Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good alternatives to WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any good alternatives to WHMCS

Hey Guys!

Can anyone recommend a good alternative to WHMCS? I have one lifetime license but I see they have changed now to not offer this which shows a lot of alternatives but wondering if anyone has used any of these mentioned and how they compare to WHMCS etc

Came across this http://www.hostingadvice.com/blog/whmcs-vs-blesta-vs-billmanager-vs-others/

Thanks!

Comments

• Just use Blesta

• Better than WHMCS in your opinion ?

• Yes for sure, go over to blesta and get a month trial license. Also join the forums. Devs are super helpful and Paul is a great guy.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • Blesta is good but lacks in the massive amounts of modules/addons that WHMCS has.

• DustlabDustlab Member

Closest alternatives would be Blesta, ClientExec, HostBill, in that order. With Blesta being the least costly.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Cheaphost said: Can anyone recommend a good alternative to WHMCS? I have one lifetime license but I see they have changed now to not offer this which shows a lot of alternatives but wondering if anyone has used any of these mentioned and how they compare to WHMCS etc

If you have a lifetime license, why are you looking for an alternative?

Presumably because you're unhappy with some specific things in WHMCS? If so, tell us and perhaps you'll get a better response.

If you do switch, you can sell your WHMCS lifetime license...they're going for $300+ last I looked. e.g, extralicense.com

• CheaphostCheaphost Member
    edited May 2017

^^ No actually very happy with WHMCS but I wanted to run another domain

but thanks I might well purchase another lifetime license if they are readily available at a reasonable cost

• Blesta or clientexec you can try them

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Hostbill is more advanced compare to clientexec or Blesta.

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2017

@WebProject said:
    Hostbill is more advanced compare to clientexec or Blesta.

well I am assuming you can afford $1,000+ usd to even get HostBill correct than as a let provider? if so congrats sadly the rest of the let providers really cannot even afford $1,000+ to get HostBill to start with; since as much as I would like to get HostBill for its colocation management that sadly is out of our reach and likely other let provider's reach unless they do have money from other sources(job,etc) to actually afford HostBill's $1,000 price just to test it.
    But I do agree to some regards HostBill is more advanced in some things not in all though.

• I'm sorry to necro this thread, but for anyone still seeking a WHMCS alternative, we're in the process of launching a new WHMCS alternative you might find interesting:

https://hostlaunch.io/docs/whmcs-alternative

HostLaunch combines the speed of ServerPilot with the simplicity of the HostLaunch web hosting control panel, which includes a billing interface through Stripe, email through SendGrid, VPS instances through DigitalOcean, and more.

We're currently in a closed beta testing period and would like to invite all readers here to apply to participate then offer their feedback early on in our development process to help form the best possible solution to meet their needs.

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited June 2019

@serverpilot_support said:
    I'm sorry to necro this thread, but.......

Double-necroing? Really?

whmcs-free-alternative

• serverpilot_support said: I'm sorry to necro this thread, but...

Open a new thread featuring your product and services.
    Then, after people have posted their honest critiques, you can edit it to "deleted".
    Works in 99% of the cases.

I am not sorry for being a dick.
    It's though love, which is one of the worst excuses for being a dick.

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

1+ for blesta

Thanked by 1Actavus
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Go for blesta if it works for you and get their lifetime license while you can

• AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

boxbilling

You will love it,

I hope their staff continue developing it.

• LeeLee Veteran

AndrewSSD said: You will love it,

No.

• AndrewSSDAndrewSSD Member, Host Rep

@Lee said:

AndrewSSD said: You will love it,

No.

I tried boxbilling personally and it's working great , It's good for anyone who wants a simple hosting script.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Blesta

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider

Is anyone here using Blesta in a production environment?

• @v3ng said:

@exception0x876

• donlidonli Member

@v3ng said:

@Cam (Gulllo's hosting) uses Blesta.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

@v3ng said:

I’m using Blesta. It took some time to get use to. But, it has been good for my hosting and billing usage.

• I use Blesta in my small-scale operations; a replacement for an old version of Hostbill (that was included with a VPS).
    Once used to its' terminology and way of working, it seems to be capable enough for my needs. I manually process both clients and payments however, so can't comment on links to other systems.

• JorboxJorbox Member

I use Blesta from two years, +200 clients and it just works out of the box

• LeeLee Veteran

AndrewSSD said: I tried boxbilling personally and it's working great , It's good for anyone who wants a simple hosting script.

https://github.com/boxbilling/boxbilling

Last commit Aug 2018, reason? Update logos.css
    Last activity on the core? 4 years ago

No way is that a trustworthy piece of software, anyone using as a serious hosting service that charges clients should hang their head in shame.

Thanked by 1level6
  • ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited July 2019

@Lee said:
    No way is that a trustworthy piece of software, anyone using as a serious hosting service that charges clients should hang their head in shame.

Perfect for summer hosts, though.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • LeeLee Veteran

ITLabs said: Perfect for summer hosts, though.

It was/is used by all the free Hostinger resellers if that is still a thing. Noticed that you also need PHP 5.6, pretty sure that is EOL now.

Thanked by 1ITLabs
  • williewillie Member

Place I worked used its own billing stuff written in Ruby. Didn't seem like that big a deal.

• donlidonli Member

@willie said:
    Place I worked used its own billing stuff written in Ruby. Didn't seem like that big a deal.

It's all fun and games until something goes wrong.