Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does anybody know a good WYSIWYG editor for websites? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does anybody know a good WYSIWYG editor for websites?

13»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

BTW, I wonder if she'd qualify for academic pricing on software...I mean, she is a student.

• souensouen Member

From the Wikipedia list:

• BlueGriffon - based on Nvu/Kompozer. I've tried Kompozer in the past, nice for making quick html forms.
    • Maquetta - more for prototyping and no longer in development, but should still work. Has drag-and-drop widgets, along the lines of Pencil.

Another option along the office suite approach is Jupyter. It's like a notebook or word-processor document, but you can run/preview code in different programming languages on the page and export pages to html.

If you're going the web-based route, when your daughter is ready to pick up some html, have a look at Thimble. It has live preview in a split pane so she can follow along other online tutorials, or choose a sample project and build on it.

OT: please consider choosing free/open tool(s) for your child to play and learn with. Free/open tools will gradually teach her other skills like:

• becoming independent, e.g. gradually learn how to set up things on her own, not be reliant on a subscription-based web app that may close one day and potentially losing her creations as a result

• good authoring practices, e.g. portable files/code that work well across browsers

• sharing with others and the importance of collaboration, e.g. sharing made easy because there is some semblance of standards, people can look under the hood to see how the app ticks and pass a copy to their friends to make websites too

Hope you'll find what you're looking for and have lots of fun with your daughter.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • You could try Adobe Muse

• teochristianteochristian Member
    edited October 2017

You can try GrapesJS. It is open source. You can also install it on your server. Used it in some projects