Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Email Hosting For Custom Domains
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free Email Hosting For Custom Domains

Hello, I am currently looking for an alternative to Microsoft's free Email Hosting platform that lets you use your domain for the end of your email address.

For example: [email protected] is hosted over at Microsoft's servers. They offer this all for free, however, I find it a bit frustrating that I cannot reset the passwords for the accounts I create under the @gridhostingsolutions.com domain. So, to reset the password, I simply remove the email account and then re-add it. However, Microsoft is becoming more strict on this and is not allowing us to re-create the accounts.

Is there any free custom Email hosting solutions for domains? I know Google used to have it for free, am I wrong? Please paste a link below to free ones. Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2013

https://pdd.yandex.ru

Up to 1000 mailboxes, also can host your DNS zone. Though administrative interface is only in russian.

• @dazedandconfused Hmm, I'll have to take a look at that. I have recently stumbled upon http://inbox.com

• inbox.com will work, however, for their free plan there are ads on the outgoing emails on the footer. anyone else know of any free ones?

• wilbowilbo Member

Gmail lets you use your own domain also.

• hdvmhdvm Member

@wilbo said:
    Gmail lets you use your own domain also.

Not free anymore since December 2012, but if you added a domain at google apps before it stopped being free, you can still use it for free.

• inbox.com has ADs in outgoing email from both SMTP and webmail.
    Currently I have been using with:

1. Gandi.net, when you transfer domain to them, you get a 5 email accounts package with 1GB of storage totally.

2. Yandex.ru, great IMAP experience, the webmail can be setup to english.

3. Zoho.com, good email hosting, but can setup only 3 accounts for free.

• klikliklikli Member

25mail.st :)

• @klikli I said free.

• Apart from US and Russia, are any free providers located in any other country?

• i think zoho mail can do that for free

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Postfix + Dovecot are both FOSS :)

• https://domains.live.com/
    free email hosting provided by Microsoft Hotmail. It's something similar like Google Apps Domain

• awsonawson Member

Cool, a provider that can't even afford email hosting.

• blackblack Member

lol some people don't even read OP's post and post anyway.

• Postfix.

• @awson I can most certainly afford it, it's just that I want something free very similar to Microsoft's free plan, which has great features. Why pay for something I can get for free?

• klikliklikli Member

@jeffrey
    I bet you haven't clicked into my link yet.

• @netsujit said:
    https://domains.live.com/
    free email hosting provided by Microsoft Hotmail. It's something similar like Google Apps Domain

READ OP.

OP said he wanted to move away from that.

• @johnlth93 zoho sucks

• I currently use Zoho and it's great and uptime hasn't been a problem.

• @netsujit said:
    https://domains.live.com/

Sorry guys.... I didn't read the OP in a proper way and posted in a hurry. Apologies!!!

@klikli said:
    25mail.st :)

25mail.st is from Rimuhostings. It's a New Zealand based company. I have used them. Not sure if you guys have heard about Zonomi DNS hosting... which is part of Rimuhosting. When I was using 25mail.st.... they were providing 5 mailboxes free. But now... it's just 1 mailbox free and additional mailboxed US$0.50/mnth.

You can try them out... they are really good.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

We use Zoho free.

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited June 2013

@natestamm said:
    johnlth93 zoho sucks

Some said so, but i never really used it so can't really comment on it.

Though it "seem" fine. From what i can see of a glimpse at least

• I use yandex :) the panel is only in Russian but it's easily translated by Chrome

• And, there are lots of them in China.
    QQ.com
    163.com
    sohu.com
    sina.com
    All have free domain email hosting.

• FritzFritz Veteran

+1 on Zoho.

• Zoho is the best

• @Jeffrey Not to derail the thread, but I'm curious: Why not roll your own postfix+dovecot+spamassassin primary and backup MX scheme as suggested by a few others in this thread? Is it cost prohibitive? Or is it simply a matter of offloading the headache of running your own mail server to an outside provider?

• Zarafa is a good replacement if you are tired maintaining your own setup. It is a replacement for exchange server, with support for outlook ( outlook support for 3 users in free edition). It is awesome for what it is..