Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMHaus Review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMHaus Review

2»

Comments

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited May 2017

@Nuntius said:

@vmhaus said:

@Nuntius said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @Nuntis

I've been speaking with VMHaus and well there is a lot more he is hasn't currently put public. He takes daily backups and in the event the host node goes offline he will boot your node on another node in that location if possible or boot it in another location until the current node is back online. It's actually a really good idea and allows for less drama threads here and he is really trying anyway yes it's another OVH but it has more support.

And you really believe this will ever happening? Sorry but a company that hide its real company - I would not trust my data to them. Also they use Virtualizor and the backup system of them sucks a lot. So even if he takes daily backups (that will brake the node very soon because of the high Ressource usage) I would not trust that the restore will work. So yes maybe I am wrong but this all smells fishy to me.

The backups are stored in a separate NFS storages, not on the node itself :)

Here's some logs for a machine that was restored yesterday

> > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] Creating the backup folders
    > > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] Local Backup Folders :
    > > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] 20170425
    > > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] Folders to Delete :
    > > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] [VID:116] Creating backup of VPS [Disk Size: 15GB]
    > > [Sun Apr 30 12:29:34 2017] [VID:116] VPS Backup Completed in: 2.7 minutes
    > > [Sun Apr 30 12:29:34 2017] Backup process successfully completed in: 2.7 minutes
    > > [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] Storage for Restore : 11
    > > [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] Starting restore process [VID:116]
    > > [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] VPS restore type is LOCAL
    > > [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] Restoring VPS [VID:116]
    > > [Sun Apr 30 13:39:57 2017] Completed in: 1.1 minutes
    > > [Sun Apr 30 13:39:57 2017] Cleaning up a bit
    > > [Sun Apr 30 13:39:57 2017] Restore process completed in: 1.1 minutes
    > > 

Yes try this with a few hundred VMs I know Virtualizor since years and even on large scales with more than 1000 VMs so backups will a nightmare.

But well still why you hide your company on your page? Not a good way to build any trust.

Well, the page templates have been updated to reflect the current company registration details. We will change it back to VMHaus Pvt. Ltd. once the registration is complete :)

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@vmhaus said:

@Nuntius said:

@vmhaus said:

@Nuntius said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @Nuntis

I've been speaking with VMHaus and well there is a lot more he is hasn't currently put public. He takes daily backups and in the event the host node goes offline he will boot your node on another node in that location if possible or boot it in another location until the current node is back online. It's actually a really good idea and allows for less drama threads here and he is really trying anyway yes it's another OVH but it has more support.

And you really believe this will ever happening? Sorry but a company that hide its real company - I would not trust my data to them. Also they use Virtualizor and the backup system of them sucks a lot. So even if he takes daily backups (that will brake the node very soon because of the high Ressource usage) I would not trust that the restore will work. So yes maybe I am wrong but this all smells fishy to me.

The backups are stored in a separate NFS storages, not on the node itself :)

Here's some logs for a machine that was restored yesterday

> > > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] Creating the backup folders
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] Local Backup Folders :
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] 20170425
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] Folders to Delete :
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] [VID:116] Creating backup of VPS [Disk Size: 15GB]
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 12:29:34 2017] [VID:116] VPS Backup Completed in: 2.7 minutes
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 12:29:34 2017] Backup process successfully completed in: 2.7 minutes
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] Storage for Restore : 11
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] Starting restore process [VID:116]
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] VPS restore type is LOCAL
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] Restoring VPS [VID:116]
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 13:39:57 2017] Completed in: 1.1 minutes
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 13:39:57 2017] Cleaning up a bit
    > > > [Sun Apr 30 13:39:57 2017] Restore process completed in: 1.1 minutes
    > > > 

Yes try this with a few hundred VMs I know Virtualizor since years and even on large scales with more than 1000 VMs so backups will a nightmare.

But well still why you hide your company on your page? Not a good way to build any trust.

Well, the page templates have been updated to reflect the current company registration details. We will change it back to VMHaus Pvt. Ltd. once the registration is complete :)

There will be never a Pvt. Ltd. as it's not allowed to use this extension in Malaysia.

edited May 2017

Dont you get it? Its just a translation from the Malaysian Sdn. Bhd,

Well, whatever it is that your advocating for time will tell.

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@vmhaus said:

You don't get it! It's not a translation also you never translate the legal company extension. You have to name it Sdn. Bhd. nothing else. Also if not you using a contract that never been legal. As the company not exist. Shame that people like you destroy the name of Malaysia.

edited May 2017

@Nuntius said:

@vmhaus said:

You don't get it! It's not a translation also you never translate the legal company extension. You have to name it Sdn. Bhd. nothing else. Also if not you using a contract that never been legal. As the company not exist. Shame that people like you destroy the name of Malaysia.

Thanks for your time & feedback :)

• BopieBopie Member

@Nuntius If you have such salty feeling towards vmhaus why not just not use them and walk away, picking arguments on a forum of basically 30% ovh resellers won't help your case here, In fact, Piohost started out as such a reseller and now we own our own hardware ... You sound like someone who literally is just trying to trash a company for the hell of it.

@vmhaus You handled this situation very well :)

Thanked by 3vmhaus Plioser ucxo
    edited May 2017

@Bopie said:
    @Nuntius If you have such salty feeling towards vmhaus why not just not use them and walk away, picking arguments on a forum of basically 30% ovh resellers won't help your case here, In fact, Piohost started out as such a reseller and now we own our own hardware ... You sound like someone who literally is just trying to trash a company for the hell of it.

@vmhaus You handled this situation very well :)

Wow! Thanks for the encouragement! Internet would be much a better place with peeps like you ;)

As hosts, i believe we'll need to handle situations calmly and learn that you cant please everyone the hard way.

• BopieBopie Member

@vmhaus

Look the truth is that yes a lot of people do think that they can start out with ovh servers and build a business and unfortunately it has bad reputation because of how many businesses pop up and then fail in a month and run off with your money, This is the hosting business right now, The companies that make it are the ones that offer good support, Reasonable pricing and the main thing in all of it, Those that last over a year or two, after a year or two more people will trust that the business will not fail.

Im one of those people that likes to teach and pass on my knowledge even to where there are a few people on here that I have helped/taught how to set up specific thing to get there hosting company of the ground.

My advice is to stay as calm as you have, be as professional as you have and make sure your services are up longer than 12 months, you may get sales in this time however i guarantee once people see you have been in business a while they will be a lot more inclined to buy from you

Thanked by 2vmhaus ucxo
  • NuntiusNuntius Member

@Bopie said:
    @vmhaus

Look the truth is that yes a lot of people do think that they can start out with ovh servers and build a business and unfortunately it has bad reputation because of how many businesses pop up and then fail in a month and run off with your money, This is the hosting business right now, The companies that make it are the ones that offer good support, Reasonable pricing and the main thing in all of it, Those that last over a year or two, after a year or two more people will trust that the business will not fail.

Im one of those people that likes to teach and pass on my knowledge even to where there are a few people on here that I have helped/taught how to set up specific thing to get there hosting company of the ground.

My advice is to stay as calm as you have, be as professional as you have and make sure your services are up longer than 12 months, you may get sales in this time however i guarantee once people see you have been in business a while they will be a lot more inclined to buy from you

Well if it was only the OVH thing than it would be fine. But publishing a fake non existing company on the page and selling services under this name is a no go. If you think this is ok than I wonder why?

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited May 2017

@Nuntius Is there a particular reason that you spend 1/3 of your 4 months existing in LET posts, trying to make @vmhaus look shady?
    You started bash him about chosing to sell vps using OVH servers (something a lot of providers do), using an external vps service to host client and billing area (again, something a lot of providers do) and now, because he uses the english translation of "Sdn. Bhd" (probably because non of the wordwide users now what Sdn. Bhd means), as you are working in Malaysian IRS...
    He doesn't look shady, you look with your trying to bash him... And... WTF? People like him destroy the look of Malaysia? The opposite. He handled your attack with proffesionalism while you act like a pissed hosting provider.
    What are you? A competitor?

@vmhaus Well handled. But stop answer to him, he is either a troll or a shady competitor hidden in a nickname's anonymity.

• Actually yeah fairs to @vmhaus for responding well. It's usually rare we see professionalism from a new host to critism yeah ggwp

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • teamaccteamacc Member

@Nuntius said:

@BlazeMuis said:
    Seems like someone is a bit salty this morning.

Not at all. But wonder why still people believe they have any chance in the VPS market with some rented servers from OVH...

Just like everyone and their mother offering AMD and INTEL cpus... Geez, create your own damn architecture. Why do people still believe they have any chance in the VPS market with some bought cpus from those two companies...

Thanked by 3BlazeMuis imok vmhaus
  • YuraYura Member

Salty or not but there is a grain of interesting fact in it. How mods gave him Provider tag if his company isn't registered yet?! Showing up some other company name doesn't make your VPS company in business for any amount of time. Zero. Nada.

• BopieBopie Member

@Yura said:
    Salty or not but there is a grain of interesting fact in it. How mods gave him Provider tag if his company isn't registered yet?! Showing up some other company name doesn't make your VPS company in business for any amount of time. Zero. Nada.

Actually it's not a requirement to be a registered company as far as I was aware.

edited May 2017

@Yura said:

Hello, Yura, well we did not mentioned anywhere that we have been in the VPS business for N number of Months/Years. In fact, we are new in this industry and we would like to provide something different with more value added services into our vps plans.

One of the requirement for a Provider tag is to provide Public Whois Information OR provide proof of company registration.

Quoted from the Forum Rules, we fully adhere to it:

Providers need to display valid Public WHOIS information on their domain OR provide proof of company registration (publicly accessible on the website of your country's commerce authority).

Thanks!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

vmhaus said: In fact, we are new in this industry and we would like to provide something different with more value added services into our vps plans.

Hello chum, what is the 'something different' and what are the 'value added services' you offer to differentiate yourself?

edited May 2017

@Nekki here are some of our features as an OVH DC reseller

• Automated Daily backups to a dedicated NFS Storage (we welcome our customers to test us for audit)
    • Client Panel self Live Backup, currently testing and will be released in end-May
    • Own vRack in OVH, our IPs floats and is usable across all our nodes within OVH DC, not tied to a single server
    • Private IP networking, we could do this even cross country DC, CA <> FR using private IPs as all servers are connected to same Vlan using vrack technology
    • High Performance NVMe Disks for high IO requirements

All this with no additional charges, and we always look into areas to improve :)

Thanks!

Thanked by 1Plioser
  • YuraYura Member
    edited May 2017

@Bopie said:
    Actually it's not a requirement to be a registered company as far as I was aware.

My bad. Rules say must have open whois OR registered company. The provider in question has open whois with... (wait for it!) unrelated company info filled in.

I think this is a loophole. Anyone can put some existing company information and say they actually sign contracts and offer support from entirely another legal entity. Which is not even registered yet...

@wmhaus, I think contract law doesn't​ work the way you think it works.

Thanked by 1Bopie
  • BopieBopie Member

@Yura said:

@Bopie said:

My bad. Rules say must have open whois OR registered company. The provider in question has open whois with... (wait for it!) unrelated company info filled in.

I think this is a loophole. Anyone can put some existing company information and say they actually sign contracts and offer support from entirely another legal entity. Which is not even registered yet...

I di completely agree however I think its just the way that nuntius is just attacking only the op, makes me think someone is mad at them for something, im not one to go digging unless I need to so I didnt even look at company mane and details etc.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@nuntius Why are you mad at @vmhaus? Do you have a sister? Did @vmhaus do something with your sister?

Thanked by 2Bopie chocolateshirt
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR

It's nice to see an OVH reseller utilising the vRack for once :)

Thanked by 3vmhaus AuroraZ Rhys
  • quickquick Member

@vmhaus said:
    @Nekki here are some of our features as an OVH DC reseller

• Own vRack in OVH, our IPs floats and is usable across all our nodes within OVH DC, not tied to a single server

wow, very DC, such vRack, so OVH, much unique

• YuraYura Member

Guys, stop bashing company which doesn't even exist! We all look so silly now...

• PerttiPertti Member

I was also one of testers. Overall feeling is very positive.

Control panel works nicely and offers more templates than order-page. Debian 8.7 was pretty fresh image, nice!

1G/2core VPS was super snappy. Single CPU performance is one of the fastest ever tried. DD writes around 600MB/s as OP stated and ioping gives 2.2-2.4k iops.

Geekbench https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/2670638

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited May 2017

@BG32 banned?

• @Nekki said:
    @BG32 banned?

DDoS threats on an alternative thread. I took it as a joke regardless unacceptable.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@GenjiSwitchPls said:

@Nekki said:
    @BG32 banned?

DDoS threats on an alternative thread. I took it as a joke regardless unacceptable.

Silly billy.

Thanked by 1GenjiSwitchPls