Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The most premium and high uptime VPS for production use - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The most premium and high uptime VPS for production use

2»

Comments

• YuraYura Member

I have a dozen of small services with @Virmach. Most of them are idling hard but the production one has 132 days of uptime and the node is not oversold. I know that most of my specials come with limited support and I'm glad I didn't have a reason to ask for it, but I feel like Virmach support would be competent and helpful if such need will arise. I can't say this for many other LET providers.

From what I gather, Virmach is able to have very competitive pricing not out of desperation to plug holes but due to deliberate improvements over business processes and passing savings on to clients. I may be crazy but these are my 7 cents.

Thanked by 1VirMach
  • There is http://mnx.io located at Illinois, US.
    http://lg.chi.mnx.io/

Thanked by 1NickMNXio
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Well you nerfed your list badly. Basically by taking out DO, LINODE and BUYVM you are out of options ;) . Do some reading.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Hxxx said:
    Well you nerfed your list badly. Basically by taking out DO, LINODE and BUYVM you are out of options ;) . Do some reading.

Maybe he already got a slice :D

Francisco

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

My budget is $5/month

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • @raindog308 said:

My budget is $5/month

What is the problem? he is simply looking for the most premium VPS for $5

Thanked by 1bersy
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

maldovia said:

I just googled "premium VPS". It's amazing to see how many providers provide them.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

maldovia said: What is the problem? he is simply looking for the most premium VPS for $5

He's looking for "most premium and high uptime".

I'm looking for the most premium sports car for $500...

Thanked by 2chocolateshirt ucxo
  • @brueggus said:

maldovia said:

I just googled "premium VPS". It's amazing to see how many providers provide them.

yes. there are many premium vps. but there is only 1 the most premium vps

Thanked by 1elixir
  • JonchunJonchun Member

@maldovia said:

@brueggus said:

maldovia said:

yes. there are many premium vps. but there is only 1 the most premium vps

So which one is it???

• @raindog308 said:

maldovia said: What is the problem? he is simply looking for the most premium VPS for $5

He's looking for "most premium and high uptime".

I'm looking for the most premium sports car for $500...

Peugeot 206

• RizRiz Member

Ramnode? I've got a handful of reverse proxies running there which are near performing uptime similar to what some of the HA setups are I have running.

Virmach is nice all around, but with their pricing / plenty of neighbor VMs this can be problematic at times. There support has always been informative, and knowledge from my experience though. More so a question of when something will fail rather then if these days.

Food for thought - depending on what interaction is needed, you might be able to automate the start up process with Chef / Ansible. From a monitoring stand point, you could watch for port 443 to stop responding, and use that to trigger a config tool.

• hzrhzr Member

Riz said: Food for thought - depending on what interaction is needed, you might be able to automate the start up process with Chef / Ansible. From a monitoring stand point, you could watch for port 443 to stop responding, and use that to trigger a config tool.

They are already fully orchestrated, FDE is used and can't retrieve secrets across the network (yet) until userspace network overlay launches. Specifically: the intent is that any restart or launch requires a human to note down why, what data was potentially lost, and etc

I already have services in the same DCs as the most common hosts, or already use the most common hosts basically - is $5-10 for <128MB ram asking a lot?

• CronusCronus Member

I moved to RamNode a few years ago after my previous hosts went out of business. I can't say I've suffered any downtime that I know of. I'm in their ATL DC with KVM, But try yourself a Seattle based KVM and I'm betting it'll be rock solid. Nick has an awesome support team, and his infrastructure is amazing. RamNode has spoiled me, started getting some cheap vm's for random things and they are horrible.

• maldovia said: yes. there are many premium vps. but there is only 1 the most premium vps

And that is the premiumest one.

• AWS

• HxxxHxxx Member

Nice jokes. LUL

@reetwood said:
    AWS

• FuslFusl Member

I've been using a small Hetzner VPS for a very long time which, other than a 10 minute outage earlier this year, has a network-uptime of 100% and a stable hardware node as well:

root@fnalerts:~# uptime
    02:41:52 up 547 days, 22:30,  1 user,  load average: 0.81, 0.74, 0.53
  • ashkulzashkulz Member

@Hxxx said:
    Nice jokes. LUL

@reetwood said:
    AWS

Do not mention The Enemy, or you will get banned.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • FuslFusl Member

hzr said: Good peering/latency to AS64247, AS73

If you have a test IP you can always use mtr.sh to test the latency from each of our available looking glass locations.

• HxxxHxxx Member

AWS LUL...

@advarisk said:

@Hxxx said:
    Nice jokes. LUL

@reetwood said:
    AWS

Do not mention The Enemy, or you will get banned.

• hdpixelhdpixel Member

@hzr I use @RamNode for production projects. I have been with them for almost 2 years. I have not had any major downtime, and their support is excellent.

• I have about 10 dedi running with@Virmach. I want to confirm that they are all running very well. The only issue I often had to open the ticket to get IPMI working. I often could not login to IPMI with the credentials provided.

• graphicgraphic Member

nfoservers.com

100% uptime guaranteed.
    I had one in chicago, it was running more then a year without any downtimes.