Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PioHost acquired by Access Internet Limited - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PioHost acquired by Access Internet Limited

Comments

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Neoon said: The only case maybe happens is a price increase, but they do not know it yet.

I wouldn't mind a price increase as long as it is not something like 200% :) But I have to admit, the box is working surprisingly well since early December, when I bought it (after a small... fight with Piohost's previous owner in a LET thread)!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jvnadr said:

Neoon said: The only case maybe happens is a price increase, but they do not know it yet.

I wouldn't mind a price increase as long as it is not something like 200% :) But I have to admit, the box is working surprisingly well since early December, when I bought it (after a small... fight with Piohost's previous owner in a LET thread)!

Well currently at those I/O speeds, I would say not even a 50% price increase is reasonable.

Its okay, it works for the price, but when they do nothing on the Hardware and increase the price, its a bad move.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Neoon said: not even a 50% price increase is reasonable

10$ per year for 512MB and 40GB HDD, is a low, though...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2017

@jvnadr said:

Neoon said: not even a 50% price increase is reasonable

10$ per year for 512MB and 40GB HDD, is a low, though...

Well I have yearly boxes for $2.99 USD for 512MB.

I would say 10$ is the beginning of the middle range.

You see still offers below that and providers survive it.

I guess its also a case how you look at it, I did spend today 10EUR just for food in a supermarket, which is like for some days.
    And that thing runs 365 Days a year, hopefully.

But for LET yearly prices 10$, is the beginning of the middle range.

Look at VirMach, they had 5-7$ yearly boxes, still in stock.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

Sums up this acquisition.

Thanked by 2Falzo joeri
  • @vmhaus said:

@bersy said:
    So who will be the next one racksx, vmhaus? Your bets, please, gentlemen.

@bersy, vmhaus has been offered multiple times my different parties, but nope i am definitely not selling it, its sustainable and its in the green

LOL who wants do. buy @vmhaus and what they want to buy? 4 rented dedicated servers? Wow you guy are still funny.

@Nuntius said:

@vmhaus said:

@bersy said:

@bersy, vmhaus has been offered multiple times my different parties, but nope i am definitely not selling it, its sustainable and its in the green

LOL who wants do. buy @vmhaus and what they want to buy? 4 rented dedicated servers? Wow you guy are still funny.

How about all the customers making him a healthy profit?

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Nuntius said:

@vmhaus said:

@bersy said:

At the time you are posting here, we are setting up our 2nd NVMe node in UK with our owned NVMe drives ;)

• @Rhys said:

@Nuntius said:

@vmhaus said:

@bersy said:

What profit can this be with this few servers? What was he offered? A bubble gum?

• @vmhaus said:

@Nuntius said:

@vmhaus said:

@bersy said:

At the time you are posting here, we are setting up our 2nd NVMe node in UK with our owned NVMe drives ;)

Wow I am thrilled! You own some hardware! I am sure you are playing with the big boys!

Nuntius said: Wow I am thrilled! You own some hardware! I am sure you are playing with the big boys!

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the salt mine today.

• @Rhys said:

Nuntius said: Wow I am thrilled! You own some hardware! I am sure you are playing with the big boys!

@Rhys said:

Not at all! But but really who wants to buy @vmhaus does he believe what he writes?

• @Nuntius said:

@Rhys said:

@Nuntius said:

@vmhaus said:

@bersy said:

What profit can this be with this few servers? What was he offered? A bubble gum?

Dunno but I have 4 nodes running making a profit of €300/month each, give or take a little. Depends on what services and type of clients you're serving.

• @Saragoldfarb said:

@Nuntius said:

@Rhys said:

@Nuntius said:

@vmhaus said:

@bersy said:

Dunno but I have 4 nodes running making a profit of €300/month each, give or take a little. Depends on what services and type of clients you're serving.

Gratulation it's a nice side business, but how many takeover offers you got?

• @Nuntius said:

None, but I'm not in the hosting industry. It's just a value added service for my clients. Point is, when margins are low, and I'd expect them to be low for most hosts around here, profit comes at scale. So taking over a healthy and profitable small host isn't that bad of an idea.

@Nuntius said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@Nuntius said:

@Rhys said:

@Nuntius said:

@vmhaus said:

@bersy said:

Thanked by 2Jordan doghouch
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Saragoldfarb said: So taking over a healthy and profitable small host isn't that bad of an idea.

Very true. A hosting company's assets are worth more to other hosting companies than to those just starting out since you can very often consolidate a lot of things and cut costs. Staff and other business overheads especially, and most hosting companies probably have a good chunk of their 'profits' eaten up by general overheads.

So a hosting company with a gross margin of 25% may have a net margin of perhaps less than 5% (or even loss making). But to any potential buyer, that 25% profit margin can be worth a lot.

Thanked by 2Saragoldfarb vmhaus
  • @randvegeta said:

Saragoldfarb said: So taking over a healthy and profitable small host isn't that bad of an idea.

Very true. A hosting company's assets are worth more to other hosting companies than to those just starting out since you can very often consolidate a lot of things and cut costs. Staff and other business overheads especially, and most hosting companies probably have a good chunk of their 'profits' eaten up by general overheads.

So a hosting company with a gross margin of 25% may have a net margin of perhaps less than 5% (or even loss making). But to any potential buyer, that 25% profit margin can be worth a lot.

Make sense when the company you buy is established on the market and not a few month old with 3-4 rented servers.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited June 2017

You guys do sure like to buy from random companies. Who was acquired by WHO?

@Hxxx said:
    You guys do sure like to buy from random companies. Who was acquired by WHO?

Equinix was acquired by ColoCrossing, and ColoCrossing was acquired by Level4.

Thanked by 1Zerpy
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I suspect acquired = "please take it" in this context.

Play for pocket money and this is what happens.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • ZerpyZerpy Member

@Nuntius said:

@randvegeta said:

Make sense when the company you buy is established on the market and not a few month old with 3-4 rented servers.

To be fair - a company can be quite profitable, even with a few servers, that you either own or rent :-) Not sure if your LET mentality is taking up too much space.

For example I have a box generating more than 4000 euro profit every month, that's rather decent I guess :-) Then multiple by 12 - that's 48k

Isn't that OK?

Sure I have other boxes doing less, maybe 1-2k per month

Maybe just realize that some people can actually make money - and VMHaus is one of them.

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Discord cancer strikes again? Stay in your holes, kiddies!

• ZerpyZerpy Member
    edited June 2017

@Amitz said:

comment retracted

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited June 2017

@Zerpy said:

@Amitz said:

comment retracted

That was uncalled for.

Thanked by 2brueggus Hxxx
  • ZerpyZerpy Member
    edited June 2017

@Nekki said:

@Zerpy said:

@Amitz said:

comment retracted

That was uncalled for.

Sure, like the comments from you and Amitz in general ;)
    It goes both ways sir.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited June 2017

@Zerpy said:

@Nekki said:

@Zerpy said:

@Amitz said:

comment retracted

That was uncalled for.

It goes both ways sir.

Yeah, because calling Discord a cancer is entirely on a par with hoping to give a person cancer.

Discord disgusts me so very, very much.

Thanked by 4Hxxx Junkless Yura Amitz
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2017

@Nekki said:

@Zerpy said:

@Nekki said:

@Zerpy said:

@Amitz said:

comment retracted

That was uncalled for.

It goes both ways sir.

Yeah, because calling Discord a cancer is entirely on a par with hoping to give a person cancer.

I agree. That's a very new low here I've seen here today. Just wow.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Zerpy said: For example I have a box generating more than 4000 euro profit every month, that's rather decent I guess :-) Then multiple by 12 - that's 48k

Isn't that OK?

Yes but I guess it depends on the box. Must consider cost of the box (operating and upfront costs) and the lifetime (long term sustainability) of the box. Ultimately what matters is margin and scalability.