Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are you looking for in the LowEnd World?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What are you looking for in the LowEnd World?

CamCam Member, Patron Provider
edited June 2017 in General

Hello everyone!

I am looking to get feedback from users to get a better idea of what people are looking for from me, as a provider, so I can see if I am able to give people what they are looking for.

A general gist of what I am looking for is,
VPS? WebHosting?
OpenVZ or KVM (Dedicated "Slices"?)
Storage Offers? How large?
High RAM?

I, Specifically have offers for VPS in Germany, Are users looking for more locations in the US or more locations in the EU? Any other locations?

Anything else?
Please keep this discussion related to LowEnd Offer's Feedback.

Thank you in advance for any feedback provided!,
Cam

Thanked by 1leonari

Comments

• 1TB Disk, 6GB RAM, 12 cores for $1/year oh and I forgot to mention, 100% uptime.

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

@zafouhar said:
    1TB Disk, 6GB RAM, 12 cores for $1/year oh and I forgot to mention, 100% uptime.

Thanks but please try to keep this serious

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@cam246 said:

@zafouhar said:
    1TB Disk, 6GB RAM, 12 cores for $1/year oh and I forgot to mention, 100% uptime.

Thanks but please try to keep this serious

You're on the wrong forum pal.

@Nekki said:

You're on the wrong forum pal.

I know people like to joke, I am fine with that, as long as it relates to the topic and genuinely adds to the discussion.

Again, please keep all comments related to my topic.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited June 2017

@cam246 said:

Again, please keep all comments related to my topic.

Not really the way it works.

But hey, since you ask so nicely, people want all the things you have suggested. Every single one of them. Hope that helps.

Thanked by 1Cam
  • agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

I'd love to see dedicated slices on the east coast somewhere other than NY and OVH Canada

Thanked by 1Cam

@agoldenberg said:
    I'd love to see dedicated slices on the east coast somewhere other than NY and OVH Canada

Great! Thanks for feedback!

• sanvitsanvit Member

Seedbox-allowed storage VPSs maybe? Something at cociu's costrange but at CA etc. (non-eu)

Thanked by 1Cam

@sanvit said:
    Seedbox-allowed storage VPSs maybe? Something at cociu's costrange but at CA etc. (non-eu)

This will definitely be coming in the future =D (Canada). Thankyou!

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • sanvitsanvit Member

Plex hosting would be nice too (something like ZX host's plex hosting but again, non-eu location)

@sanvit said:
    Plex hosting would be nice too (something like ZX host's plex hosting but again, non-eu location)

Great! That would be covered in Canada.

• seanhoseanho Member

I think there might be a demand for non-seedbox storage, too, a la Hetzner's storage line, with access limited to rsync, scp, FTP, etc., but not a full VPS. Or maybe object storage like S3 or Swift.

Storage for regular backups has a rather different usage pattern from torrent, and it would be great not to have to compete with seedboxes on the same node.

Thanked by 1Cam

@seanho said:
    I think there might be a demand for non-seedbox storage, too, a la Hetzner's storage line, with access limited to rsync, scp, FTP, etc., but not a full VPS. Or maybe object storage like S3 or Swift.

Storage for regular backups has a rather different usage pattern from torrent, and it would be great not to have to compete with seedboxes on the same node.

Would a NAT VPS fulfill what you are looking for? If so, I have it :)

• saf31saf31 Member

0.5-1 core cpu (fair share), 512mb/1gb ram, 10 gb ssd, 500 gb BW (250mbps-1Gbps), openvz and price around 15$-20$ /year (prefer yearly payment). This is just a replacement for shared hosting and perfect for 1 or 2 wordpress sites. I have helped some of my friends to move from shared hosting to this kind of vps and most of them are very happy with the performance. These are also perfect for personal vpn.

@saf31 said:
    0.5-1 core cpu (fair share), 512mb/1gb ram, 10 gb ssd, 500 gb BW (250mbps-1Gbps), openvz and price around 15$-20$ /year (prefer yearly payment). This is just a replacement for shared hosting and perfect for 1 or 2 wordpress sites. I have helped some of my friends to move from shared hosting to this kind of vps and most of them are very happy with the performance. These are also perfect for personal vpn.

Thankyou! Great feedback!

• sanvitsanvit Member

Yeah! some cheap NATs for personal VPNs would be nice too! Something like you have in germany but in other locations (someplace in asia maybe?)

Thanked by 1MasonR

@sanvit said:
    Yeah! some cheap NATs for personal VPNs would be nice too! Something like you have in germany but in other locations (someplace in asia maybe?)

Great! Definitely something I want to do!

• seanhoseanho Member

@cam246 said:

@seanho said:

Thanks, yes I already have a couple NAT VPSes from LES. It's not about the IPv4. I was thinking of something specifically tailored for backups, something that disallows torrent use, both because of the I/O load and the potential for abusers. Perhaps simply iops limits on a normal VPS (a la @time4vps) would be sufficient, I don't know.

@seanho said:

@cam246 said:

@seanho said:

Thanks, yes I already have a couple NAT VPSes from LES. It's not about the IPv4. I was thinking of something specifically tailored for backups, something that disallows torrent use, both because of the I/O load and the potential for abusers. Perhaps simply iops limits on a normal VPS (a la @time4vps) would be sufficient, I don't know.

Ahh, yes I see what you mean. I do have io priorities set for nat and storage servers but currently no limits set. IO load for the server hasn't reached over 3% so all is good right now.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

$5/year, 512MB, Gigabit, in Asia. ikr?

• m3gfm3gf Member

$8-9 / year KVM 512M 15G disk DDOS-protec capacity>=50Gbps NO OVH,
    stable,good uptime.
    Can we do that?

• williewillie Member

As a storage junkie I like the idea of ftp/scp storage, especially since no other LET providers are doing it afaik. But, I'd be reluctant to buy storage from a new entrant since it's hard to move large amounts of data if the host messes up somehow.

Overall the LET segment is pretty saturated and it's hard to make any money without an established client base. You could aim a little higher and use openstack/ceph/etc instead of the usual whm/solus stuff, but that takes more technical chops.

If you have DC space with people on site, services like mailing out hard drives could be interesting. No one is currently doing that unless you count a few slot hosting products and actual colo.

Thanked by 1Cam
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2017

I am looking for propane and propane accessories.

cam246 said: Thanks but please try to keep this serious

Nah, not in an essentially shill thread which is pretty much WHT style signature promoting. Not here.

• Does Canada get hit by DMCA? I want to install quickbox in it, download torrents and stream it to me in US (I will turn off rtorrent manually when watching Plex) .. I would love AlphaRacks's "Linux VPS Special 2GB" https://lowendbox.com/blog/alpharacks-ddos-protected-linux-windows-vps-from-8year/ But in Canada (for faster speed), prices at 2$/month ~ 2.5$/month

• ps20090 said: Does Canada get hit by DMCA

Well, yea the ISPs certainly get the automated crap - i get that for EU and Asia as well, they just send it out without any checks mostly.

Legality wise DMCA is not much worth in CA; likely less than in EU (where "notice of infringement", as you know then there is some, is an issue - not for torrent as you cannot verify this, but eg. for warez links as it is reasonable to assume you will open the site and check on the surface).

• edited June 2017
    • The absence of the stench of wet feet
    • Slot hosting via iSCSI
    • Dedicated resources
    • HA failover of the VM
    • Block storage
    • A lack of day old food sitting around
    • Private/Internal networks for inter VM communication to keep from burning bandwidth.
    • Configurable resources
    • KVM
    • IPv6
    • US close to Tulsa
    • IPMI
    • FreeBSD
    • Richard Stallman
    • Everything working like it's supposed to, so I don't have to go back and fix trivial shit
    • High RAM, high CPU storage
    • Shoes
    Thanked by 1Cam
  • bersybersy Member

Let me think... I don't know any LET style VDR (Resouce Pools) in Europe so... ImpactVPS ins't there yet.

Thanked by 1Cam
  • mxvinmxvin Member

VPS w no problem with tun/tap, Affordable(<2$ coz at these price i can reach), Unlimited bw. >10GB Disk, NATed for reducing its price..

so, anyone know where I can get these now? idk where to buy, Quadhost seems cant handle themself problem :( (mann quadhost again)

• mxvinmxvin Member
    edited June 2017

@cam246 said:

@seanho said:

Where???? gimee that crumb.

• corbpiecorbpie Member
    edited June 2017