responsibility for their own security"

Thanked by 1VPSlices
  • @mikewazar said:

@itscanon said:

@VPSlices said:
    @itscanon

The security of your VPS is your business, OP accepted the terms of service upon sign up and VPSlives actioned it.

Yes, you are right about security responsibility.. But heck, If any server's security breach leads to direct suspension without notice then many big online stores would'nt exist today .

• @CNode said:

@mark999 said:

@VPSlices said:

@mark999 said:

Please explain to me how the provider committed fraud.

The customer's vps was used to send a DDOS attack. Whether or not it was intentional is irrelevant.

If it was intentional; customer committed a crime.

If vps was hacked; customer failed to secure his vps successfully which resulted in a providers network being used to perform a DDOS attacked.

As per Vpslices's TOS, which the customer agreed to, his vps was suspended upon discovery of said attacks.

Either way, the customer is in the wrong.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

Can we PLEASE have a rule against 1st day registered reviews?

• @itscanon said:

@mikewazar said:

@itscanon said:

@VPSlices said:
    @itscanon

Yes, you are right about security responsibility.. But heck, If any server's security breach leads to direct suspension without notice then many big online stores would'nt exist today .

Suspension does not mean you cannot appeal. OP choice to act like a child (a guilty one) instead of discussing with VPSlices, according to what was posted on this thread.

• edited July 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

Amen

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@AnthonySmith Alternately, and probably easier to implement noindex threads from google if OP's post count less than a certain number.

• perryoo11perryoo11 Member
    edited July 2017

Vpslices is not that bad.
    I have a server there running smoothly.
    Only speed is at my side is a bit bad as my internet drops sometimes or a high ping.

Karim is a good guy over there.
    And his team.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2017

@joepie91 said:

@jackb said:

@mark999 said:

@jackb said:

but i have just keep the vps online and do nothing.

Did you properly secure the system? It sounds like you got rooted by something like XOR.DDoS.

Of course it is possible, but I have already sent an email to the administrator to boot, I'll check it out. But they ignore me. the vps keep suspend. What can i do?

If I'm not mistaken, XOR.DDoS is the one that generates a randomized process name, right? Ran across that on somebody's system a week or two ago, after they'd failed to follow the "disable password authentication" advice...

Bingo. It also attempts spoofed outbound attacks and when that fails, falls back to large syn packets ~800 bytes. It will happily max line rate.

We've had it blocked on every node since ~ 2015 :). From our experience it is by far the most common cause of a compromised vps sending DoS attacks.

• CNodeCNode Member

TOS back or forth! When in the tos stands "You must give your children when they buy a server" Would you do that?There is a lot of crap in the tos

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2017

Something tells me that this thread is going to result in at least two bans.

EDIT: And a topic change.

Thanked by 2vimalware netomx
  • CNodeCNode Member

@AnthonySmith said:

@AnthonySmith Do not you like if someone has a different opinion?

• YuraYura Member

Good thread. Thanks to all participants.

Thanked by 2brueggus netomx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

CNode said: @AnthonySmith Do not you like if someone has a different opinion?

Love different opinions, hate shit posts by angry kids.

Thanked by 3brueggus MasonR ucxo
This discussion has been closed.