Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PIOHOST, second chance! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PIOHOST, second chance!

2»

Comments

• @Bopie said:

No, the product you have is located in Bristol, we do not offer Wigan now.

I know that, picked it up as an possible alternative to Wigan. Was referring to OP, didn't know he was in that location.

• Not even they destroyed all my data, but also deleted my VPS and no notice was sent. They said that their node crashed, everything was lost, no email was sent to me and didn't want to refund. A paypal dispute solved things and I will never buy from them anymore. It looks like it's a one man "company". Don't buy from them if you want a serious service. Just don't.

• @Bopie said:
    @advarisk

If you do have any issue let me know, we have many happy customers and this is an unusual incident that we could not have predicted, I always work my hardest to help each and every client regardless of exactly how much they pay.

Yeah right.

• One of the worst hosts we have had to deal with in the past 20 years (yes, been in this business since 1997) only Fasthosts are a bigger bunch of ####s. Only opened an account for testing and the node was good, until it went down twice in 2 weeks. The support from Aaran and Abigail was unbelievably poor. Lesson learnt, even for a test account, do your research. Don't waste your money.

• BopieBopie Member

I can assure you we are not a one "man" company, even if you check our public records there is more than one person who works for piohost, We are small yes and have only 3 people including myself but that works for the size of company we are, As for no email being sent some people seem to not have received the email notification however it has been on the network issues page since it happened and is still open now.

I can't comment on PP disputes as PayPal have been refunding both parties when i have phoned them about the issues we faced, There is no argument for the situation we have had as its just not on and I can see why people are angry so no point arguing that.

@drdrake

• @Bopie said:
    I can assure you we are not a one "man" company,

>
    So Abigail is a man?

• BopieBopie Member

@energytech said:

@Bopie said:

>
    So Abigail is a man?

I mean it could potentially be a man's name, however She is not no.

• @energytech said:

@Bopie said:

>
    So Abigail is a man?

Are you assuming genders?

• edited June 2017

@energytech said:

@Bopie said:

>
    So Abigail is a man?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10541202/officers

"MISS ABIGAIL HICKMAN"

So, no.

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • @Bopie said:
    I can assure you we are not a one "man" company, even if you check our public records there is more than one person who works for piohost,

>
    public records do show you are a one "man" company?
    You and Abigail

• @energytech said:

@Bopie said:
    I can assure you we are not a one "man" company, even if you check our public records there is more than one person who works for piohost,

>
    You and Abigail

Public company records only show the directors of the company - whilst in this instance it may be true (although I think there was a reference to a 3rd staff member so it may not be), due to the small company size it could be the case - but company records don't show all employees.

• BopieBopie Member

@energytech said:

@Bopie said:

>
    You and Abigail

If you want to get technical, then yes according to companies house im the only man, however, there is another employee who works under the hood with technical things that like to stay out of the limelight and he is a man.

As mentioned above there is about 10% of our clients that were affected by the issue on the Wigan node, we admit that things were handled poorly and there is not much we can do now for those clients that left us, and we dont blame those that did as we know how annoying this is.

We are trying to work with all clients affected by this.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@drdrake said:
    Not even they destroyed all my data

Just restore your backups :-)

Dataloss happens, specially when raid controllers die, if you're smart enough to run a VPS, then maybe you should also know that backups, regardless of anything should be done.

You cannot blame a company for you not backing up your data.

There's nowhere whatsoever on their website that it says "We backup your VPS free of charge daily".

Every provider do what they can to prevent dataloss, but it happens, and every provider hate that very moment.

But if backups are not included in the plan, then maybe you should do your own and be a bit more responsible.

You're a joke.

Thanked by 1aaraya1516
  • YuraYura Member

@Bopie, I like you on a personal level based on your messages on the board but one thing is really bothering me.

Do you enter clients VPSs and look inside it's data when you have suspicion​ that a client may break a rule in your ToS?

• @Yura said:
    @Bopie, I like you on a personal level based on your messages on the board but one thing is really bothering me.

Do you enter clients VPSs and look inside it's data when you have suspicion​ that a client may break a rule in your ToS?

Whilst I understand your point and I stand on middle ground can you continue this discussion elsewhere. That is not the point of the tread. Lets deal with this issue first okay?

Thanked by 1Yura
  • BopieBopie Member

@Yura said:

Do you enter clients VPSs and look inside it's data when you have suspicion that a client may break a rule in your ToS?

I never enter any container without permission first, the exception to that is when there is an obvious DOS or DDoS attack and that is only to document the installed or used scripts so that I can cover my own ass, I assume you are referring to the guy torrenting from a while back, When I spoke on ticket to him he was adamant he was not torrenting, I asked for permission to enter his container first and he agreed.

I no longer run OVZ now anyway only KVM and I know its still possible to read clients data but no, never do we look at people's VPS without prior permission

Thanked by 1Yura
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

GenjiSwitchPls said: Are you assuming genders?

Is that a thought crime?

• kingjjkingjj Member
    edited June 2017

Intersting, I got a completely different reason when I submitted a ticket asking about my vps being deleted/removed from my account:

Hi,

We did not foresee this happening but our DC we were using have been under heavy attack lately and because of that we have had to have our server removed, We hope to have the server back in production by early next week and hope that you can understand the situation we are facing.

We are sorry for this and as a company we know exactly how you must feel about this and we understand that some of our customers will not want to host with us anymore, We had opened up a new location to quick without actually testing the service of said location, We do know that this is with no regard to you the client however in this situation there is not much we can do.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this and we hope that you can hold in there with us until we resolve this.

Wigan. Up and down for several days before completely out. DDOS perhaps?

Edit: No email received at any time, nil in the status page when I checked before submitting a ticket, just an empty services page and no vps.

• sanvitsanvit Member

I got a full refund for the wigan location. Took like 10 miniutes... Wigan was fast, but yeah, shit happens. Still, @Bopie sorted all out. Always happy with him. I wish you good luck @Bopie! :)

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited June 2017

@energytech said:

So Abigail is a man?

• BopieBopie Member

@kingjj said:
    Intersting, I got a completely different reason when I submitted a ticket asking about my vps being deleted/removed from my account:

Hi,

We did not foresee this happening but our DC we were using have been under heavy attack lately and because of that we have had to have our server removed, We hope to have the server back in production by early next week and hope that you can understand the situation we are facing.

We are sorry for this and as a company we know exactly how you must feel about this and we understand that some of our customers will not want to host with us anymore, We had opened up a new location to quick without actually testing the service of said location, We do know that this is with no regard to you the client however in this situation there is not much we can do.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this and we hope that you can hold in there with us until we resolve this.

Edit: No email received at any time, nil in the status page when I checked before submitting a ticket, just an empty services page and no vps.

The issue you are mentioning there was what happened before this, you are correct, we faced a DDoS attack, a power outage and other issues in the time that we hosted with that DC, then (and we believe the outage is what caused the damage) the raid controller failed on one node, the reason why you were given a different reason is because I believe you contacted us when we had the problems with DDoS, after that we managed to sort that out and literally a few days after we were greeted by a node being offline, now there is other issues that we have has since then like not being able to access ips we were assigned etc but id be happy to discuss this over PM with those affected as I do not wish to publicly "bash" a provider that although I had a bad experience with I believe what happened was somewhat out of his control.

• kingjjkingjj Member

@Bopie said:

@kingjj said:

Hi,

The issue you are mentioning there was what happened before this, you are correct, we faced a DDoS attack, a power outage and other issues in the time that we hosted with that DC, then (and we believe the outage is what caused the damage) the raid controller failed on one node, the reason why you were given a different reason is because I believe you contacted us when we had the problems with DDoS, after that we managed to sort that out and literally a few days after we were greeted by a node being offline, now there is other issues that we have has since then like not being able to access ips we were assigned etc but id be happy to discuss this over PM with those affected as I do not wish to publicly "bash" a provider that although I had a bad experience with I believe what happened was somewhat out of his control.

Hi Bopie, thanks for your reply. I received that response 15 hours ago (Ticket ID: 990962). I'm happy to wait for you guys to sort this as you see fit but it would have been nice to receive some communication over the last week, last email I had from Piohost was about website maintenance on May 30.

• utamautama Member

my vps in wigan is down too since 30 may. and abigail said nothing he can do and just wait for possible move in the future. ticket id: 754244

no refund no sla nothing offered as solution because it's special offer (similar to OP).

lesson learned.

• drdrakedrdrake Member
    edited June 2017

@Zerpy said:

@drdrake said:

You're a joke.

The fact that you ignored the fact that the service was interrupted before expiration, all data lost and no notice from them makes me think that your reply is sponsored.

• @drdrake said:

@Zerpy said:

@drdrake said:

You're a joke.

The fact that you ignored the fact that the service was interrupted before expiration, all data lost and no notice from them makes me think that your reply is sponsored.

Zerpy from what I know from speaking doesn't have any Piohost services I do. And the choice of a P410 was a bad move he admits it. He hasn't had the best of experiences in the Wigan location and he is working to move it to Bristol.

It was interrupted but not cancelled or terminated the service will continue with data loss at the new location.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@drdrake You bitch about everything dont you? If you understand life things happens and most things you cant control. The provider is trying to work something out with the ppl affected but it takes patience and less of the bitchy attitude.

• ZerpyZerpy Member

@drdrake said:

@Zerpy said:

@drdrake said:

You're a joke.

I have no services with Piohost, I think I don't have any services with most people on LET, but I do have quite some experience with large hosting setups, and I've seen the weirdest things happen during power failure, or just random raid controllers failing (even the super expensive ones) with an array that was completely broken.

So no, I don't write sponsored replies, but I do have enough experience in the hosting industry to understand and defend providers when things happen that can go very bad.

It doesn't matter if the service was interrupted before expiration (which it's not, if you talk to Piohost from what I can read above) - if you do not backup your data, then it's really your own fault, regardless of service being expired or not.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

drdrake said: all data lost and no notice

How exactly do you give notice of a sudden raid card failure that destroys the data? to 'give notice' implies prior knowledge.

• @AnthonySmith said:

drdrake said: all data lost and no notice

How exactly do you give notice of a sudden raid card failure that destroys the data? to 'give notice' implies prior knowledge.

You send them an email and tell them what happened and create another VPS for the remaining time?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

drdrake said: You send them an email and tell them what happened and create another VPS for the remaining time?

Right, I think we have a language barrier sorry.

I think you mean an RFO, to give notice is to tell someone about something coming up in the future :)