Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Email Hosting For Custom Domains - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Email Hosting For Custom Domains

2»

Comments

• @rajprakash said:
    Jeffrey Not to derail the thread, but I'm curious: Why not roll your own postfix+dovecot+spamassassin primary and backup MX scheme as suggested by a few others in this thread? Is it cost prohibitive? Or is it simply a matter of offloading the headache of running your own mail server to an outside provider?

There are solutions to ease the pain. Like installing a custom panel that takes care of the setup, like i-mscp. Or iredmail, if you need a mail panel only.

• awsonawson Member

@rajprakash said:
    Jeffrey Not to derail the thread, but I'm curious: Why not roll your own postfix+dovecot+spamassassin primary and backup MX scheme as suggested by a few others in this thread? Is it cost prohibitive? Or is it simply a matter of offloading the headache of running your own mail server to an outside provider?

Not everyone is edgy enough to have their own mail server.

• I understand well that there are control panel based setups that are easy, and I know not everyone may feel up to running it themselves. I've done the research on those panels before deciding to roll my own.

I've run a primary and backup mailserver for about 8-9 years for about two dozen users with a handful of domains. I've not to have any issues, and very little false-positive SPAM classifications with simple postfix header/body checks couple with spamassassin.

I was going to encourage the OP to run his/her own mail systems given the relatively low complexity for a relatively small amount of users/domains. It opens up a world of flexibility.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited July 2013

@awson said:
    Not everyone is edgy enough to have their own mail server.

Why would anyone who runs their own mailserver have to be 'edgy' (meaning irritable, on edge)?

• We have gone with Google. Thank you everyone for the recommendations. We wanted an offload solution to make everything easier and for 100% Uptime when it comes to Email

• dnwkdnwk Member

I ran a mail server for my self using Zarafa with Activate Sync. Anyone want to share its capability?