Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SYS servers 2017: E5-1620v2 & E5-1650v2 - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SYS servers 2017: E5-1620v2 & E5-1650v2

Comments

• How can I release Windows installation from panel for SyS servers?

thanks!!!

• I got one, thanks:

Power_On_Hours - disk 1: 928 / disk 2: 1557

Disk Model: HGST HUS726020ALA610

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited May 2017

@Vova1234 said:
    The old servers from the main line are now on SYS:

Intel I7-6700K / 64GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz / SoftRaid 1x480GB SSD

https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/offers/173game3.xml

Could be a decent system if they'd have build it with 2 SSDs instead of one. I'm using several servers to host websites (from OVH, not SYS or KIMMY) and use their SSD-VPS for databases (2000 IOPs are totally fine). This is cheaper and rock solid. VPS and Dedicated are within an IPSec-VPN which adds a delay of ~ 0.2ms which is totally fine to me.

• racksxracksx Member
    edited May 2017

Hi,
    I believe they have an issue with the currency converter because on £ is the same price as in €, nice trick :)

• FredQcFredQc Member
    edited May 2017

I got one, thanks:

Low hours on those disks, lucky you. Which server did you got ?

Edit: looks like those hdds are Ultrastar 7K6000 with 128MB of cache ^_^ !!

• @FredQc said:

I got one, thanks:

Low hours on those disks, luck you. Which server did you got ?

The cheaper one:

E5v2-SAT-1-16 / E5-1620v2 / 4c / 8t /3.7 GHz+ / 16 GB / 2 x 2 TB SATA3 / Soft — €29.99 / 173sys10

thanks!

• FredQcFredQc Member

@mtsbatalha said:

@FredQc said:

I got one, thanks:

The cheaper one:

E5v2-SAT-1-16 / E5-1620v2 / 4c / 8t /3.7 GHz+ / 16 GB / 2 x 2 TB SATA3 / Soft — €29.99 / 173sys10

thanks!

That's even better :P

• @FredQc said:

@mtsbatalha said:

@FredQc said:

I got one, thanks:

The cheaper one:

thanks!

That's even better :P

How much hours do you got on yours?

• FredQcFredQc Member

mtsbatalha said: How much hours do you got on yours?

21739 hours

• @FredQc said:

21739 hours

wow! :O

• FredQcFredQc Member

@mtsbatalha said:

@FredQc said:

21739 hours

wow! :O

Only 29 Power cycles with no logged errors, thought.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@mtsbatalha said:

@DianTama said:
    did SYS got same ddos protection like OVH have ?

Yes man. SyS is a sister company.

Not exactly the same, I mean you not be able to block the ports or open as OVH has a option as firewall with up to 20 rules per IP address.

• This may be a dumb question, but can I load a Windows ISO into it and use my own license?
    How long do deliveries usually take?

• @OctavioMaia said:
    This may be a dumb question, but can I load a Windows ISO into it and use my own license?
    How long do deliveries usually take?

You can if you order the KVM IP option, or use a dd template for OVH servers

• A note about SoYouStart KVM IP, you may have to add the full address of the KVM to the Java security exceptions list as seen here

• msg7086msg7086 Member

@OctavioMaia said:
    This may be a dumb question, but can I load a Windows ISO into it and use my own license?

You also have the ESXi option.

• SYS has a monthly cost for IP's right (+ setup fee)?

• I'm South African, but its still trying to charge me EU VAT despite the fact that I specified South Africa during sign up...

• HaxHax Member
    edited May 2017

@jeromeza said:
    SYS has a monthly cost for IP's right (+ setup fee)?

No, just setup fee for 16 IPs.

@jeromeza said:
    I'm South African, but its still trying to charge me EU VAT despite the fact that I specified South Africa during sign up...

No, you'll need to ask them for VAT exemption.

• @msg7086 said:

@OctavioMaia said:

I'm interested in this. Could you please reference a guide or give me a quick explanation about it? Really appreciate it :)

• @Sixell said:

@jeromeza said:
    SYS has a monthly cost for IP's right (+ setup fee)?

No, just setup fee for 16 IPs.

@jeromeza said:
    I'm South African, but its still trying to charge me EU VAT despite the fact that I specified South Africa during sign up...

No, you'll need to ask them for VAT exemption.

Thanks. I've opened a ticket.

• msg7086msg7086 Member

@Issam2204 said:

@msg7086 said:

I'm interested in this. Could you please reference a guide or give me a quick explanation about it? Really appreciate it :)

Provision the server, install ESXi 6.5 on it.

SSH to it, upload whatever ISO you want to install, to /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/.

Connect to https://your-ip/ and login to the box, config however you like (change root password etc), and provision a VM, plug your ISO in it, and boot it up to install and use it.

Of course you may need a second IP for you VM, so $3 extra cost if you don't mind.

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • @msg7086 said:

@Issam2204 said:

@msg7086 said:

Provision the server, install ESXi 6.5 on it.

SSH to it, upload whatever ISO you want to install, to /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/.

Connect to https://your-ip/ and login to the box, config however you like (change root password etc), and provision a VM, plug your ISO in it, and boot it up to install and use it.

Of course you may need a second IP for you VM, so $3 extra cost if you don't mind.

How can I use all of disk space 2x2TB=4TB??

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited May 2017

@mtsbatalha said:

How can I use all of disk space 2x2TB=4TB??

Two options.

#1. Create one more datastore for 2nd drive, say datastore2.

Add one extra HDD on your VM and point the location to datastore2.

Config some RAID inside VM or just use plain disk by its own.

#2. Expand datastore1 to across multiple drives.

In datastore1 and choose increasing capacity, and all the way 'Next'.

Go back to your VM config, and expand your virtual HDD to use up all the space.

This is slightly dangerous in case you have a hard drive failure -- You won't be able to replace one drive without losing data on the other drive.

Of course you can also create a new VM that uses the 2nd datastore.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • Account not verified, so I can't order - yet i've never been asked for verification... Opened a ticket to query this + VAT removal as i'm not based in the EU. I'm assuming this will have Kimsufi type response times of several days...?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

@jeromeza said:
    Account not verified, so I can't order - yet i've never been asked for verification... Opened a ticket to query this + VAT removal as i'm not based in the EU. I'm assuming this will have Kimsufi type response times of several days...?

On average, the answer is 1-2 weeks.

• @Vova1234 said:

@jeromeza said:
    Account not verified, so I can't order - yet i've never been asked for verification... Opened a ticket to query this + VAT removal as i'm not based in the EU. I'm assuming this will have Kimsufi type response times of several days...?

Damn that's long.

On a side note what ID is needed for verification, perhaps I can speed it up by sending it now?

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider

@jeromeza said:

@Vova1234 said:

@jeromeza said:

Damn that's long.

On a side note what ID is needed for verification, perhaps I can speed it up by sending it now?

No, it will not be faster. On the average for so long. This is Kimsufi.

• Day after I got my server and I wasn't verified. Just escalate it from OVH support on Twitter.

• @Issam2204 said:
    Day after I got my server and I wasn't verified. Just escalate it from OVH support on Twitter.

That's not a bad response time! I've tweeted SYS and OVH support. Hopefully I can validate fairly quickly.