Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PioHost acquired by Access Internet Limited - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PioHost acquired by Access Internet Limited

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

If my gut feeling is correct, the host was sold because it had to. So, changes will come, mainly in price increase.

Well, it was a summerhost. What did ya expect?

Thanked by 2ucxo lowfan
  • ucxoucxo Member

ucxo said: until it's final, yes. Based on what I know, it has been final for the better part of a week already and customers have evidently been receiving ticket replies from Access Internet staff for a few days already. So please excuse me if I'm weary of the "completed the acquisition […] as of today" part.

I was just told that I misinterpreted something and it's actually only been about two days, so I have to retract that statement. I'm still not very enthusiastic about the acquisition, but it seems cleaner in terms of execution now.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Alot of ppl spouting off at the mouth. Well let the the ppl in charge address what is going to happen.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@ucxo said:

ucxo said: until it's final, yes. Based on what I know, it has been final for the better part of a week already and customers have evidently been receiving ticket replies from Access Internet staff for a few days already. So please excuse me if I'm weary of the "completed the acquisition […] as of today" part.

I was just told that I misinterpreted something and it's actually only been about two days, so I have to retract that statement. I'm still not very enthusiastic about the acquisition, but it seems cleaner in terms of execution now.

2 days, and we have... a Sunday.

• AmitzAmitz Member

2 days, and we have... a Sunday.

Well, this is LET... ;-)

• Good job adding to the brand @Ishaq hope all goes well.

• rocketrocket Member

RIP my wicked KVM deal, wouldn't be surprised if there is a price rise now (although I can see why they would need to.)

• You all knew what you were buying, on to the next unsustainable deal :)

Predicted this WAY back.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @ucxo said:
    Really, the way this was handled doesn't come across as very professional to me.
    Smells kinda like VortexNode/Linovus in retrospect...

How this would be not professional and anything like vortexnode is beyond me. Taking over assets and liabilities could mean a risk but could also profit the new owner. Imo this shows they have the intention to keep accommodating current clients. Sure, prices may increase but I really don't see anything unprofessional or out of the ordinary here.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith mikho
  • bersybersy Member
    edited June 2017

So who will be the next one racksx, vmhaus? Your bets, please, gentlemen.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • WHTWHT Member

@bersy said:

Who have more owned ips they will get sold. No one cares for cheap clients anymore, Ips baby :)

@WHT said:

@bersy said:

Who have more owned ips they will get sold. No one cares for cheap clients anymore, Ips baby :)

I don't think @Piohost had a single IPv4 owned.

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@bersy said:

VMHaus has stated plenty of times he won't sell out and I'm not sure what the person buying racksx would be smoking to buy them out but I'll take some of that.

Thanked by 2vimalware vmhaus
  • YuraYura Member

@Rhys said:

@bersy said:

VMHaus has stated plenty of times he won't sell out

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@bersy said:

Thanked by 2vimalware bersy
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@bersy said:

@bersy, vmhaus has been offered multiple times my different parties, but nope i am definitely not selling it, its sustainable and its in the green already ;)

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2017

@vmhaus said:

@bersy said:

@bersy, vmhaus has been offered multiple times my different parties, but nope i am definitely not selling it, its sustainable and its in the green already ;)

Thanked by 3vimalware vmhaus bersy
  • kingjjkingjj Member

Was expecting deadpool before accusation tbh. I had my vps deleted and removed from my account several weeks ago when their wigan location went bally up. Still hasn't been reinstated... good luck to the new owner. I don't know if PioHost ever went through with their purchase of a /24 (email May 2nd) as they never changed IP's like they said they would (within 14 days).

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@vmhaus said:

@bersy said:

Now, if you start a dutch entity, I can ensure you green things 24/7 - even if the bank account is red.
    Yes, we're talking about vegetables.

Thanked by 3vmhaus Tom Falco33
  • kingjjkingjj Member

kingjj said: Was expecting deadpool before accusation tbh. I had my vps deleted and removed from my account several weeks ago when their wigan location went bally up. Still hasn't been reinstated... good luck to the new owner. I don't know if PioHost ever went through with their purchase of a /24 (email May 2nd) as they never changed IP's like they said they would (within 14 days).

The new owner's of PioHost have arranged for the former owner to refund me for my VPS as the new owners were not willing to honour such an unsustainable offer - understandably. Cheers Access Internet.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

kingjj said: as the new owners were not willing to honour such an unsustainable offer

What plan did you have with them?

• kingjjkingjj Member
    edited June 2017

@brueggus said:

kingjj said: as the new owners were not willing to honour such an unsustainable offer

The LET-1.5G-Special from April (£5.00GBP for 6 months). A ridiculously cheap and non-sustainable offer.

• VMVPSVMVPS Member

Access Internet acquired a brand without good reputation. It is a pity. I have posted my story with piohost in my blog and strongly suggest my readers avoid them.

• saf31saf31 Member

Next target "Cloud At Cost"

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@kingjj said:

@brueggus said:

The LET-1.5G-Special from April (£5.00GBP for 6 months). A ridiculously cheap and non-sustainable offer.

Well at least it came as no surprise, it's not bad to get that for a month for that price so at least you have time to take a backup.

@VMVPS said:
    Access Internet acquired a brand without good reputation. It is a pity. I have posted my story with piohost in my blog and strongly suggest my readers avoid them.

Lucky for Piohost Customer then.

• kingjjkingjj Member

@AnthonySmith said:

@kingjj said:

@brueggus said:

Well at least it came as no surprise, it's not bad to get that for a month for that price so at least you have time to take a backup.

It was being used for a NS server only. I'm cheap but not cheap enough to put anything even remotely important on a deal like that.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

kingjj said: It was being used for a NS server only. I'm cheap but not cheap enough to put anything even remotely important on a deal like that.

Nice one, glad people are seeing these deals for what they are :)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

AnthonySmith said: seeing these deals for what they are

It's always nice to benefit from those deals for as long as they last. I have in a piohost's yearly box one of the two live backups in one of my mail servers. Is it going to go down tomorrow? OK then, I will switch to another box as a second backup. Will it be kept online? Nice, will be there as long as it is active. No crying, no extreme expectations.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2017

@jvnadr said:

Jordan told me, they keep the UK location.

The only case maybe happens is a price increase, but they do not know it yet.