Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any other offloaded MySQL services? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any other offloaded MySQL services?

2»

Comments

• @Francisco currently I dont have a shared mysql account, what stop me at the time was that you didnt support SP's, now that you have them enable, I might get an account.

Also Im interested in PostgreSQL, will wait to see what demand you get for it to be added.

Thanks for the info.

• @Francisco - you could always introduce PostgreSQL as a premium product and charge more for it?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I can offer it under the same account, that's not a big deal, I just need to find out if there's interest/demand for it :)

If there is then I can spend an evening getting it all spiffed out.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: spend an evening

An evening to type /scritps/pgcsinstall ?

@miTgiB said: An evening to type /scritps/pgcsinstall ?

Said evening includes php recompiling, etc, as well as me learning about how to use postgres :P If we suddenly have an issue I'm not going to be able to solve it by sitting on my thumbs and spinning.

Francisco

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited January 2012

@Aldryic said: Even something as minimal as a 1,00$ charge keeps a lot of unsavory types from screwing things up for everyone else.

Also sticks what should be a real name and address on a process in case they get abused. :)

• @drmike said: Also sticks what should be a real name and address on a process in case they get abused. :)

Ditto :P

Just an update to this thread:

MySQL has been upgraded to 5.5, so be sure to check if xenforo works now :)

Thanks!

Francisco

Thanked by 1OneTwo
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Well done! I did it 3 days ago on my biggest percona one :-)

Uptime: 3 days 3 hours 59 min 56 sec

Threads: 41 Questions: 298348710 Slow queries: 75 Opens: 47456 Flush tables: 4 Open tables: 2024 Queries per second avg: 1090.471

• AsuraHosting also has an offloaded MySQL service.

• @NickBudi said: are there any other Offloaded MySQL services out there?

Just in: today's e-mail from Prometeus / IperWeb (@prometeus) says that they offer MySQL Offload service as well (Percona 5.5, 2GB storage, €10 / year). Sweet!

• Just got the one from Prometeus :) love it

• For 5 EUR a year, you just cannot not do this :D It's just too good an offer!!

That is, if you're an existing client. Otherwise, it's a pretty good deal as well :)

@Jack said: @Francisco's setup isn't SSD it's just a beefy OVZ with a CPanel install as far as i know with a lot of tweaks and secrets.

There is SSD's involved ;)

Francisco

edited November 2012

@Jack said: SSD cache @Francisco?

@prometeus's is pure SSD's.

There's pure ssd's on the SQL drives and caching against the user data side since we got 2TB assigned over there

Francisco

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2012

@Francisco said: There's pure ssd's on the SQL drives and caching against the user data side since we got 2TB assigned over there

That is cool :)

• @Zen said: WE HAVE OURSELVES A GRAAAAVE DIGGERRR

Yup, and I seem to be the only one to notice it ._.

• @Zen said: WE HAVE OURSELVES A GRAAAAVE DIGGERRR

Haha I completely forgot about this thread. First one I made on here! LHT /facedesk

• Torqhost now offer this too (beta), see their Twitter.