Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Virmach Special - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New Virmach Special

13»

Comments

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited June 2017

@VirMach Your host is awesome and all and I know because the pricing is so low, you can't provide much support but I the disk speed I can see is more like SSD only set up. I know other clients are using the disk at the same time, but I can burst for moments right?

Disk Speed
    ----------
    I/O (1st run)   : 418 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run)   : 405 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run)   : 443 MB/s
    Average I/O     : 422 MB/s

(Do note that this was tested on the VPS I got from the last special)

The VPS is working, I can access it, and I got no issues with it, so what more can I ask for? I'm paying only dollars a year. There is no lost from doing these specials right? (Aside from the chargebacks/disrupts you will probably get..)

• HxxxHxxx Member

Sure there is a loss. They are giving you a free service in hope of getting ROI by the word of mouth.

• imokimok Member

Good answer there. I have only bought yearly OVZ and the @Virmach servers I have are the most stable ones, followed by Inception Hosting.

And those dedicated E3... sweet.

Keep the great work guys!

• EdmondEdmond Member
    edited June 2017

If anyone still wants OVZ 128MB or OVZ 256 MB VPS, they seem to restocked, so grab them if you still want them. :)

• No good if they say you waive your right for refund.

• Also these guys may want you to provide ID for a $20/yr VPS. If you refuse, well you waive your right for refund. They shut you down. Be aware.

• EdmondEdmond Member

@greattomeetyou said:
    Also these guys may want you to provide ID for a $20/yr VPS. If you refuse, well you waive your right for refund. They shut you down. Be aware.

I got no problems with them, haven't had a issue with billing or anything like that. But they might ask for that if the order's marked fraud..

• With the amount of fraud they must receive I don't blame them...

• EdmondEdmond Member

@mikewazar said:
    With the amount of fraud they must receive I don't blame them...

Considering that it's this cheap, probably a huge amount is fraud..

• noamannoaman Member

@teamacc said:

@Xenos said:
    Be careful before ordering one of the specials. I ordered the SSD KVM and took the risk of the no refund policy. It can't run one tab of Chrome or IE without the CPU maxing out and freezing RDP. They won't refund as expected. I'm not optimistic they will resolve the issues either.

Probably wait a week until everyone else has finished installing their system, should reduce stress on the nodes.

I think you should open a ticket

Also try vnc

Something a little les memory consuming ...

Also use xfce desktop environment