Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good alternatives to WHMCS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good alternatives to WHMCS

2»

Comments

• williewillie Member

What went wrong is we used Stripe for smaller customers but sent paper invoices to some of the bigger ones, and didn't bother to go after the paper invoice customers if they didn't pay. I'm sure a lot had to be written off, and some of the amounts were in 5 figures. The Stripe stuff worked fine though.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited July 2019

I am using boxbilling in production environment. It has been 2 years. 0 incident yet. Out of the box, it's horrible and unusable. You can't even create a God damn ticket. But with some love, the end user can't even tell the difference between boxbilling and whmcs.

Not everyone can shell out some money for whmcs when they just trying to sell some $3 / month reseller hosting from @Francisco.

2 years later I have about 500 account, I can easily afford Blesta, but I choose to keep boxbilling because migrating 500 account is pain in the ass.

Well, you know the saying. Don't fix till it's broken.

The thing with boxbilling it's 100% open source. If something is broken, just fix it.

Thanked by 1AndrewSSD
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@yokowasis said:

I don't think that applies to security. Just ask all the Vesta.guys.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @MasonR said:

@yokowasis said:

I don't think that applies to security. Just ask all the Vesta.guys.

Also another saying, what doesn't kill you make you stronger.

• uptimeuptime Member

what doesn't kill you make you stronger.

alternatively, just makes one wish they were dead

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • LeeLee Veteran

yokowasis said: Well, you know the saying. Don't fix till it's broken.

I get it, you don't care. I would expect that from users of boxbilling.

• ulayerulayer Member, Host Rep

Looks like this is a pretty ancient thread. Anyways, we use Blesta. It has its downsides, like having a terribly documented API but we're managing... The pricing is solid and unlike WHMCS it doesn't have a user limit, like their cheaper plans do. Our panel that's being worked on will integrate with Blesta in some fashion.

• @Lee said:

yokowasis said: Well, you know the saying. Don't fix till it's broken.

I get it, you don't care. I would expect that from users of boxbilling.

Well, if I don't care I won't fix it. Like I said, boxbilling is unusable and terrible out of the box. I do care a lot, that's why I fix and tear it apart, and create my own custom boxbilling.

• Blesta
    WiseCP

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Don't forget The Hosting Tool.

If you don't like something about it, you can recreate it from scratch in about an hour.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • @raindog308 said:
    Don't forget The Hosting Tool.

If you don't like something about it, you can recreate it from scratch in about an hour.

Fuck! This dead script brings back some memories! This and ipanel used to be the only two p2h billing panel.

Ahhh good old days.