Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HEY GENTS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HEY GENTS

doghouchdoghouch Member
edited July 2017 in General

Look what we have here. His "profitable" business didn't work out, and he DEFINITELY didn't come back to prove us wrong.

https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1658385

Just for good measure: http://archive.is/u08gf

Thanks to Twilight on Discord :)

Comments

• Didn't he project a conversion rate of 2%-5% back when he presented his plan?

Looks like 11500 free clients made 50 paying clients, aka less than 0.5% conversion rate.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

The lack of conversions is undoubtably our fault. No way he grand plan could have failed unless we'd intervened somehow.

Thanked by 2vedran vimalware
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited July 2017

You can't just offer free. Provide a bad service and promise a good service if the user upgrades. You already gave a bad impression to the user. that 0.5% conversion rate are people that never hosted a single website and don't know other providers exists.

Another thing, hosting free and paid users on the same server is a disaster. I would never pay anyone to put me on the same server as free users that may the abusing the server 24/7. Even CloudLinux LVE can't save you from numerous free users abusing the server.

Now he wants to sell the website/company w/ 50 paying users. With a domain name that is not even attractive, and a landing page that in my opinions doesnt even look good and does not provide any information to the visitor on why they should actually choose him over any other hosting.

I love how he calls his service as "The Best Hosting" on the first line, without being able to back it up.

I'll bid $1.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Big words, small results. Women hate that.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'll take it for $500. I do mean that I would want him to pay me $500 to take it.

That's rude. Asking only 500. I will take it for 5,000.

Thanked by 1jar
  • bsdguybsdguy Member

A new opportunity to do a takeover via paypal for ishaq's access internet group?

• Does anyone still have the proposal PDF? lol

Thanked by 1WHT

Coming up with a big grandeur plan and then eventually going out with a whimper -
    He is not the first, I tell you that.

• FalzoFalzo Member

if he acquired 50 paying clients in about a year or so, that might not be bad for a simple start in the hosting industry at all - he just is too impatient for the long run.

dreaming of customers floating to you in big kahuna waves probably is not the smartest idea in any mass market ;-)

maybe he also figured that he could have got those 50 customers without all that praised free/freemium/whatever bullshit in even shorter time...

now going to WHT and trying to rip someone off with much ado about exact that bullshit is another low anyways.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @Falzo said:
    if he acquired 50 paying clients in about a year or so, that might not be bad for a simple start in the hosting industry at all - he just is too impatient for the long run.

dreaming of customers floating to you in big kahuna waves probably is not the smartest idea in any mass market ;-)

maybe he also figured that he could have got those 50 customers without all that praised free/freemium/whatever bullshit in even shorter time...

now going to WHT and trying to rip someone off with much ado about exact that bullshit is another low anyways.

Well for someone to start off, it's decent. 200 pounds a month is profitable, with server costs + WHMCS + cPanel costs included. I just don't get what his "new project" is. TwoSite? TenSite?

No one knows.

His new project is begging on streets. He can make far more money than 200 pounds a month that way.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • FalzoFalzo Member

also his "community" is really worth it, 871 Members out of which probably ~95% registered to open a thread in the support category. aha... I would be afraid if he is right and they are 'active' that way like he is praising ;-)

Thanked by 1WHT
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Hosts on here should learn from this.

You can't offer things for near free and then expect those people to be OK with a big bump in price to make up for it. Vortexnode had minimal (that was publicly mentioned) complaints about performance/uptime/etc, but most people weren't willing to accept the new pricing.

Francisco

Thanked by 2MichaelCee justvm
    edited July 2017

The dude is asking €4,000. LOL. I actually laughed.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AidanAidan Member

No way... It's barely worth 10% of that :/

• hzrhzr Member

doghouch said: Well for someone to start off, it's decent. 200 pounds a month is profitable, with server costs + WHMCS + cPanel costs included. I just don't get what his "new project" is. TwoSite? TenSite?

https://internxt.io/

• @deank said:

So, he's got a company with 50 people paying 4 eur/month each, of which paypal will probably eat about 50c, leaving the owner with 175 euros/month. Then, he has a vps with a whmcs panel at 30 euro/month plus a managed dedicated server at 100 euros/month. This would be 45 euros/month profit.

With a company cost of 4k, one would need to run this company at absolutely no additional cost for 7.5 years to turn a profit on that.

Ye. No.

• @hzr said:

doghouch said: Well for someone to start off, it's decent. 200 pounds a month is profitable, with server costs + WHMCS + cPanel costs included. I just don't get what his "new project" is. TwoSite? TenSite?

That's from him I assume. Has the same ugly design as OneSh*t.

edited July 2017

@doghouch said:

@hzr said:

Lacks the bearded hipster but has the buzz words and no evidence of follow through. Seems likely.

Looks like someone just ripped off the plot for Silicon Valley season 4 and hoped they'd get investments hahahahaha:

https://angel.co/internxt/

Thanked by 1Nuntius
  • @doghouch said:

If you follow through the "we're hiring" link on the site footer you get to https://angel.co/internxt/jobs/, which has the same photo he's been using on most his accounts I believe (& his name, so that's a pretty clear link).

edited July 2017

Oh man, he's hiring the role of "help us build a new internet." That's the job title. Basically one person to do everything and follow his vision, I assume. A vision fresh off of....HBO.

Friends, you can't buy this kind of comedy.

• teamacc said: @deank said: The dude is asking €4,000. LOL. I actually laughed.

>

I legit just cried with laughter when I saw that thread. 4k for 50 paying ~4? What - does he genuinely think he will get that? Summer is only starting, why stop now? :)

Thanked by 1doghouch

No, you can't buy this kind of comedy. Love da internetz for this reason. Better than TV shows, I tell ya.

• @jarland said:
    Oh man, he's hiring the role of "help us build a new internet." That's the job title. Basically one person to do everything and follow his vision, I assume. A vision fresh off of....HBO.

50K salary? He's a joke.

• sigh.. I thought I was the one who mentioned about this sale first on Discord :/

@doghouch said:

@jarland said:

50K salary? He's a joke.

Yeah but don't you want to be a part of something legendary? Don't you want to build a new internet? Monica will finally love me, and Russ won't get a dime.

• @jarland said:

@doghouch said:

@jarland said:

50K salary? He's a joke.

Yeah but don't you want to be a part of something legendary? Don't you want to build a new internet? Monica will finally love me, and Russ won't get a dime.

It's never been done before! Years ago, when Tor started...

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Judging by his twitter, the other one was just started?

https://twitter.com/fvsegarra

• bsdguybsdguy Member

The new internet for 50K/year? Yay, do they sell the new internet in sixpacks, too?