Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host Solutions down... - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host Solutions down...

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

AnthonySmith said: EVERYONE should stop using LET as the first second or even third option for support, it is ridiculous.

Seconded for truth.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • YuraYura Member
    edited June 2017

@AnthonySmith said:
    This thread should just be closed

Not so fast, Mr. Smith. This thread is legit and a way to keep the host accountable. Especially when the host in question fails to provide a robust internal communications with their clients. If they open offer threads and throw deals inside threads then they should have feedback loop here. Including the negative one, Mr. Provider. This is not a WHT type of place - plaster your ads and clean your hands off. Nope.

Otherwise, rebranding would be fitting. I suggest HostProblems.ro. Because fsk that.

Thanked by 1LateForACronJob
  • cociucociu Member
    edited June 2017

Yura said: I suggest HostProblems.ro. Because fsk that.

you have any problem? do you in your life have any server with +140 tb atached ? i can guarantee no so way to blame if you never past of this kind of issues ? also yes this time we have publish in our whmcs the problem , but clearly have users who dont look.

• YuraYura Member

@cociu said:

Yura said: I suggest HostProblems.ro. Because fsk that.

you have any problem?

With your services? Yes, I had and I'm glad to not use your services anymore. I replied to Anthony's suggestion because I disagreed and don't want another problem of yours to be wiped under the rug when it's clearly not resolved. If you invite me to open a review thread about your services, then I will think about that but these concerns are separated.

Do you in your life have any server with +140 tb atached ? i can guarantee no

Oh, shrinking cociu, never change. Of course, talking down to person you barely know and assuming things you simply can not know is your way of dealing with all problems you caused to yourself. :)

so way to blame if you never past of this kind of issues ? also yes this time we have publish in our whmcs the problem , but clearly have users who dont look.

You always blame your customers. Network - abusers, shrinking disks - abusers, not having a status page and not getting communication right - but clearly have users who dont look.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Communicate with your host through the provided mechanisms, if you do not get an adequate response, leave them and write a review and give someone else your money instead.

It is a free market, you get to chose who you use, if you are using them simply because you cannot find a cheaper alternative, now you see the end result of that, manage your expectations.

The host is not causing the servers to fail for fun.

LET is not a support desk, this thread is being used from what I can see as the first option for support which is ridiculous.

If you want to make them accountable, use their support system, see the ticket through to completion if your goal is to damage a host's reputation for some unhealthy internal hate filled reason, make a new thread legitimately portraying evidence your experience.

I had someone try to reboot their VPS 3 times here on a node that was down because they were using the thread for support, they had not opened a ticket it later transpires and I don't even work for this company, it is so ridiculous.

Please stop getting caught up in the witch hunt mob mentality, hosts do not invent the hardware or write the software (999/1000) used to provide you with the service and hosts are not going out of their way to lose customers.

When dealing with big data, any issues take significantly longer to deal with, that is just a physical constraint that cannot be overcome.

Could the host have done better, I don't know, if he has an announcement up on the billing system that is being updated with new info and ETA's as they come then that should be fine.

Vultr offer storage, I suggest using them, feel free to pay 500% more so that when a storage node is down you get an email within 24 hours.

Thanked by 3cociu vimalware NanoG6
  • cociucociu Member
    edited June 2017

Yura said: With your services? Yes, I had and I'm glad to not use your services anymore. I replied to Anthony's suggestion because I disagreed and don't want another problem of yours to be wiped under the rug when it's clearly not resolved. If you invite me to open a review thread about your services, then I will think about that but these concerns are separated.

so you are a unsatisfeched customer. Glad to know you ... Now if we are so bad in what we do way spend time with us ? just go away and find your next provider we never have been obligated any person to be our customer, lucky for customers have many here so do not cray , you just go from a bad one. What more you need ?

• YuraYura Member
    edited June 2017

@cociu said:
    so you are a unsatisfeched customer. Glad to know you ... Now if we are so bad in what we do way spend time with us ? just go away and find your next provider

I stopped your services in 2016, thank you very much. Again you try to turn discussion of your services being down (this thread) which is not resolved, into discussion of my relationship with you and how much tb I dealt with in my life... i recommend you to concentrate on your nodes. No one broke rules in this thread for it to be closed. 2c.

What more you need ?

I don't want negative threads of providers to be closed in this fashion, especially when issue is ongoing. That's all I want and I won't keep saying this whole day long. I stated this clearly enough and answered to you and Anthony. That's all.

Thanked by 1LateForACronJob
  • cociucociu Member
    edited June 2017

Yura said: I stopped your services in 2016, thank you very much. Again you try to turn discussion of your services being down (this thread) which is not resolved, into discussion of my relationship with you and how much tb I dealt with in my life... i recommend you to concentrate on your nodes. No one broke rules in this thread for it to be closed. 2c.

never i have told to be closed. Also if you have stopped in 2016 i am sure was not for downtime because in 2016 we had verry short downtimes/problems

if you look in all latest threads about hostsolutions is mall , negative ones you will see all this problems was causated by 2 nodes. We work now to replace this node so no worry will be the last thread about this problems. BUT ..... people like you will have a problem , will connect LET and will be verry aburring to not have providers to blame....

just my 2 cents

Oh well, I suppose if we all agreed on everything the world would be a very boring place.

@cociu I suggest you put an announcement up on your billing portal covering everything and just point people to that, getting involved here is clearly not helping.

If you want help writing it in clear English just PM me what you write I will rewrite it for you.

Thanked by 3Yura cociu Ndha
  • cociucociu Member

AnthonySmith said: If you want help writing it in clear English just PM me what you write I will rewrite it for you.

i have put in my english something some hours ago. Thanks any way , and thanks for your comments about how is handling a storage servers because most of normal persons dont know. Eaven us we have make some errors in our first nodes but now we have aprended.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Well, it's just that most professionals try to avoid learning in public and do it beforehand... But well, this is LET...

• Cociu is always posting replies here but don't answer tickets for serveral days.

• Hey anyone knows how to change networks in HostSolutions? He said there are 4 different networks, do I need to open tickets (i don't want to as he is busy) or can I do something about it from SSH?

Thanks
    Have a nice day :-)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2017

AnthonySmith said: EVERYONE should stop using LET as the first second or even third option for support, it is ridiculous.

If you don't want LET being a help desk then the providers need to stop allowing it to be one by replying as if it were.

These threads exist because they get answered faster than the tickets in some cases, nothing ridiculous about that for the paying customer, well other than the idiosyncrasy that the provider will prioritise a forum thread over an issue or tickets about it.

Publically complaining is a proven method of getting results faster, that will never change.

• 127001127001 Member

ps20090 said: can I do something about it from SSH?

lol if that was possible no one here would be upset

• XenosXenos Member

@AnthonySmith Don't read this thread if you don't like it. You're not even affected by the down time.

• @drdrake said:

@cociu said:

jakechen said: The VPS details show nothing but "Login to vel8 Host failed"

This is a idiot node unfortunatly , we have start to move all data to a new node. Always vel8 was with problem so we have decided to change the entirely node. Will be back in the next 2-3 hours and no more problems

First vel7 was "idiotic", now vel8 is. What about next week? vel9?

I think you should be managing your business more carefully. You shouldn't have moved to vel8 if you thought it was damaged. Also more than 2-3 hours have passed and the VPS is not online.

Big deal.

Shit happens.

It's low end talk, 7$ being the highest starting monthly price. I wouldn't expect 99.99999999999% uptime.

• @Janevski said:

@drdrake said:

@cociu said:

jakechen said: The VPS details show nothing but "Login to vel8 Host failed"

This is a idiot node unfortunatly , we have start to move all data to a new node. Always vel8 was with problem so we have decided to change the entirely node. Will be back in the next 2-3 hours and no more problems

First vel7 was "idiotic", now vel8 is. What about next week? vel9?

I think you should be managing your business more carefully. You shouldn't have moved to vel8 if you thought it was damaged. Also more than 2-3 hours have passed and the VPS is not online.

Big deal.

Shit happens.

It's low end talk, 7$ being the highest starting monthly price. I wouldn't expect 99.99999999999% uptime.

Would you expect 70% uptime? Because it's lower than 70%.

• Myself I am waiting for the node to come online, get all my data and ask for a refund. If anyone got any offer for 1TB storage server, PM me.

• I think these types of threads have earnt him more customers tbh. Any publicity is good publicity....right?

Xenos said: @AnthonySmith Don't read this thread if you don't like it. You're not even affected by the down time.

Could you try pressing reboot now please?

Thanked by 1mikho
  • cociucociu Member

drdrake said: Would you expect 70% uptime? Because it's lower than 70%.

just courious how you make this calculation ?

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited June 2017

@Amitz said:
    Well, it's just that most professionals try to avoid learning in public and do it beforehand... But well, this is LET...

I know that cociu has people in his team who speak english quite well. But cociu being cociu often wants to respond quickly so that people don't need to wait for an answer.

Which is very well meant, friendly, commendable - and stupid, as it seems.

Myself being an engineer I value the "make things works and don't care whether it looks nice" attitude. As long as I can understand cociu's "renglish" (and I do) it's OK for me. But one shouldn't ignore the fact that in our modern societies most people are utterly concerned about how things look - plus they deduct way too much; native english speaker, for instance, often tend to consider people who don't speak english well to be idiots and unprofessional.

But lets keep reality in mind, OK? Even if each and everyone complaining here about hostsolutions being lousy were right, just assumed, cociu would still have by far less than 1% unhappy clients. That's not at all bad.

And just btw, NO, I don't blindly defend cociu. I am a customer of his and that's not coincidence but because besides some problems all in all I enjoy availability above 99.5% and that at a very attractive price. If hostsolutions were really lousy I would have left a long time ago.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @drdrake said:

Would you expect 70% uptime? Because it's lower than 70%.

That totally depends on what time period you are quoting the uptime for.

@cociu said:
    just courious how you make this calculation ?

Here's the stats from my uptime monitor: http://imgur.com/a/qbIXu - top is my storage VPS on vel7, other is another VPS I have with you. I'm personally not complaining about the downtime because I can see it's not affecting everything & the uptime on my other VPS with you is really high so I can see that it's just an issue affecting a select few customers & that once it's sorted it should be working really well.

• Lol it's getting funny now. Still no service.

• is it just me or does the client area take ages to load? takes 5 min to login, go to tickets, and open a ticket.

also, any update on vel8?

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

@mosan7763 said:
    is it just me or does the client area take ages to load? takes 5 min to login, go to tickets, and open a ticket.

No, you're right the main page is fast, but the whmcs backend is loading for more than 2 minutes.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

AnthonySmith said: This thread should just be closed, the host should put an announcement on their billing and support system and EVERYONE should stop using LET as the first second or even third option for support, it is ridiculous.

On the one hand, opening a thread here to discuss a provider's issues is completely legit.

On the other hand, when a provider is more active here than in his own ticketing/announcement system, you naturally get people here looking for answers.

Maybe we should forbid people from posting ticket numbers...that would force them to go through the ticketing system.

PremiumN said: I think these types of threads have earnt him more customers tbh. Any publicity is good publicity....right?

Chris Fabozzi and Johnny Nguyen did it intentionally. Come here with shitty service and drama threads, soak up hits. I don't think cociu does it intentionally, but it's the same effect.

Thanked by 2Yura Falzo
    edited June 2017

raindog308 said: On the other hand, when a provider is more active here than in his own ticketing/announcement system, you naturally get people here looking for answers.

Indeed, I am just going to start offering support for other hosts clients on LET when similar threads happen, see how many people I can get to try and reboot :) count so far is 3.

• williewillie Member

AnthonySmith said: see how many people I can get to try and reboot :)

This discussion has been closed.