Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free VPS server - 600MB RAM/1Ghz/30GB Storage/15GB Bandwidth! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free VPS server - 600MB RAM/1Ghz/30GB Storage/15GB Bandwidth!

2»

Comments

• earlearl Member

Just remembered, AWS had a free $100 in credit promo running last year.. After they tried to call me multiple times and I never picked up, they actually still issued me the credit..

Unfortunately I never ended up using it since I never got around to getting a VCC. so it's expired now.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/14045/100-free-aws-credits-instant/p1

• @earl said:
    Just remembered, AWS had a free $100 in credit promo running last year.. After they tried to call me multiple times and I never picked up, they actually still issued me the credit..

Unfortunately I never ended up using it since I never got around to getting a VCC. so it's expired now.

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/14045/100-free-aws-credits-instant/p1

Saw the promo, but I didn't bother signing up as I already had 2 VPS and the 1 EC2 free tier. Most of the credit would have been expired so I left it.

• earlearl Member

@asterisk14 said:
    Saw the promo, but I didn't bother signing up as I already had 2 VPS and the 1 EC2 free tier. Most of the credit would have been expired so I left it.

Probably just as well.. kinda of annoying that they kept calling so early in morning! and it took them about a month before they issued the credit..

• asterisk14 said: It is if you stay within the limits of the FREE tier. That's why it is called the FREE tier. You will get charged if you go over the FREE tier obviously.

You really should not emphasize the word 'free'. I've used their "free" tier and got an invoice for ~1500$ at the end of first month. There was only benchmarks on micro instanse with all defaults. If you think it's OK - fine, go with them. But i'll never suggest amazon as a hoster. Gladly, my bank was so good to remove current invoice and reject all future invoises from Amazon, so Amazon can not withdraw these money :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Profforg said: I've used their "free" tier and got an invoice for ~1500$ at the end of first month. There was only benchmarks on micro instanse with all defaults.

Either:

• You created and added some enormous volume to your micro
    • You used a ton of bandwidth (like 15TB)
    • They made a mistake and you never called them to ask why
  • @Profforg said:
    You really should not emphasize the word 'free'. I've used their "free" tier and got an invoice for ~1500$ at the end of first month. There was only benchmarks on micro instanse with all defaults. If you think it's OK - fine, go with them. But i'll never suggest amazon as a hoster. Gladly, my bank was so good to remove current invoice and reject all future invoises from Amazon, so Amazon can not withdraw these money :)

You were running 'benchmarks' and you wonder why you got billed $1500? You must have been benchmarking 24/7!

• Ask luis123456. I bet he will take it ;).

Thanked by 1raindog308