Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How you start your VPS hosting business? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How you start your VPS hosting business?

2»

Comments

• How one start a VPS business = By not asking about how to start one

• mxvinmxvin Member
    edited June 2017

@time4vps said:
    Short(?) plan for start:

Seems easy.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited June 2017

@DewlanceVPS You have sixth sense. :) Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Best wishes!

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • i will tell you as i thought about it. If you can't compete with the biggest in the market (DO and VULTR) don't waste your time. I did my research before starting, and came to the conclusion i had to develop my own control panel (basically to avoid paying for example whmcs / solusvm or virtualizor) with hourly billing and also be able to compete with their pricing. So i did.

That's my piece of advise.

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

So we can sum it up that you have to deliver something special, don't be just another reseller with same prices than many other vps hosting resellers.

Imo being at lowest price doesn't guarantee you to stay on top, it's all about the service, if you can provide good service customers will come, even when you're more expensive than other hosts.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited June 2017

My choice was initial investment. Basically spend 1-2k Eur to a solid server and spare disks that lasts you 2+ years, then colocate for as cheap as possible with /25 or /26. Once you find a cheap (and reputable) housing, you'll make a horrible losses for the first 2-3 months, after that you begin to cover the monthly fees. One year after you regularry make back your monthly costs several times over, and after 2 years you have long since made back the original costs of the server.

If you rent 300 USD/m OVH dedi, it will be hard to break even without overloading the machine.