Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sell or keep? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sell or keep?

2»

Comments

• But it also sounds noisy because of the fast-moving air required. Is it?

• @willie said:
    But it also sounds noisy because of the fast-moving air required. Is it?

Oh yeah it can be loud as hell lol, but you got the air movement. THE AIR MOVEMENT!!!

• Just stick a leafblower in the server, problem solved.

Thanked by 3WSS willie telephone
  • @willie said:

doghouch said: True, but I've been considering just sticking a small mains fan; would be cheaper and pump a hell ton of air

You need the air moving inside the enclosure though.

What if I leave the case open? Lol

• doghouch said:

Good luck putting it in a rack with the case open and the external fan blowing over it. :)

• @willie said:

doghouch said:

Good luck putting it in a rack with the case open and the external fan blowing over it. :)

Not a racked server. I just have a Core2, running on a bunch of SATA extenders and 2 raid cards. :)

Even if it was a racked server, I'd just buy a duct from the hardware store, and connect the fan to it. (Jkjk)

• @doghouch said:

@willie said:

doghouch said:

Not a racked server. I just have a Core2, running on a bunch of SATA extenders and 2 raid cards. :)

Even if it was a racked server, I'd just buy a duct from the hardware store, and connect the fan to it. (Jkjk)

See told you steam punk/Frankensteinie goodness. Wundabar!!!!!!!! Get the forge fan and hook it up and cool the room as well. Uh huh see all good, all good.

• @AuroraZ said:

@doghouch said:

@willie said:

doghouch said:

See told you steam punk/Frankensteinie goodness. Wundabar!!!!!!!! Get the forge fan and hook it up and cool the room as well. Uh huh see all good, all good.

You mean circulate WARM air. I don't want a 1kW heater

• WSSWSS Member

@willie said:
    I haven't felt much need for anything like that. I just don't have much local live storage any more. It's all on servers.

Pretty much the same here. I own a 1TB 2.5" spinner, but I spend most of my time on either a 32GB or a 60GB SSD (rarely a 120). Giving up stuff I don't need/use in exchange for speed on these aging systems isn't all that difficult.

• I see this got way off topic lol. Right now i have an offer of $40, any one want to go higher?

• WSSWSS Member

Is that shipped CONUS?

• @WSS said:
    Is that shipped CONUS?

no, thats keeping in the datacenter.

• WSSWSS Member

Oh.