Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review? - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cociu/HostSolutions.ro Review?

Comments

• pls go and stay go.

• mosan7763 said: pls go and stay go.

but he's obviously enjoying himself

• cociucociu Member

guys , this disperate is make publicity , at least is try but i think is faill .... eaven in the pics what hi post is came the webpage .... @dedicatserver_ro nobody will buy due of huge quality you offer , you scarred the posibles clients ..... Mosto of the like cociu "dc room " what you have call ...

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2017

dedicatserver_ro said: tell me the name of this 5 DC in Cluj and one DC in Constanta - to be clear, not one POP from RCS/RDS or Telecom , we talk about free DC in hosting business

The GTS POP, Adnet (did not know that, i only had colo in Buc with them, they bought someone i guess), Efect even has pictures on their website, aforementioned Simpliq, Webfactor... goes on.

Then Webnet is in Constanta, you should know that - like 10 companies sell out of it lol. Tcom/DTAG maintains a POP for cable landing, RDS. Romtelecom. UPC has a bunch of rooms also taken over.

Telecom even has a carrier neutral (used for IX stuff) even in your home town Galati...

My Romanian is total crap and even i can find a DC in Dragasani by directone as supplier/upstream...

You seem to only see things like NXData as datacenter (but for some reason also Voxility which in summer should feel more like hell than a DC at some of the power they do to certain racks), but the word means much less than that. UPS + AC + Fiber + Physical security = DC. RDS/Telecom and UPC overtaken stuff counts very well in my book, and many others here.

Look at Hetzner, you speak German like me anyway so should not be hard to google some pictures. Plain buildings with mostly even towers. One of the largest "datacenters" in EU and you would not count it as one....

dedicatserver_ro said: true, but I can only analyze info what is available to me - on each website is named only one company

There is no obligation in RO law to name any other, just a contact point and have one on the invoice, as far as i'm aware - what is your point? He could maintain 17 Hungarian KFTs fully legal to bill carriers and power, then just have sales in RO. That's a tax thing, not your problem.

Confused or issues with it, or seems strange? Then go to the MFP (as as the garda financiara does not exist anymore as you probably know) and report him for verification instead of complaining here about probably not even half correct data from a RO gov portal.... 98% of your country does not even have IDs with chip yet and BUC promised that for years to get up to EU standards. My friends need passports to fly inside EU... your gov is useless and that data probably not even correct.

dedicatserver_ro said: if you calculate 19% VAT from 22.500USD = 5000USD ( but are another taxes to the DVI, the terminal ...)

Read the link again, they are import tax free. RO is EU member and the VAT refunded just like on your local RO sales after a few months max. (i get mine back all 3 in HR).

Further you can also pay it on port of entrance to EU (and actually should) so with a Croatian DOO you pay near zero and then move (not export) the servers legally inside the EU to Romania. Other ways in NL possible, some also via Italy.

They don't need to change "owner" either. Using EU loopholes (which are not actually ones but intended to be used like this, just complicated written) seems to be not really your strength but you rather like (over)paying your gov it seems. That is fine of course, but i only give mine/the ones i need to pay the minimal amount i have to and guess he does the same.

There is nothing else to be paid for used server hardware in 99% of all cases (exceptions would be for example weird Iranian made switches and similar, if that even exists).

dedicatserver_ro said: i ask for one picture !!!! ( in RO are not many 500+500qm DC )

And he does not need to give you one, point? Why would he be required to? I can ask you for a dick pic and i would not get one either, what's your point again?

For all we, and you, know he sells servers in nice amounts (Invoice numbers, IPs used, traffic levels seen by upstreams) on a simple network setup (almost like plain L2) with upstreams keeping costs (routing) low.

I know UPC seems to hate him, which is usually a good indicator to be a large customer with good traffic and frequent support needs that they had to do the chores for (like nulls).... like my ex workplace was also.

dedicatserver_ro said: I did not study in RO

Considering 90% of RO internet scene with influence nowdádays are people from block network times and ex GOV ISP staff plus international telcos you as seemingly imported German living/operating not even in a German populated area seem.... far from much involved.

Out of curiosity based on your name, how is your Romanian ? Your "renglish" seems typical Romanian (like his, i love it, my friends usually speak German better than English - you likely also) but you don't live in Cluj/around so this is altogether weird to me.

dedicatserver_ro said: we can meet us in Bucharest ( if you intend to made hosting business in RO , Simpliq is not a good choice.Try in Cluj the new GTS.In Bucharest have you more options and better conectivity )

I have hosting in RO already and use simpliq since years with no issues, just like M247 (also under former operator), Voxility (also from cybercrime days) and many others.... GTS? Really? Why would anyone recommend/use overpriced, sometimes carrier neutral sometimes not, GTS?

dedicatserver_ro said: true , can you tell me how many insignificant company like me have 40Gbps sustained traffic ?

Nowadays? A lot. Nforce in NL will sell you 4x10G fully burstable w/ some Gig BW for few thousand EUR/month, with less than 50c Mbit prices at 95%. You remember Rapidshare purchasing 100G Cogent capacity being a big international deal? These kind of crap happens weekly now. Vox claims to have nearly a Tbit capacity in BUC which i can also if i have 10 waves back to Frankfurt or similar and in theory could run them at 100G each.... reality differs.

Now, let's see some target ASNs, you have this 40G exactly to where and what? 40G local in RO? Can do that shit over IX for less than 1k/mo and means nothing.

dedicatserver_ro said: when you wave 3 different providers ( Voxility, M247 and Ines ) tell me how can you use the Voxility filtering rules on the another two ? if you are under attack this come on all your connections.For transparency ( i only delete two company name in the picture ) , see down.

Oh god. This is like... the most idiotic read ever. You obviously add AS prepending to your other upstreams or if the attack is more near blackhole the IP on that session only/drop the announce/session and use only protected.

Sure, you can route and filter few Gbit on your fancy HW (which we can do fine on a HP server with few 10G NICs for 1/100th the price, or by a bunch of VPS and anycast virtual entirely and then VPN back) but if you get that sweet 500G hit you will drop to Voxility only - Give me a server, i join some IRCs and we'll see how your BGP looks a few hours later, if you want to test (This is legal if permitted.).

dedicatserver_ro said: how many small and middle hosting companies in RO have one like this?

An expensive HW appliance that makes no sense if you buy some servers, NICs and know BSD networking stack? The stupid ones i guess, so few? Wait, wasn't there one i knew..... hm.

dedicatserver_ro said: have you calculate the cost for your example ? i chose the cheapest

Yes. LAX->Rijeka by ship is dirt cheap via the Chinese, either more expensive (Panama canal) or longer but cheaper (sub).

Way cheaper than your useless Constanta route. Obviously this is FOB of a container, and for Rijeka -> RO i used a price to Bucharest by a local transport company in Zagreb. No tax inside EU.
    Customs costs negligible at least in Croatia, few hundred EUR for inspection.

This seems to be pretty accurate.... still no provider tag though:

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

@dedicatserver_ro also i own a shipp company in Madrid and one in Budapesta-Hungary, my name is Marius Borta , you can search in google and you will see. WTF you tell me about shippments ? i pay for 1 pallet up to 800kg from USA to Romania less than 500 eur , i pay my vat 19% to dua. So what is the problem ? still invidios ? like i tell you before , try to applay tag provider and start sale , you will see if the people will like your structure. Also had like month ago one wich was try exactly what you make here (Andreix from hetnix) and finnaly was banned not for me , for his comportament , we have some rules here , personaly i will not flag you .... so try to look in your garden and not in others. I have 3 years in this forum , i think the people is like what we make here so if you dislike a competition do not play in the future.

About my company statistics , yes is verry true the statistics but this not meen i cannot invoice with others .... like you, i have more than one also different country , i play with the vat (in the legal way) , all my clients know the vat is included in my offers so yes i can ...

Romanian govern is own me in vat 900 000 RON in this moment , so yes instead of ask for my money i prefere deducted this amount

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2017

cociu said: About my company statistics , yes is verry true the statistics but this not meen i cannot invoice with others .... like you i have more than one also different country , i play with the vat (in the legal way) , all my clients know the vat is included in my offers so yes i can ...

As i noted.... he just seems to like overpaying Buc money. I would not, but after all if that is his decision.... why stop him, someone needs to finance that fancy new street lights.

While you/i certainly are no Apple and pay near zero with an Irish/Lux deal we gamble the system nicely legal also, while he seems to like..... paying.

• bruzlibruzli Member, LIR

I can confirm Marius exists, at least one location exists with multiple racks, we've been there a few months ago, we buy occasionally hardware from him

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @bruzli said:
    I can confirm Marius exists, at least one location exists with multiple racks, we've been there a few months ago, we buy occasionally hardware from him

Give a proof of being a human being, please post fingerprint, DNA profiling and genealogical tree.

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@Ole_Juul said:
    Regarding raised floor data centers, from what I understand a raised floor is generally best for shared and changing situations. For a single owner situation the slab floor has some advantages. Apparently there is no clear winner regarding cooling and in fact the slab floor has some advantages in that regard. My point is that a raised floor is no measure of the level of a professional installation.

Indeed. When we built our DC I also chose to go slab plus top-feed. Also, there is a widespread problem, namely that marketing driven corps. love to build "temples" (nicely looking) while engineering driven corps prefer nicely working.

A generator is a generator, period. It can be ugly and unimpressive as hell as long as it meets the spec and does it's work. And as a manager I can put some more money e.g. in better core routers or I can put it in raised floor and nicely painted shit for photos.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited May 2017

@dedicatserver_ro said:

William said: .... nobody at Romtelecom seems to know you either, at least in their backbone IRC.... did you study in RO as well

• depends on who you are asking about me
    • I did not study in RO

In other words: You are a me-too, a nobody.

Don't get me wrong, that's OK; most are more or less unknown and have but a few contacts. But, just as I said, you are playing in another, lower league.

bsdguy said: You see, with firewalls the relevant point is not the combined capacity of the ports. It's what the firewall can process. Your fortinet model can process 40 Gb;

• true , can you tell me how many insignificant company like me have 40Gbps sustained traffic ?
    • even than , all our IPS/IDS ans DDOS scrubbing are "out of path" ( i suppose you know how is work )
    • how many small and middle hosting companies in RO have one like this?

@William said:
    An expensive HW appliance that makes no sense if you buy some servers, NICs and know BSD networking stack? The stupid ones i guess, so few? Wait, wasn't there one i knew..... hm.

Funny. First you try the "it does 80 Gb/s" stunt and now you try "with 40 Gb/s I'm no small player!" trick. Make up your mind.

Your fortinet is an old model and you almost certainly got it second (or third) hand. It doesn't do 40 Gb/s either as you don't have ideal traffic. And your response ("all our IPS/IDS and DDOS scrubbing") suggests that you even don't know it properly nor its functionality (or you actually believed what their marketing brochures blabbered).

Plus: You got me wrong. Unlike William (who actually has a point there) I actually commend you for getting a proper security device. One reason being that buying some server and throwing in some nics is easy but to make a proper IDS/IPS out of it isn't (and btw. x86 isn't the ideal architecture).
    What I criticize is your cluelessness and your dishonesty. As a professional I can easily see right away that you bought it basically for a professional feeling and some show but you don't understand it and almost certainly don't use it properly. In a way it comes down to you bragging and belittling others who actually do not have less security than you.

I personally wouldn't buy from you. Mainly for 2 reasons, a) you behave like (and probably are) a dick and b) I perceive you as incompetent.
    (c) you pick a fight with people like William or myself? You must be either dumb or very masochistic).

• sibapersibaper Member

random speed test

not storage offer

Speedtest (IPv4 only)
    ---------------------
    Your public IPv4 is 85.204.xxx

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    37.9MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      3.87MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   4.60MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   4.21MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   4.21MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   7.52MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      2.94MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   3.52MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     17.1MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    26.0MB/s 

Storage offer

Your public IPv4 is 188.213.xxx

Location        Provider    Speed
    CDN         Cachefly    54.5MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US     Coloat      2.06MB/s 
    Dallas, TX, US      Softlayer   6.02MB/s 
    Seattle, WA, US     Softlayer   5.57MB/s 
    San Jose, CA, US    Softlayer   5.20MB/s 
    Washington, DC, US  Softlayer   3.31MB/s 

Tokyo, Japan        Linode      3.29MB/s 
    Singapore       Softlayer   3.01MB/s 

Rotterdam, Netherlands  id3.net     5.97MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands    Leaseweb    36.3MB/s 

Thanked by 2uptime sipe
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited May 2017

bsdguy said: I actually commend you for getting a proper security device. One reason being that buying some server and throwing in some nics is easy but to make a proper IDS/IPS out of it isn't (and btw. x86 isn't the ideal architecture).

Right, it does also have the support contract/SLA advantage if that is your thing/a requirement, custom is just usually SO MUCH cheaper that it makes sense (new starts at what, 10k at least? And the cheap stuff like riorey is ultimately again x86 anyway...) - the x86 point is true, but not 100% as some things can be done directly on dual/quad port NICs avoiding even crossing PCIe.

I'd rather buy a nice switch for the saved money and let my upstream (in this case especially as they have Vox which is pretty good at it) filter most :)

In Romania i don't claim to be expert on upstreams/prices/network, especially as i don't speak the language very well but as my friend circle is around there.... weird points, i'm still confused at not knowing the largest (and still not only) DC in Constanta.... an imported German on the RO coast - It's almost like Trabia :)

• bsdguybsdguy Member

@William said:

bsdguy said: I actually commend you for getting a proper security device. One reason being that buying some server and throwing in some nics is easy but to make a proper IDS/IPS out of it isn't (and btw. x86 isn't the ideal architecture).

Right, it does also have the support contract/SLA advantage if that is your thing/a requirement, custom is just usually SO MUCH cheaper ...

Sure and there is even non x-86 COTS stuff. But, and that's a decisive but: There you save on money but you pay with know-how - which he obviously lacks. Hence for him going for a packaged solution was the right thing. For you using COTS would be the right thing but then, you do have the needed know-how.

• dosaidosai Member
    edited May 2017
  • fingonfingon Member
    edited May 2017

what happens?

[root@yunran ~]# df -lh

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/simfs 761G 530M 388G 1% /

none 512M 4.0K 512M 1% /dev

none 512M 0 512M 0% /dev/shm

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

AndreiGhesi said: The conversation from the last 2 pages describes the Romanian people in 1 word, envy.

You can't be a Romanian if you don't have envy on somebody else, because is to hard to ignore people and mind your f. business.

That's a pretty broad brush with which to paint 20 million people. Or I guess more if you think it's genetic, as there are Romanians living outside of Romania.

I'm sure like any other group of 20 million people, Romanians span a broad range of personality types. Saying they're all "envious" - and implying that this is their dominant trait - is absurd. That's like saying all Japanese kids are good at math or everyone Irish is a drunk.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@raindog308 said:
    That's like saying all Japanese kids are good at math or everyone Irish is a drunk.

It's all the Chinese kids that are good at math, the Japanese kids are all good at tentacles, giant robots and making blood spurt from their noses whenever they suddenly meet someone attractive.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: the Japanese kids are all good at tentacles

• @dedicatserver_ro If there's still no one to hear about your business, try to kill your neighbors who succeed in this niche. Or be envious simply because others can.
    Pe scurt, mi-e scarba de tine.

@Cociu,@HostSolutions.ro is awesome person/provider.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

@dedicatserver_ro to be more invidios ... i will leave you with part of what we have recived today so you can cry ....

http://imgur.com/a/E0x1d

ah ... sorry ... is a trademark picture yes ... so do not copy and share please ...

Thanked by 1sipe
  • @cociu said:
    @dedicatserver_ro to be more invidios ... i will leave you with part of what we have recived today so you can cry ....

ah ... sorry ... is a trademark picture yes ... so do not copy and share please ...

What's that?

New nodes? hum...

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Damn, I miss the time working in a datacenter :(

Thanked by 1postcd
  • cociucociu Member

DigitalJosee said: What's that?

New nodes? hum...

nope , i have put more stock in our special dedi offer and i have buy 5 pallets more of this kind of servers ... and just arrived.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @cociu said:

DigitalJosee said: What's that?

New nodes? hum...

nope , i have put more stock in our special dedi offer and i have buy 5 pallets more of this kind of servers ... and just arrived.

If you could, please tell me, how much do you pay on each of these?

iirc, it's a dual Xeon L5430 (?), 10Tb and 256GB RAM, right?

• cociucociu Member

DigitalJosee said: If you could, please tell me, how much do you pay on each of these?

sorry is confidential , but i can tell you is verry cheap because i buy from USA so is more chep comparatly with Eu , also huge disscout due of quantity.

• rocketrocket Member

@cociu said:

DigitalJosee said: If you could, please tell me, how much do you pay on each of these?

sorry is confidential , but i can tell you is verry cheap because i buy from USA so is more chep comparatly with Eu , also huge disscout due of quantity.

Can we get a pic of some in the racks? :P

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

rocket said: Can we get a pic of some in the racks? :P

300 eur/pic for every rack you want . i am opened.

now .. in serios , we will prepare some videos/pics from the begining (with the first rack/server what i put in the network 7 years ago) , how we have grow , what we have been , where we are now , etc etc. but need to be patcient until fin of this year.

• rocketrocket Member

@cociu said:

rocket said: Can we get a pic of some in the racks? :P

300 eur/pic for every rack you want . i am opened.

now .. in serios , we will prepare some videos/pics from the begining (with the first rack/server what i put in the network 7 years ago) , how we have grow , what we have been , where we are now , etc etc. but need to be patcient until fin of this year.

Sounds pretty cool, looking forward to it :)

• teamaccteamacc Member

@cociu said:

I'll just copy and host it on a hostsolutions.ro box. Those guys dont care about DMCA :P

• cociucociu Member
    edited May 2017

teamacc said: I'll just copy and host it on a hostsolutions.ro box. Those guys dont care about DMCA :P

hehehe, good one.