Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap HDD VPS/Dedi for backups
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap HDD VPS/Dedi for backups

Yeah there have been a lot of storage threads so far. I just need something for backups.

I have a main 4TB HDD running off a Raspberry Pi which all my PCs are connected to and share their files on. At night every week I am planning on backing up the content on that Raspberry Pi to a remote server just in case if anything happens and my home burns down or something. I'll be backing the data up with Duplicity, so it works with sftp, Drive, etc.

Currently I'm using 100GB~ (Compressed could be less). But I do plan on this to get a lot larger as time goes on, so a server that is expandable for cheap would be a requirement.

Are there any websites that can allow me to backup 100 - 1TB of data per week, expandable if I require later on (Max would be 4TB anyways since it's the max my Pi supports).

Location doesn't matter, CPU doesn't matter, RAM doesn't matter. Probably never going to access the files until I need them. (Also a decent network. Looking for the upload to only take max 6 hours for 1TB)

Cheapest offer I found is Google Drive so far with 2TB for $27.99 and then Kimsufi with 2TB for $29.00, but those amounts are just too much for what I require right now. Any lower, cheaper offers?

Comments