Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Singapore VPS Offer ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any Singapore VPS Offer ?

I have tried 2 providers featured in lowendbox.com, but both of them is very slow in term of hosting my website.

my website is
https://bimasoft.web.id and
https://ubk.bimasoft.web.id

it is just a simple wordpress website, even the default template took a couple of seconds to load.

So, it means the problem is either both of the provider has slow connection (which is unlikely) or my internet connection is very slow if connecting to USA Provider.

So, I guess I will try some Singapore VPS. I need to host a few Wordpress websites, so I guess, 256MB or 512MB will suffice.

Sorry for the bad english.

Comments

• sonicsonic Veteran

Have you tried Iniz? I have a small box at their SG node and everything seems fine :)

• yorkyork Member
    edited April 2017

You can try singapore softlayer which might offer you a good network in asia-pacific.
    https://hostus.us/singapore-datacenter.html

Personally I recommend you to try DGCHOST.NET.I have a good experience there so far.Not to mention the good network(pccw&singtel).

• Thanks for the suggestion guys. but I need something cheaper. My Budget is around $20 / year.

• About that, the Singapore node, cost more than $20. $53.95 to be exact. Way more than my budget. They have $24 VPS, but unfortunately it is located on Atlanta.

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Maybe you should look for singapore reseller hosting instead?

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

@yokowasis,

How do you feel about HK based hosting? Should be fairly speedy to SG as there is good connectivity between the 2 cities!

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited April 2017

@ExpertVM said:
    Maybe you should look for singapore reseller hosting instead?

Since I am only hosting my own websites, shared hosting and reseller hosting doesn't really have a difference. I need vps so I can setup my own rule.

@randvegeta said:
    @yokowasis,

How do you feel about HK based hosting? Should be fairly speedy to SG as there is good connectivity between the 2 cities!

Well, it is worth to try. Do you have something in mind ?

@Yokowasis, well I was just thinking in general. Your budget of $20 /yr is hard to meet, particularly given Asia is generally more expensive, where even IPs can cost more than that.

We do HK based hosting, but our standard offers start at $20 /month, not per year. But that's with 1GB memory, and you have already mentioned you may only need 256MB.

If we assume you only need something fairly minimal, like 256MB RAM and 10GB disk space, then I suppose some providers could do that for $30-$40 /yr. $20 is kind of hard for any location, and you generally need to double that budget for Asia.

• Yeah, I know it is kinda hard. That's why I am posting on LET.

• Maybe you can try NAT VPS? And setup using Cloudflare IPv6 proxy

• Do you really SG Vps? If not, try Indonesian Provider. For shared hosting/vps, I use Jagoanhosting or BeOn, they're so fast.

But if you do need a vps in SG, try to use Vultr or DO

• yokowasis said: About that, the Singapore node, cost more than $20. $53.95 to be exact. Way more than my budget. They have $24 VPS, but unfortunately it is located on Atlanta.

The correct link https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=183 will get you 256MB for $25/yr
    You can try vultr 512MB for $2.5/mo

Realistically it's not easy to find better pricing than that in Singapore. If you don't really need the latency (wordpress sites usually don't), you get far more and better options looking into US West

Thanked by 1york
  • edited April 2017

Hi wasis,

I think the best offer will be vultr.com, the product is vultr cloud compute (VC2) with 20 GB SSD, 512 memory and 500 GB traffic for $2.5 per month.

You can choose Singapore location. It is the nearest location from Indonesia.

If you would like North America server, I would like reffering you to cheap KVM VPS only $15 per year with specification better than vultr

• note that vultr $2,5 is "temporarily sold out"

• mgilang said:
    note that vultr $2,5 is "temporarily sold out"

Their Japan storage is also "temporarily sold out" and is "expected to restock soon(TM)" for some time.

• GigsGigsGigsGigs Member, Host Rep

Can try our KVM , we have in both SG and HK.

• @GigsGigs said:

Just a reminder, there's a strange feature on your VPS page

Superb Asia Transit

KVM is a virtualization infrastructure that allow Cloudlet to install Linux, WIndows or other Operating System. It makes the Cloudlet work similar like physical dedicated server.

• MelitaMelita Member, Host Rep

@yokowasis,

You might want to try our offer in https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/112350/leb-let-exclusive-deals-kvm-openvz-ssd-in-asia-singapore-direct-china-antiddos-available

• Indonesian Bank Transfer as payment options is available
    • Our support staff also able to speak Indonesian and you might be able to contact us via social chat platform :)
  • JonesJones Member

@randvegeta

If we assume you only need something fairly minimal, like 256MB RAM and 10GB disk space, then I suppose some providers could do that for $30-$40 /yr. $20 is kind of hard for any location, and you generally need to double that budget for Asia.

Any test IP ?

Jones said: Any test IP ?

Send me a PM.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Our Public Cloud is available in Singapore.

To test connectivity please have a look on our looking glass available there : http://lg.sg.ikoula.com/

• Not the OP but I was in a similar predicament:

@GigsGigs said:

Any speed test files available? I've tried contacting you guys by email some time ago but didn't get a reply.

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Do you really SG Vps? If not, try Indonesian Provider. For shared hosting/vps, I use Jagoanhosting or BeOn, they're so fast.

These guys also don't seem to provide any sort of speed test files. Have you seen any floating around?

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited April 2017

@NanoG6 said:
    Maybe you can try NAT VPS? And setup using Cloudflare IPv6 proxy

Yeah sure, i don't mind NAT VPS. As far as I know, in terms of hosting websites, it has no difference than a normal vps.

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Do you really SG Vps? If not, try Indonesian Provider. For shared hosting/vps, I use Jagoanhosting or BeOn, they're so fast.

But if you do need a vps in SG, try to use Vultr or DO

Not really, basically I want a VPS that is fast if being accessed from Indonesia. SG VPS comes first in my mind. The thing with Indonesian VPS, is they are so expensive.

@wwabbit said:

yokowasis said: About that, the Singapore node, cost more than $20. $53.95 to be exact. Way more than my budget. They have $24 VPS, but unfortunately it is located on Atlanta.

The correct link https://my.hostus.us/cart.php?a=add&pid=183 will get you 256MB for $25/yr
    You can try vultr 512MB for $2.5/mo

Realistically it's not easy to find better pricing than that in Singapore. If you don't really need the latency (wordpress sites usually don't), you get far more and better options looking into US West

Thanks for the link. I just want my websites load faster when visited from Indonesia (Asia). Right now, it has a few seconds delay, before the website starting the loading process.

@chocolateshirt said:
    Hi wasis,

I think the best offer will be vultr.com, the product is vultr cloud compute (VC2) with 20 GB SSD, 512 memory and 500 GB traffic for $2.5 per month.

You can choose Singapore location. It is the nearest location from Indonesia.

If you would like North America server, I would like reffering you to cheap KVM VPS only $15 per year with specification better than vultr

Thanks, I will check vultr.com

• yokowasis said: Not really, basically I want a VPS that is fast if being accessed from Indonesia. SG VPS comes first in my mind. The thing with Indonesian VPS, is they are so expensive.

Not that expensive, It's your budget that limited your choice, if you can upper your budget to $5 you can choose jagoanhosting vps.

• GigsGigsGigsGigs Member, Host Rep

@layfon said:

@GigsGigs said:

Just a reminder, there's a strange feature on your VPS page

Superb Asia Transit

KVM is a virtualization infrastructure that allow Cloudlet to install Linux, WIndows or other Operating System. It makes the Cloudlet work similar like physical dedicated server.

Thanks for informing . Will ask web develper to check on it

• @sibaper said:

yokowasis said: Not really, basically I want a VPS that is fast if being accessed from Indonesia. SG VPS comes first in my mind. The thing with Indonesian VPS, is they are so expensive.

Not that expensive, It's your budget that limited your choice, if you can upper your budget to $5 you can choose jagoanhosting vps.

Their cheapest plan about $50 / year. Way above my price range.

• Hm.. Jagoanhosting is about Rp. 57.000/month. Ram 512, 20gb disk, unmetered bandwidth, superb support

• bapbap Member

@ErawanArifNugroho said:
    Hm.. Jagoanhosting is about Rp. 57.000/month. Ram 512, 20gb disk, unmetered bandwidth, superb support

I think cloudkilat offer better service than Jaghost. Jaghost is really strict for daily usage, even they will ban you for using 25% cpu in 90s or running cron every 15 minutes. But I cant agree more with Jaghost price :)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • @bap oh really? I didn't know that. Thanks :)

As for cloudkilat, I only use them for shared hosting, same as jagoanhosting, my main usage is just for shared hosting.

Hm.. Maybe for another option would be vps from winnervps. They don't suspend, but rather put a limit, and the send an email