Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VMHaus Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VMHaus Review

BG32BG32 Member
edited May 2017 in Reviews

Around a week ago i saw a post from VMHaus looking for testers on their NVMe vps's so i applied and did a few tests (see below) Its on the OVH network so pretty predictable but the I/O speeds were very very fast. The vps setup was fast and the panel clean and had everything you should need The plans seem very decently priced https://manager.vmhaus.com/cart.php?gid=1 It does say 4.2GHz Xeons cores however i got 3.80GHz, maybe meaning boost?!

Benchmark started on Wed Apr 26 21:41:39 EDT 2017
Full benchmark log: /root/bench.log

System Info
Processor       : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz
CPU Cores       : 2
Frequency       : 3791.996 MHz
Memory          : 2000 MB
Swap            :  MB
Uptime          : 10:53,

OS              : Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Arch            : x86_64 (64 Bit)
Kernel          : 4.4.0-21-generic
Hostname        : Testname.server.com

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
Your public IPv4 is 

Location                Provider        Speed
CDN                     Cachefly        107MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US         Coloat          29.1MB/s
Dallas, TX, US          Softlayer       34.8MB/s
Seattle, WA, US         Softlayer       13.8MB/s
San Jose, CA, US        Softlayer       22.5MB/s
Washington, DC, US      Softlayer       8.31MB/s

Tokyo, Japan            Linode          13.0MB/s
Singapore               Softlayer       5.87MB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net         8.33MB/s
Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb        2.80MB/s

Disk Speed
I/O (1st run)   : 597 MB/s
I/O (2nd run)   : 591 MB/s
I/O (3rd run)   : 597 MB/s
Average I/O     : 595 MB/s

Second:https://pastebin.com/MKYHR0MH
Third: https://pastebin.com/Ggj4Yq57

Thanked by 3AuroraZ vmhaus pbgben

Comments

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@BG32 , Thanks for the review!

Just an additional note for those who like to try our services!

10% Recurring Promo Code for MAY 2017
    LETMAY2017

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@vmhaus You host your own page on Linode? No trust in your own infrastructure?

• @Nuntius said:

It is always better to host your client area off-site.

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@BlazeMuis said:

@Nuntius said:

On a third party virtual server? Would never do it when running own infrastructure.

@Nuntius said:

Hi Nuntius, not that i do not trust my own infrastructure, but its always best to host the Client Area off site. Incase of anything goes wrong with the DC, at least the website and Client Area are still accesible. :)

Thanked by 1ehab
  • NuntiusNuntius Member

@vmhaus said:

@Nuntius said:

Hi Nuntius, not that i do not trust my own infrastructure, but its always best to host the Client Area off site. Incase of anything goes wrong with the DC, at least the website and Client Area are still accesible. :)

Just see you are another OVH reseller ... so it doesn't wonder me at all.

@Nuntius said:

@BlazeMuis said:

@Nuntius said:

On a third party virtual server? Would never do it when running own infrastructure.

Lol. Why not? Even our VPS Control Panel is not hosted on our own nodes. If your infrastructure goes down, all hell breaks loose and clients could not even reach you. Better prepare for the worst even it might not happen.

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@vmhaus said:

@Nuntius said:

@BlazeMuis said:

@Nuntius said:

Lol. Why not? Even our VPS Control Panel is not hosted on our own nodes. If your infrastructure goes down, all hell breaks loose and clients could not even reach you. Better prepare for the worst even it might not happen.

The sad thing is you don't have any infrastructure. Only renting some servers doesn't make a new host in my eyes. But anyway good luck with the 1000000000 OVH reseller.

edited May 2017

@Nuntius said:

@vmhaus said:

@Nuntius said:

@BlazeMuis said:

@Nuntius said:

The sad thing is you don't have any infrastructure. Only renting some servers doesn't make a new host in my eyes. But anyway good luck with the 1000000000 OVH reseller.

Lol, Thank You ;) Everything has to start somewhere :)

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • Seems like someone is a bit salty this morning.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • askveaskve Member

@vmhaus company info?

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@BlazeMuis said:
    Seems like someone is a bit salty this morning.

Not at all. But wonder why still people believe they have any chance in the VPS market with some rented servers from OVH...

@Nuntius said:

@BlazeMuis said:
    Seems like someone is a bit salty this morning.

Not at all. But wonder why still people believe they have any chance in the VPS market with some rented servers from OVH...

You dont, but i do and plenty of other providers using OVH does :)
    Its the attitude and the features that we offer differentiate us.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • NuntiusNuntius Member

@askve said:
    @vmhaus company info?

Address seams to be in Malaysia but not sure where the company is registered.

@Nuntius said:

@askve said:
    @vmhaus company info?

In Malaysia :)

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@vmhaus said:

@Nuntius said:

@askve said:
    @vmhaus company info?

What's your company number?

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@vmhaus said:

@Nuntius said:

@askve said:
    @vmhaus company info?

At least with the name VMHaus Ltd. it's not registered in Malaysia.

edited May 2017

We are using an existing entity of our IT Support company :)
    1199274-X FUTURE OFFICE SYSTEM SDN. BHD.

• Wow fellow malaysian.

@budi1413 said:
    Wow fellow malaysian.

Hello budi!

• niknik Member, Host Rep

What's VMHaus Pvt Ltd. if you are using some other company?

edited May 2017

@nik said:
    What's VMHaus Pvt Ltd. if you are using some other company?

Registration for VMHaus Pvt Ltd is ongoing and documentations are being processed by the Company Secretaries of Malaysia.

• @Nuntis

I've been speaking with VMHaus and well there is a lot more he is hasn't currently put public. He takes daily backups and in the event the host node goes offline he will boot your node on another node in that location if possible or boot it in another location until the current node is back online. It's actually a really good idea and allows for less drama threads here and he is really trying anyway yes it's another OVH but it has more support.

• NuntiusNuntius Member

Pvt Ltd doesn't even exist in Malaysia Sdn Bhd would be correct. This all starts smelling a bit strange - at least.

edited May 2017

Well Sdn. Bhd. is equivalent to Pvt. Ltd.

Sendirian = Private

Berhad = Limited

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @Nuntis

I've been speaking with VMHaus and well there is a lot more he is hasn't currently put public. He takes daily backups and in the event the host node goes offline he will boot your node on another node in that location if possible or boot it in another location until the current node is back online. It's actually a really good idea and allows for less drama threads here and he is really trying anyway yes it's another OVH but it has more support.

And you really believe this will ever happening? Sorry but a company that hide its real company - I would not trust my data to them. Also they use Virtualizor and the backup system of them sucks a lot. So even if he takes daily backups (that will brake the node very soon because of the high Ressource usage) I would not trust that the restore will work. So yes maybe I am wrong but this all smells fishy to me.

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@vmhaus said:
    Well Sdn. Bhd. is equivalent to Pvt. Ltd.

Sendirian = Private

Berhad = Limited

Yes but it still doesn't exist and isn't allowed in Malaysia to use it. So why you use it?

edited May 2017

@Nuntius said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @Nuntis

And you really believe this will ever happening? Sorry but a company that hide its real company - I would not trust my data to them. Also they use Virtualizor and the backup system of them sucks a lot. So even if he takes daily backups (that will brake the node very soon because of the high Ressource usage) I would not trust that the restore will work. So yes maybe I am wrong but this all smells fishy to me.

The backups are stored in a separate NFS storages, not on the node itself :)

Here's some logs for a machine that was restored yesterday

[Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] Creating the backup folders
    [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] Local Backup Folders :
    [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] 20170425
    [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] Folders to Delete :
    [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] [VID:116] Creating backup of VPS [Disk Size: 15GB]
    [Sun Apr 30 12:29:34 2017] [VID:116] VPS Backup Completed in: 2.7 minutes
    [Sun Apr 30 12:29:34 2017] Backup process successfully completed in: 2.7 minutes
    [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] Storage for Restore : 11
    [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] Starting restore process [VID:116]
    [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] VPS restore type is LOCAL
    [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] Restoring VPS [VID:116]
    [Sun Apr 30 13:39:57 2017] Completed in: 1.1 minutes
    [Sun Apr 30 13:39:57 2017] Cleaning up a bit
    [Sun Apr 30 13:39:57 2017] Restore process completed in: 1.1 minutes

And not to forget LOCAL is a NFS Storage mounted to the Host node

• NuntiusNuntius Member

@vmhaus said:

@Nuntius said:

@GenjiSwitchPls said:
    @Nuntis

The backups are stored in a separate NFS storages, not on the node itself :)

Here's some logs for a machine that was restored yesterday

> [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] Creating the backup folders
    > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] Local Backup Folders :
    > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] 20170425
    > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] Folders to Delete :
    > [Sun Apr 30 12:26:52 2017] [VID:116] Creating backup of VPS [Disk Size: 15GB]
    > [Sun Apr 30 12:29:34 2017] [VID:116] VPS Backup Completed in: 2.7 minutes
    > [Sun Apr 30 12:29:34 2017] Backup process successfully completed in: 2.7 minutes
    > [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] Storage for Restore : 11
    > [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] Starting restore process [VID:116]
    > [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] VPS restore type is LOCAL
    > [Sun Apr 30 13:38:53 2017] Restoring VPS [VID:116]
    > [Sun Apr 30 13:39:57 2017] Completed in: 1.1 minutes
    > [Sun Apr 30 13:39:57 2017] Cleaning up a bit
    > [Sun Apr 30 13:39:57 2017] Restore process completed in: 1.1 minutes
    > 

Yes try this with a few hundred VMs I know Virtualizor since years and even on large scales with more than 1000 VMs so backups will a nightmare.

But well still why you hide your company on your page? Not a good way to build any trust.