Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap HDD VPS/Dedi for backups - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap HDD VPS/Dedi for backups

2»

Comments

• @TheRealMakan Have you looked at Backblaze?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited June 2017

kendid said: I'll admit rsync would be nice

Check out sitecopy which is like rsync but supports ftp.

weex is one more program like that.

Thanked by 2kendid vimalware
  • @kendid said:
    I signed up too... It's 10euro though... Currently uploading my backup folders/files... Working excellent through ftp, other than my slow home internet... I'll admit rsync would be nice, but for this price it's perfect for what I need...

Thanks @Ympker for mentioning it in another post...

Once it's uploaded, let me know how long the publication takes.

• kendidkendid Veteran

I'm doing in batches of about 4 gb files... Publications seems to take about a minute or two... (depending on how many files I have waiting to be published)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@kendid said:
    I'm doing in batches of about 4 gb files... Publications seems to take about a minute or two... (depending on how many files I have waiting to be published)

Publication as in sharing the download link? Should be instant via dashboard or what are you referring to?

• @Ympker said:

@kendid said:

Publication as in sharing the download link? Should be instant via dashboard or what are you referring to?

Sorry - might have used the wrong word. Transfer from FTP to your account.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@mikewazar said:

@Ympker said:

@kendid said:

Sorry - might have used the wrong word. Transfer from FTP to your account.

Should be available really fast

• Looking at 1fichier, hubiC, and time4vps. I think I'll try out 1fichier next week, seems promising.

It's only for backup files, not going to access probably ever.

• kendidkendid Veteran

@TheRealMakan

I'm using backblaze on one of my VPS's -- works great using the command line tool

https://www.backblaze.com/b2/docs/quick_command_line.html

• @kendid said:
    @TheRealMakan

I'm using backblaze on one of my VPS's -- works great using the command line tool

https://www.backblaze.com/b2/docs/quick_command_line.html

Wow interesting, I'll try it out. (Just thought the MacOS version would be GUI, guess not)

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@TheRealMakan said:
    Looking at 1fichier, hubiC, and time4vps. I think I'll try out 1fichier next week, seems promising.

You mgiht wanna buy 1fichier earlier as the 10$/year is a promo. Dont know how long this will be available^^

• @TheRealMakan said:
    Looking at 1fichier, hubiC, and time4vps. I think I'll try out 1fichier next week, seems promising.

The day you'll need to access the data you'll need a plan. Doing it via single file links will be a pain.

• If you want a service like 1fichier, you can try uptobox, similar price than 1fichier, but your are able to download from ftp.

• @mikewazar said:

@TheRealMakan said:

The day you'll need to access the data you'll need a plan. Doing it via single file links will be a pain.

Just realized I can't bulk download, which isn't gonna work for me. Going to attempt to install backblaze on my Pi and see if I can figure out how to use it.

• TheRealMakan said: Going to attempt to install backblaze on my Pi and see if I can figure out how to use it.

backblaze have not linux client yet, but you can look a backblaze B2(fee are different)

• @ben47955 said:

TheRealMakan said: Going to attempt to install backblaze on my Pi and see if I can figure out how to use it.

backblaze have not linux client yet, but you can look a backblaze B2(fee are different)

According to @kendid the MacOS command-line method also works on Linux, testing out to see if it'd work. If all fails I'll just go good ol' rsync and a time4vps storage vps.

• @ben47955 said:
    If you want a service like 1fichier, you can try uptobox, similar price than 1fichier, but your are able to download from ftp.

Is there any info on this? I don't see it listed on their website.

• telephone said: @ben47955 said: If you want a service like 1fichier, you can try uptobox, similar price than 1fichier, but your are able to download from ftp.

I can't link, but on the front page, you have a link "upload ftp" and I have tested too.

• @ben47955 said:

telephone said: @ben47955 said: If you want a service like 1fichier, you can try uptobox, similar price than 1fichier, but your are able to download from ftp.

I can't link, but on the front page, you have a link "upload ftp" and I have tested too.

Oh. Sorry I misunderstood you. I thought you meant that a premium user could download their hosted files via FTP.

• You could use Storj: https://storj.io/