Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Quadhost / i-83 still in business?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Quadhost / i-83 still in business?

I got two VPS from them a while back and thought they were pretty good. Now one of them can't be started and I see on their site that they no longer offer that choice. I guess they just dropped the server along with the plan. The other plan I got is still offered and is indeed working, however it takes over half a minute to respond and send a static web page. It has also taken several minutes to get the control panel to load, so the whole thing seems broken. I opened a ticket the other day, but there's no response. I'm thinking that perhaps they've just gone out of business and left everything to expire. Is that what's happening?

It's very little money, so I'm not worried about that nor support, but need to know if I should stay or look for something else.

Comments

• josh788josh788 Member

@Ole_Juul said:
    I got two VPS from them a while back and thought they were pretty good. Now one of them can't be started and I see on their site that they no longer offer that choice. I guess they just dropped the server along with the plan. The other plan I got is still offered and is indeed working, however it takes over half a minute to respond and send a static web page. It has also taken several minutes to get the control panel to load, so the whole thing seems broken. I opened a ticket the other day, but there's no response. I'm thinking that perhaps they've just gone out of business and left everything to expire. Is that what's happening?

It's very little money, so I'm not worried about that nor support, but need to know if I should stay or look for something else.

Hey,

I believe quadhost are still in business.

I assume you mean quadhost.net.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

They appear to still be going, but they're having a lot of issues with no sign of them subsiding.

IIRC, the last suggestion was that they were suffering sustained DDoS attacks and were failing to mitigate them, which may explain some of what you're seeing.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • TomTom Member

Honestly I want them to be but it's seeming less and less likely. The issues they've faced in the past month or so have been multiple problems, I've heard tickets go unanswered for weeks and they haven't exactly communicated well when the Germany nodes were down.

Don't get me wrong - I WANT them to still be in business as have a vps and couple of nat boxes there myself and theyre very nice, the above is just what I've observed on LET the past few months.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • priestpriest Member
    edited May 2017

I also had to drop two great VPS/deals I had with them. One idling 2GB KVM and a 8GB. The one I was using worked well.

But I never had a response to a ticket since April. That coupled with tremors on some of their services concerned me. Thus I sadly walked away.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • josh788 said: I assume you mean quadhost.net.

How many are there? lol In the emails I've gotten from them they refer to themselves as Quadhost Ltd.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Ole_Juul where do you have servers with them ?

• Clouvider said: @Ole_Juul where do you have servers with them ?

The one which appears removed was in Singapore. The one which is still hanging in there is in Varna Bulgaria.

@Ole_Juul said:

Clouvider said: @Ole_Juul where do you have servers with them ?

The one which appears removed was in Singapore. The one which is still hanging in there is in Varna Bulgaria.

I think there was something in heir status page about DDoS in SIngapore, if that continues that would still be blackholed if wasn't DDoS protected.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • LESLES Member

Business on autopilot? @quadhost @i83

@LES said:
    Business on autopilot? @quadhost @i83

Someone's filing up the status page even if not responding to the crowd here.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • williewillie Member

LES said: Business on autopilot?

It has mostly seemed that way over the past few months. I have a storage server with them that was successfully migrated from Falkenstein to London recently, so they haven't completely left the building, but stuff there definitely isn't as well-kept as it used to be.

• You can't mitigate ddos 24/7/365 on a LET budget unless you're reselling ovh

• @vimalware said:
    You can't mitigate ddos 24/7/365 on a LET budget unless you're reselling ovh

or voxility

In Singapore ?

• @Clouvider - it looks like Quadhost hosts their London Servers at your facility (Public IPs: 185.164.138.x as documented here: https://quadhost.net/account/knowledgebase/5/Find-your-IPv4-NAT-Instance-Public-IPv4-Address.html)

Are you able to contact them to perhaps get a status update or check if all is well (or the reason for the lack of communication)?

Thanks.

• Publically posting the IPs is f*cking retarded anyway. No wonder there is DDoS attacks

• @GenjiSwitchPls said: Publically posting the IPs is f*cking retarded anyway.

I guess one option would be to "protect" the page so that only logged in users have access but I'm not really sure how much that would help.

@nullnotthere you need to get in touch with them directly, Clouvider does not provide any support for Customers of our Customers, sorry. I'm also n ot aware of any issues with their UK based services?

There are plenty ways of contacting them apart from the ticket. Last time I checked the number they give in whois works, so you can call them, or you can even write them a letter.

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • @Clouvider said: @nullnotthere you need to get in touch with them directly, Clouvider does not provide any support for Customers of our Customers

Yes I am aware, but thought I'd just check in case you do have contact with them.

Thanks for the clarification.

• YmpkerYmpker Member

I once phoned them and someone acctually answered the phone promptly. That was a few months ago. So those willing to can try their luck :)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09661301 hmmm. Active proposal to strike off.. someone has run away.

@hawc said:
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09661301 hmmm. Active proposal to strike off.. someone has run away.

Someone didn't file the accounts. Naughty. Doesn't mean nothing more than that.

• @Clouvider said:

@hawc said:

Someone didn't file the accounts. Naughty. Doesn't mean nothing more than that.

I agree, however someone not filing accounts shows an unorganised company. I ask you talk to QuadHost to come here and speak to its customers, so far every thread against them you have come in here defending them or at least trying to insinuate that the customer has not done everything in their power.

Exhibit A) This thread
    Exhibit B) https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112182/stay-away-from-quashost-net-and-i-83-net/p1
    Exhibit C) https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112824/quadhost-india-location-outage (Not defending but still chiming to ask LeapSwitch questions about his Infra)
    Exhibit D) https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/108585/quadhost-vps-not-connectable-host-website-dead-slow-cannot-issue-ticket/p1
    Exhibit E) https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/93023/quadhost-does-not-care (Not defending as such but once again chiming in)
    Exhibit F) https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/110313/quadhost-virtualizor-login-problems-anyone/p1

I could continue but I now want to get out of bed for a subway. Every post about QuadHost you have chipped in defending him despite the quality and service being subpar, I know he is your customer and you wish your customers the best but you make it seem like you meet George down at your kebab shop every friday night, so next time you are ordering you chicken kebab with garlic chips tell him to pop on here on any one of his accounts and help us out. Talk to us we love communication, we've not had a lot of it.

edited May 2017

Well, I follow every thread about a provider known for running from our infrastructure.
    Their infrastructure with us seems to work and I can see that despite any problems they might have, they are trying to sort it and not running from it. Example would be the i83 nat at Hetzner that although took time, the data has been recovered to my understanding, and Customers offered alternative locations. There are a lot of examples of providers doing contrary - taking money, calling it quits and running away, without providing any services. So far I can see evidence to the contrary, and as such I'm merely pointing out this fact. That's all.

Of course I don't agree with many decisions and I'm in no way praising their actions. As you probably noticed Clouvider keeps itself to a significantly higher standard and we would never allow a similar situation to happen to us. I can however see that they are trying to turn it around and so I try to be as accommodating for them as possible.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

Clouvider said: they are trying to sort it and not running from it

Where have you seen this? I'm yet to see an explanation for multiple weeks worth of downtime on their services to their customers. And from the looks of things we won't ever be getting one.

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls
  • @Rhys said:

Clouvider said: they are trying to sort it and not running from it

Where have you seen this? I'm yet to see an explanation for multiple weeks worth of downtime on their services to their customers. And from the looks of things we won't ever be getting one.

To add on to Rhys @Clouvider I'm seeing the same shit I saw with EvoBurst. I had NAT services with them a long time ago and so far this ship is sinking very similar.

I ask you to contact QuadHost as you seem to have strong relations with them to come here and prove me wrong. I do not wish to see another deadpool or another provider who was held fairly greatly here to be going down shits creek without a paddle.

Again I get you wish your customers the best. But to date QuadHost hasn't provided the best to it's customers whilst it not being entirely their fault I'm sure some areas are common sense such as not publically disclosing non DDoS protected IP addresses

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

GenjiSwitchPls said: I ask you to contact QuadHost

I don't have the impression that @Clouvider wants to become involved in this and I can't hold it against him. I think Quadhost is well aware what's going on here (at least since the Hetzner downtime) and if they wanted to say anything, they already would have done so.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • @brueggus said:

GenjiSwitchPls said: I ask you to contact QuadHost

I don't have the impression that @Clouvider wants to become involved in this and I can't hold it against him. I think Quadhost is well aware what's going on here (at least since the Hetzner downtime) and if they wanted to say anything, they already would have done so.

Understood but if Clouvider wishes to continue to defend and chime in saying stuff like "they are trying to resolve it" when all information being released says otherwise really doesn't leave a good reputation for either.

• Ole_JuulOle_Juul Member
    edited May 2017

Clouvider said: Example would be the i83 nat at Hetzner that although took time, the data has been recovered to my understanding, and Customers offered alternative locations. There are a lot of examples of providers doing contrary - taking money, calling it quits and running away, without providing any services. So far I can see evidence to the contrary, and as such I'm merely pointing out this fact.

Evidence to the contrary would be my experience. It really looks like my NAT in Singapore has been terminated without as much as an email from them. I understand it may have been too cheap to be sustainable and that's fine, but to my way of thinking an email saying that offer is discontinued would be their minimum responsibility. Even a note when I log in, would be something. As it stands, this does look like "taking my money and calling it quits". I hasten to add that it's a very small amount and I'm not worried about any data. It was however, something I bought in good faith.

I do hope they recover and straighten things out. It would be nice if I could continue with them and they at least offer me an alternative, even at a higher more sustainable price.

• I can confirm there was a long downtime (resolved now) and unanswered ticket for the 4th day now