Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner database server down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner database server down?

OldkyOldky Member

Hello

You Hetzner users, do you have database problems on your vps ?

Comments

• Everything is fine there

• OldkyOldky Member

My database server is down now in 5 hours. I wrote to support , no answer yet

• edited April 2017

No problems with the server, have you tried to contact them over phone??

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Oldky said: do you have database problems on your vps

Are you saying YOUR database server on YOUR VPS is down, or a service that they provide is down?

• OldkyOldky Member

@jarland said:

Oldky said: do you have database problems on your vps

Are you saying YOUR database server on YOUR VPS is down, or a service that they provide is down?

MY database server on MY VPS

Oldky said: MY database server on MY VPS

Gotcha. Have you tried fixing it or are their VPS fully managed?

• OldkyOldky Member

@jarland said:

Oldky said: MY database server on MY VPS

Gotcha. Have you tried fixing it or are their VPS fully managed?

I tried everything, from repair database in plesk and on ssh

• TomTom Member

I'm pretty sure (don't count me on this, but got a vServer myself) that they're fully unmanaged - meaning they won't help you (?) and it's up to you to fix it.

Oldky said: I tried everything, from repair database in plesk and on ssh

MySQL should be logging by default on Plesk. Location/name may depend on distro used, but look for something in /var/log. For me it's /var/log/mysqld.log.

Look for an error toward the end of the log. What do you see? If no error, are you sure MySQL isn't running? Run "ps faux | grep mysql" to check.

• OldkyOldky Member

@jarland said:

Oldky said: I tried everything, from repair database in plesk and on ssh

MySQL should be logging by default on Plesk. Location/name may depend on distro used, but look for something in /var/log. For me it's /var/log/mysqld.log.

Look for an error toward the end of the log. What do you see? If no error, are you sure MySQL isn't running? Run "ps faux | grep mysql" to check.

Weird , no errors in logs

• OldkyOldky Member

I tried to repair plesk with "plesk repair all -n , and still same. I got email about , they are not supporting about software.

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Yes unmanaged vps provider do not provide software support

Thanked by 1Oldky
  • OldkyOldky Member

@hostdare said:
    Yes unmanaged vps provider do not provide software support

Yes, as you wrote before.

But, i dont understand. I think i am moving from them

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

Yes get a managed vps which will check or debug software .

• OldkyOldky Member

@hostdare said:
    Yes get a managed vps which will check or debug software .

Yes. Thank you

Oldky said: But, i dont understand. I think i am moving from them

Unless you're moving to a managed host, not worth the trouble. MySQL issues will follow you. The act of migrating alone may make things run for a while, but you can't run from system administration if you manage your own server. Eventually you have to face it.

So is MySQL running at all? If not, is it giving you an error when you try to start the service?

Thanked by 1Chronic
  • Is this a VPS at all? It sounds like shared hosting. If it's a VPS and you're running your own MySQL then yeah, they crash sometimes, but nobody else would be affected. I don't think Hetzner has a DBAAS product except as part of shared hosting. If there's a shared hosting DB problem, I'd say look for a status announcement and/or open a ticket. If it's on your own unmanaged VPS then you get to deal with it yourself.

• Server management costs a lot. If you'd like to find a managed vps hosting, the cost can increase a lot. You can, however find a shared hosting where the price is not expensive, and the provider will take care of your infras.

• If you're doing something important I'd consider hosted databases. Several providers and companies offer that. It costs a lot more than running your own but if you're a small business or something and the amount of data is reasonable, it saves you enough headache to be worth it. DIY is ok if you know what you're doing and you're on the cheap, or if your requirements are large enough to make hosted services unaffordable so you're better off paying your own staff to maintain your DB's.

• OldkyOldky Member

Any suggestions for new managed vps which can handle 15-20k daily visits

• Oldky said: Any suggestions for new managed vps which can handle 15-20k daily visits

@Francisco

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider

Depends on your application, what do you want to run? :-)

• OldkyOldky Member

@Kabeldamagement said:
    Depends on your application, what do you want to run? :-)

Custom cms , which is for embed films and series , also video websites

• Do you have try turn in off and on again?

Thanked by 2Falzo inthecloudblog

How much resources (CPU, Ram, Disk) do you currently have with Hetzner? Maybe we can make you a great offer for a bit higher pricing with full management in Frankfurt, Germany.

• OldkyOldky Member

@Kabeldamagement said:
    How much resources (CPU, Ram, Disk) do you currently have with Hetzner? Maybe we can make you a great offer for a bit higher pricing with full management in Frankfurt, Germany.

https://www.hetzner.de/hosting/produkte_vserver/cx30

• Who did the setup of your vps?

• OldkyOldky Member

@jcaleb said:
    Who did the setup of your vps?

Hetzner, i bought with plesk

Thanked by 1jcaleb

Can do the same with Plesk 12 + Management (24/7 Monitoring, Recurring Updates, General administrative care) for 50€ per month in Frankfurt, Germany.

• OldkyOldky Member

@Kabeldamagement said:
    Can do the same with Plesk 12 + Management (24/7 Monitoring, Recurring Updates, General administrative care) for 50€ per month in Frankfurt, Germany.

too expensive for my budget