Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BTC Payment Only for Hosting Services. Why do some customers prefer BTC? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BTC Payment Only for Hosting Services. Why do some customers prefer BTC?

13»

Comments

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@randvegeta said:

@jcaleb said:
    Is it possible to invent a new algo for crypto that is more efficient?

Efficient in what way? Process more transactions? Take your pick of any other Crypto Currency, and all can handle more than BTC at the moment. All depends on block size and time. Increase block size and/or reduce time and you can handle much more.

Ok. I have no idea

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@jcaleb said:

@randvegeta said:

@jcaleb said:
    Is it possible to invent a new algo for crypto that is more efficient?

Efficient in what way? Process more transactions? Take your pick of any other Crypto Currency, and all can handle more than BTC at the moment. All depends on block size and time. Increase block size and/or reduce time and you can handle much more.

Ok. I have no idea

Most people haven't a clue and yet they still 'invest' :).

• jcalebjcaleb Member

randvegeta said: Most people haven't a clue and yet they still 'invest' :).

If Warren would invest in it, then I will surely follow

• @William But surely, the fee increases with the amount? You wouldn't want it to not confirm?

• doghouch said: But surely, the fee increases with the amount?

The fee does not increase; it is a network fee and not amount based. 10$ will at this time confirm a 100 million $ transaction in the same time as a 10$ one.

Thanked by 1xxlx
  • xxlxxxlx Member

@doghouch said:
    @William But surely, the fee increases with the amount? You wouldn't want it to not confirm?

not sure about this but it looks like you are confused about the fees. If you send the btc with too small of a fee the miners will all choose to confirm the Btc sent at higher fees, Thus yours will not confirm and will go back into your wallet. The higher a fee you send with the payment the less blocks it waits until being confirmed. The standard fee will confirm your transaction within 10 blocks.

• @xxlx said:

@doghouch said:
    @William But surely, the fee increases with the amount? You wouldn't want it to not confirm?

not sure about this but it looks like you are confused about the fees. If you send the btc with too small of a fee the miners will all choose to confirm the Btc sent at higher fees, Thus yours will not confirm and will go back into your wallet. The higher a fee you send with the payment the less blocks it waits until being confirmed. The standard fee will confirm your transaction within 10 blocks.

I was referring to it being too slow, not losing it.

• doghouch said: I was referring to it being too slow

As time passes, some things get faster and some things get slower. In days gone by you'd hand someone a c-note and the deal was done - almost instant (and a lot like Paypal). Now people are suggesting that the future scenario is going to involve long waits while all the machinery in the background grinds away. Is this really the direction we want to go? Seems quite primitive to me.

• Ole_Juul said: Seems quite primitive to me.

It is pure capitalism - pay more to get speed.