Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In accordance with their terms of service, wholesaleinternet terminates past due accounts
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

In accordance with their terms of service, wholesaleinternet terminates past due accounts

darknessendsdarknessends Member
edited July 2017 in General

Hi,

I have used so many providers so far. No one does it the way wholesaleinternet pulls off. Due to something wrong in my subscription the invoices was not paid off. I was not there and could not check my emails. 2 days past the due date server is suspended and within 12 hours it has been terminated and data is erased. I am trying to raise discussion with their support team and all I m getting back from them is mechanical robot answers.

I am sad. I paid a 1000 dollars for past 14 months just to keep my data safe, I was using this for my projects and has been containing a lot of precious pieces of information and infrastructure for me.

I do not know how to recover this. They are not helpful. There is no one to call for this. I hate them now. Providers can not hurry so much on erasing data before thinking this can damage others so much.

Please host with extreme caution. Things go wrong in normal life and stay with providers that know what servers mean to customers.

Thanked by 1crashdump

Comments

• I don't want to be that guy, but I had a quick glance at the Terms of Service at WSI:

(g) Failure to make payment within 48 hours of the time we disconnect/suspend your Service will result in your Service being terminated and a termination fee of $10 will be assessed against your Account.

I agree it sucks, but surely it's your own responsibility to ensure invoices are paid?

• @ElliotJ : I agree there too. However I have been using providers from all over the places for so long. Never I have seen servers being terminated and data deleted just 2 days after due date. Plus the unhelpful staff. They do not even want to understand what happened is causing me so much issues.

• @ElliotJ : I have just received 14 hours ago an email saying that data loss will occur in 96 hours. It seems they do not have an idea of what they are doing. Probably their services are not meant for serious hosters.

• @ElliotJ : They have not followed their own terms of service/information.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@darknessends said:
    @ElliotJ : They have not followed their own terms of service/information.

Sounds like they did follow their terms of service, I'm not sure an automated email qualifies as an override to a mutual agreement. You could certainly bring it to civil court and try your hand at it though.

I know it sucks but maybe the best course of action here is to admit responsibility and move on. You can't get the data back, and smearing them seems very petty when the root of the problem is that you didn't pay your bill and they terminated service according to their terms of service.

Thanked by 2k0nsl Pwner
  • @Jarland : My invoices missed is definitely a part of problem. However I have never seen 2 days later machines being deleted. A miss of 2 days on auto payments can easily happen if one is not alert.

• lurchlurch Member

Different providers have different terms and theirs stated 48 hours which you agreed to on signing up. Also if the data was so precious you should have backups.

• @darknessends said:
    @Jarland : My invoices missed is definitely a part of problem. However I have never seen 2 days later machines being deleted. A miss of 2 days on auto payments can easily happen if one is not alert.

When you're doing some of the lowest pricing in the industry you cannot afford to be too generous with non-payment.

• clickclouditclickcloudit Member
    edited June 2017

Precious peaces of information, and you go for a low end data center? And yes, provides have to hurry to delete data, some give grace like me but who is paying me for that grace? nobody so is up to providers. Just like an apartment rent, if you don't pay by the 3rd you get a sheriff by the 4th.

Either way, no provider will guarantee your data, that's why you keep multiple backups. Now a days is no excuse to have it in only 1 place.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@darknessends said:
    @Jarland : My invoices missed is definitely a part of problem. However I have never seen 2 days later machines being deleted. A miss of 2 days on auto payments can easily happen if one is not alert.

Tough shit, son. You fucked up, dry those tears and move one.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • This is why Colo is amazing! Yes your hardware is "Hostage" but it is much harder for them to wipe data.

• @darknessends said:

When you read the terms you know the terms. In my life not one auto payment doesn't work. So it's clearly your failure and it seems you not even have backups of your data?

• Yea, "Stay away from datacenter xxxxx" because it was my fault. This guy should be banned, messing someone reputation for their own mistakes is beyond forgiveness. I hope mods act on this.

edited June 2017

darknessends said: I have never seen 2 days later machines being deleted

There's a first time for everything. You really don't know what each day of unpaid invoices costs them, but I'd hope that they do. Collectively, having items removed from stock with past due invoices holding them reserved, could cost a small fortunate at scale. They're probably not quite at that scale, but they do have some razor thin margins on a lot of their items, which are probably their best sellers.

• @jarland : They can charge me for being late.

• @clickcloudit : If it was reputation I needed to damage their could be better ways to do it. Most of the people here are either providers or buyers of VPS. I have been here for many years. I am customer for a lot of providers here. Including Jarland.

• But the main question, how was the service for the 14 months? Any downtimes or network issues?

darknessends said: They can charge me for being late

Excellent idea. Have you asked them if they are willing to hire you to rewrite their policy and procedures?

Thanked by 1switsys
  • @Junkless : I can not comment on that to give you confidence enough to host. It was a passive server keeping projects for me. They were important enough for me but not active enough to provide you insight on their network.

The server had issues regarding the fact that doing Raid1 on both disks was not so easy. There is no straight forward way to do it with them. Therefore I had been wary of hosting truly critical production services here.

• Jarland : No harm in asking. But to your surprise if you read terms and condition they mention such fees and I can see them added to invoices.

• A.) you didn't pay the bill

b.) no offsite backups.

Suck it up princess, don't blame the company blame yourself.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • DamianDamian Member
    edited June 2017

darknessends said: I paid a 1000 dollars for past 14 months just to keep my data safe, I was using this for my projects and has been containing a lot of precious pieces of information and infrastructure for me.

darknessends said: Please host with extreme caution. Things go wrong in normal life and stay with providers that know what servers mean to customers.

You had backups of your priceless data elsewhere that you can restore onto a more reliable host, right? This wasn't the sole copy of irreplaceable project information and infrastructure?

Thanked by 1jbarr
  • OP forgot to pay invoice and server deleted; end of thread.

Please do actively keep a backup of your data.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Well they said 48 hours, you agreed to that, yes it sucks when life gets in the way but that is in no way their problem and no blame should be placed on them for that.

The bottom line here, if the invoice had been paid on time of which I am sure you had a minimum of 2 weeks to do, this problem simply would not exist, it is completely unreasonable of you to open this thread telling people to stay away from them, you 100% were the root cause of your own issues.

All they have done is exactly what you agreed to when you signed up, no one forced you to sign up under those terms, it is not their fault you could not check your emails for 2+ weeks and no one forced you to not bother putting a proper backup solution in place.

What if it had been 3 days, 4 days, a week, would that have been ok?

• @AnthonySmith : Sometimes customers notice when services are not working. It is better to wait 7 days before deleting data completely. If it is so much automated than they can create backups.

• darknessends said: @AnthonySmith : Sometimes customers notice when services are not working. It is better to wait 7 days before deleting data completely. If it is so much automated than they can create backups.

Gonna have to be that guy again.

Your failure to make payment within 48 hours of the time we disconnect/suspend your Service will result in your Service being terminated and a termination fee of $10 will be assessed against your Account. SERVICE TERMINATION IMMEDIATELY ERASES YOUR DATA AND YOUR DATA IS NOT RECOVERABLE.

Yes it really, really sucks. They did make it clear in the terms though - I didn't add the caps lock frenzy.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2017

Better in your opinion, but that is not what you signed up for.

You say 7, others would say 10, others would say 14 days, others would say at least a month, so to avoid any confusion they told you in advance 48 hours.

Again, completely your fault and your opinion does not change the fact that this is yet another pitchfork thread by you trying to get people to rally behind you to trash a host because of your own mistakes.

• @darknessends said:
    @AnthonySmith : Sometimes customers notice when services are not working. It is better to wait 7 days before deleting data completely. If it is so much automated than they can create backups.

You want a dedicated server provider to make a copy of your server's data? Before anybody quotes the legal issues of this, that is yet more financial burden on them from a client that hasn't paid their invoice.

• @AnthonySmith : Point of community is to discuss. I appreciate your point. You will appreciate mine someday someone cancels on you like that.

• @IThinkUFailed :

No, I just want them to :
    1. Speak politely and not like bots when they delete data.
    2. Send very consistent emails and not confuse the timelines.
    3. Be a little more patient and very clearly give a notice of data deletion before they do so actually. One can not expect me to recall terms and services signed up many months ago by heart. In their case their email reminders are not consistent with their terms of services.