Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS that allows Snapshots
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS that allows Snapshots

I'm looking for a cheap(duh) VPS that will allow me to take snapshots and restore them at anytime. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Vultr, DigitalOcean, buyvm,

from $5 per month

• NetxonsNetxons Member

@dedicados said:
    Vultr, DigitalOcean, buyvm,

from $5 per month

It seems BuyVM Slice doesn't support any kind of backup and snapshots yet?

• We offer 2 free snapshots per VPS. These are enabled for everything except storage VPS services.

Thanked by 2bersy risharde
  • All our services include snapshots as standard too

Thanked by 1bersy
  • bersybersy Member
    edited May 2017

@perennate @Awmusic12635 @dediserve @matteob @key900 @KuJoe, Vscale, iwStack etc...

BandwagonHost allows 2 sticky snapshots that's not expired and more temporary ones (30 days). Their cheapest VM these days is $3/m or $20/yr. 6 US, 1 CA and 1 EU locations are available to deploy and migrate a VM to/from. That's my aff link just in case)

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited May 2017

@dediserve and Impactvps are two reliable hosts I have used with snapshot feature. Both rock solid.

• PlioserPlioser Member

Add Linode to the list.

• qtwrkqtwrk Member

Add netcup to the list.

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

We offer this as well, 1 snapshot free per VPS with additional purchasable for both KVM and OpenVZ based plans.

• launchvpslaunchvps Member, Patron Provider

Hi :) We offer snapshots on our KVM plans, too.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@bersy said:
    @key900

Thanks for sharing us.

We do allow SnapShot backup take a look.
    http://letbox.com/page/KVM

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I am pleasantly surprised that so many providers are offering snapshots. I hardly ever see that stated in the offers so just a reminder to those providers to make sure to specify this as a selling point as well for their services. I would definitely consider this a +1 when looking for dev. Vpses

Thanked by 2asf vimalware
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks @sanvit for the mention, currently are only doing automated Daily backup. We could roll back to the last Daily backup if required. For client panel self snapshot backup, it should be out soon in June, pending the release of Virtualizor 2.9.2. :)

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • Try out DigitalOcean. I heard they are decent with VPS

• Thanks for the awesome replies! Keep 'em coming. More specifically, I'm looking for unlimited snapshot (or at least a lot. I can store them, I just want to be able to take them whenever I want. ) Looking for something less than $40/year, any more recommendations?

I like @vmhaus 's auto daily backups is this something standard with a lot of providers? This could be just as useful, though I'm looking for something that I can set up, snapshot, tinker on, restore, etc. I'm a student, so I like messing around in the configs and setting up new stuff to learn. I'm also a broke college student.

• NubSmooNubSmoo Member

Vultr's snapshots are still free, digitalocean's cost now

edited May 2017

@morgancj said:
    Thanks for the awesome replies! Keep 'em coming. More specifically, I'm looking for unlimited snapshot (or at least a lot. I can store them, I just want to be able to take them whenever I want. ) Looking for something less than $40/year, any more recommendations?

I like @vmhaus 's auto daily backups is this something standard with a lot of providers? This could be just as useful, though I'm looking for something that I can set up, snapshot, tinker on, restore, etc. I'm a student, so I like messing around in the configs and setting up new stuff to learn. I'm also a broke college student.

Well, i have no information about other providers, its always good to drop them an email to clarify :)

The downside of our automated backup is that you would need to submit a ticket for a restore request for now.

When we implement client end self snapshot/live backup in the coming months, only 2 slots would be included per vps for free. Cheers!

• @vmhaus said:

@morgancj said:
    Thanks for the awesome replies! Keep 'em coming. More specifically, I'm looking for unlimited snapshot (or at least a lot. I can store them, I just want to be able to take them whenever I want. ) Looking for something less than $40/year, any more recommendations?

Well, i have no information about other providers, its always good to drop them an email to clarify :)

The downside of our automated backup is that you would need to submit a ticket for a restore request for now.

When we implement client end self snapshot/live backup in the coming months, only 2 slots would be included per vps for free. Cheers!

Only 2 slots, so I can have two different snapshots stored at once? Can I replace them an unlimited number of times?

Also, would it be possible to download a third to keep on my own storage, then upload into one of the two slots to restore from?

@morgancj said:

@vmhaus said:

@morgancj said:

Only 2 slots, so I can have two different snapshots stored at once? Can I replace them an unlimited number of times?

Also, would it be possible to download a third to keep on my own storage, then upload into one of the two slots to restore from?

@morgancj, we make sure to provide you more information when we roll out the live backup feature ;)

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

We do on our Hyper-v offer : 3 snapshots/vm