Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone who needs Finland VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone who needs Finland VPS?

finlandvpsfinlandvps Member
edited June 2013 in General

Hello,

I'm currently setting up a business for providing cheap VPS and managed VPS services located in Finland.

Customer can choose from KVM, Xen or OpenVZ, although my
preference would be KVM or XEN for setting up the VPS hosting.

To start with here are some details:

• two to three locations in Finland where to host the VPS
  • dedicated IP v4
  • no IPV6 available from the operators yet
  • internal IPS are possible
  • 100 Mbps internet connectivity to start with which will be upgraded to 300 Mbps
    quite soon after service has launched at least in one location. This is a promise.

• currently internal 1 Gigabit network

• 10 GBe network for shared HA storage also being worked on

CPANEL yet to be decided:

• based on feedback it can either be SolusVM, Virtualizor or a yet unpublished custom new CPANEL which has been in development for quite some time already. This cpanel will be published this coming week. More details later.

Price will be determined by Low End Talk guidelines, which is starting from $7 with no setup fee. For payments we can provide MasterCard, VISA, Paypal or wire transfers.

I already have the servers for setting this up. I have already colocated
some servers in one datacenter and rest are sitting waiting for connectivity.
Two other locations are being worked on.

Server hardware is Dell servers with enough RAM, RAID backed
storage. We will not oversell RAM, or HDD.

Basic 7$ VPS might be:

• 256MB RAM
  • 30GB HDD
  • 100 GB Bandwidth

Basic 10$ VPS might be

• 512MB RAM
  • 50GB HDD
  • 200 GB BW

Basic 15$ VPS might be

• 1024MB RAM
  • 75 GB HDD
  • 300 GB BW

Basic 20$ VPS might be

• 2048MB RAM
  • 100 GB HDD
  • 400 GB BW

Basic 25$ VPS might be

• 3 GB RAM
  • 150 GB HDD
  • 500 GB BW

Basic 30$ VPS might be:

• 4 GB RAM
  • 200 GB HDD
  • 750 GB BW

Options include managed VPS service as well.

I can also provide scalable and HA MySQL database cluster as a service on
internal network and on dedicated servers, so it doesn't count as used bandwidth, if you're interested. Also possible: PostgreSQL.

Language wise support will be in: English or Finnish.

If your feedback is positive, this VPS service offering will be ready for launch
later this fall.

These would be the cheapest VPS prices in Finland. Generally one would have to pay minimum of 11 euros + Value Added Tax ( 11+VAT euros can get you a 50 GB BW, 10 Mbps connectivity, 15 GB HDD, 256 MB RAM) to 50 euros per month to get any VPS in Finland.

You can contact me directly [email protected] if you want to get
hooked up early to the service.

Any feedback is appreciated. Also I'm willing to work on VPS options and offerings
such as BW, but also note that BW is a bit expensive in Finland
and is usually restricted unless you pay large $$ for BW (one place asks
25$ for overused 1 TB BW and dedicated 100 Mbps is like 500-800$/month
depending on the location) .

However I'll do my best to offer service options based on your feedback and options you would like.

Also, even over a short period of time, if things start well, and this service is wanted, then options like BW can be increased (one location will get 300 Mbps fairly easy- but 1 Gigabit is a lot more expensive).

Thanks

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

Apart from single homed Creanova http://bgp.he.net/AS51765 who don't peer with local ISPs directly, have strange billing system/contol panel, paypal surcharges, etc... there's no known Finish budget VPS provider so unless you're on same network as them there could be some interest for sure.
    I am wondering about this part "no IPV6 available from the operators yet" considering you're saying "two to three locations in Finland where to host the VPS". How did you succed to find DCs without IPv6 connectivity at Finland at all? :)

• Network is not on the same peer as Creanova. One location has two peers. Elisa and DNA.

Actually, this one other location can not get iPV6 routed as the operator isn't yet routing IPV6 because they're following others whether to implement IPV6 - that's in their words. In the future there might be IPV6 in this location when IPV6 gets more mainstream.

I'm not sure about the other two locations for IPV6, I will find out.

Thanks for posting information about Creanova - I didn't know
    them.

According to http://creanova.org/virtual-servers.html they provide
    unlimited BW.

I can also offer unlimited BW, but it will be shared 100 Mbps up to 300 Mbps.

At least my options for disk space, and RAM were more generous.

Also they don't offer monthly billing, which I will support.

They're managed VPS is +65 euros. I'll offer +30 euros.

Also their chepest VPS don't offer Control Panel at all. Control Panel is included in all offerings that I proposed.

• In before all the bwaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh only 100GB????

• BW is expensive, and I promised not to oversell capacity.

as I said;
    I can also offer unlimited BW, but it will be shared 100 Mbps up to 300 Mbps.

So in effect in all deals, there wouldn't be any limits on the bandwidth, but maximum you get to use is shared 100 Mbps - 300 Mbps.

How's that for a deal?

• If I were you, I would go with another country. I doubt there would be too much demand for these.

• rds100rds100 Member

Finland is "exotic" and interesting location. Still i would recommend focusing in one location inside Finland, spreading your efforts in several locations might make it much more difficult for you. And for us the foreigners the exact city in Finland is not very important, it's the country that is interesting.

Also i can imagine that buying more bandwidth in one location would turn out better for you in the long term that buying the same bandwidth spread over 3 or more locations.

• Any chance you'd offer registration of .fi domains as well for for with a VPS there? Currently you need to provide the henkilötunnus which is somewhat annoying since I don't know anyone there and my name ends in fi, so it would be neat.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Are you going to use your own AS?

• Yes, I'm Finnish.

I can focus on two locations to start with. I'll know more later, which one
    gets preference over the other on the long term, but there will be two locations
    that is for sure. Third location is considered, but I don't have servers there yet.
    I have two locations now with servers. It doesn't make it more difficult with two locations, quite the opposite.

100 Mbps to 300 Mbps BW upgrade is my preference for one location with
    nearby location.

Other locations have other benefits that I value highly as well, but they
    have higher BW costs - like 1 Gigabit needs statistics how much
    is foreign traffic and how much is actually used, with 100 to 300 Mbps that is not a problem or asked. For 1 Gigabit speeds however, I will need enough customers first though to make it cost beneficial.

This all depends on the demand however, what is wanted and
    what is affordable and cost beneficial.

I also host my own sites on some of these locations, so they are quite important for me.

• AmfyAmfy Member

@gbshouse said:
    Are you going to use your own AS?

haha, was about asking the same. :)

• I will get a managed network class or a few from the operator for one location - they don't offer any other option.

Other locations - I start with assigned network addresses. Haven't considered getting own AS at this point.

• Any chance you'd offer registration of .fi domains as well for for with a VPS >> there?

The answer is YES.

• Puhutko suomea?

Puhun sujuvasti suomea. Äidinkieleni kun on suomi.

• @Liam said:
    Puhutko suomea?

Kyllä puhun.

• pottupottu Member

As a Finn, this is interesting for sure. The existing offers from other Finnish providers are just too expensive, IMO. However, unfortunately I already have enough idling VPSs (with pretty good recurring discounts) so I'm not sure if I'd buy yet another one at this point. Will definitely keep an eye on this though and hopefully there's enough demand so you can start / keep selling.

Are any of the locations in Southern Finland ?

Good luck.

• Yes, one location in Southern Finland which is being ramped up and will
    be ready this fall.
    Other location considered is Lahti city. Depending on the demand.
    Third location is in use already, not in Southern Finland though.
    Ping times are 10 ms, and bandwidth is 100 Mbps, quite good 10 - 11 MB/s.

@pottu - how much are you paying for a recurring discounted VPS?
    Are these VPS in Finland ?

• finlandvpsfinlandvps Member
    edited June 2013

Once I'm up and running, I need a few testers, who can get a free VPS.
    Email me: [email protected] to know more.

I need testers from Finland, USA, Europe, and other countries if there is interest.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited June 2013

@finlandvps said:
    The answer is YES.

Awesome, I'll be down for a VPS and domain whenever you get started up.

Also mailed you about the testing.

• @Setsura - perfect.

• pottupottu Member
    edited June 2013

@finlandvps said:
    pottu - how much are you paying for a recurring discounted VPS? Are these VPS in Finland ?

Nah, one of them is in Italy, -50% -> 45EUR/yr + extra disk space. Two of them are in Estonia, -20% / -40% -> 20EUR/yr & 15EUR/yr. Same specs for the two except the latter has doubled bandwidth. I especially wouldn't want to cancel the Italian one as it's a pretty good deal. All 3 of those are currently pretty much just idling, so it wouldn't make much sense to buy a fourth idling VPS. :-)

Just to be clear though, I do think your prices are very fair and I'd definitely get one if I didn't already have those mentioned above. Who knows though, maybe I would/will buy one from you, later on.

• @pottu - can't get any cheaper in Finland :)
    Start hosting sites or crunching numbers on the VPS, why keep them idle :)

Network connectivity to Italy must be slow -- Estonia should be quite OK.

• this should be interesting, don't see many LEB from Finland. Sent you an email re: test vps.

• tuxtux Member
    edited July 2013

@finlandvps said:
    Network connectivity to Italy must be slow -- Estonia should be quite OK.

No, connection to Italy is very fast from Finland.

• RelipRelip Member

Ok... Hmm. Somthing looks simillar to me...

Nah, I'm just kidding :D

• @Relip - you had a nice Title :)

But everything else is different :)

Just got a word, that if enough people sign up for this service, then 1 Gigabit
    is not a problem, but so far I haven't seen a mass reaction for this :)

There seems to be some interest, but how huge, that will left to be seen.

Probably more Finns are interested in this rather than foreigners.
    But I won't advertise this yet to Finns until the service is ready to be
    launched.

I can also rent Apple Mac Minis as a service if anyone is interested on Macmini hosting in Finland.

• ttsaonttsaon Member

bw is toooooo expensive

• @ttsaon - if you get unlimited 100 to 300 Mbps BW without transfer limits
    wouldn't you be happy for a LEB ? Who uses LEB for huge traffics anyway
    unless you plan on doing something illegal?

• ttsaonttsaon Member

@finlandvps I just need setup vpn ,if you give me good pakcage.

• @ttsaon - for what use would the VPN be used for?

• @ttsaon - how much traffic are you looking to get?