Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yandex mail - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yandex mail

13»

Comments

• comeback said: Hello,

I have several domain names and I am looking for a solution for the mails.

I looked at several solution and saw that yandex offers 1'000 accounts

I know the service is Russian, but what do you think?

Thank you for your help

Hello, i have used yandex pdd (right now it's called yandex connect), and i can't recommend it. Too much problems with delivery mails, too much spam from Yandex, a lot of problems with their DNS, a lot of problems with their sending / delivery restrictions. OVH-like support (which will do everything to avoid any contact with you if you are not from russia and can't call them directly). In result i have changed that garbage to mxroute like service, and very happy now, because i don't need to worry anymore about delivery problems to/from my domains.

Yandex PDD (Yandex Connect) will be good only in next cases:

• you don't know how setup mail server, or you don't have money to pay for good providers like MXRoute

• you need some [email protected] for you business card.

• you are not planning to have many mail boxes and send / receive many mails per day (in this case, many means > 20-30) and you don't care about delivery.

Try it. You will understand only after some time how bad they are if you will try to use them frequenty.

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited April 2017

Vova1234 said: Yandex are search engine first in the CIS.

>

Because of malware and adware.
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-browser-manager-yandex/

A lot of people from CIS knows about Mail.RU and Yandex adware policy. This is still going on, forcing to use their services aggressively. A random internet guy tries to download a picture from the internet and wants to watch it on PC, and in return, after double clicking on file, he installs the Yandex Browser, MailRu agent, will replace the search engine, and impose the services of these companies.

I don't say that Yandex is a piece of shit, but time to time they look like.

• desperand said: desperand

Yandex id advertising company, they make money on advertising, they provide almost everything for free, because companies who place advertising with them pay out for your freebie. That simply rules. Other software makers also trying to install Chrome or different toolbars when you trying to install their software.Try to carefully review and uncheck all boxes asking for install additional software, when you follow installation wizard.

• It sounds like there's a problem with some user's computers. Surely it is absolutely impossible for someone to install a browser on your computer against your wishes. That would be a bizarre situation and frankly, I call BS.

• YuraYura Member

@Ole_Juul said:
    It sounds like there's a problem with some user's computers. Surely it is absolutely impossible for someone to install a browser on your computer against your wishes. That would be a bizarre situation and frankly, I call BS.

Your assumptions are wrong. Investigate further on if you are curious.

• Yura said: Your assumptions are wrong. Investigate further on if you are curious.

OK, I'll take your word for it, but I'm suspicious about how someone would gain root access against the user's will. There are of course ways that any OS can get compromised, but it's not what I would call a normal situation.

• YuraYura Member

@Ole_Juul, to be clear, it's not the rootkit situation you are thinking of. It's literally stuffing installers of 3rd party programs with mail.ru/yandex installers. Nothing particularly nasty in that per se, but then those installers became sneaky, made the agreement box checked by default and some went as far as not even asking the end user of what the actual programs this installer is putting in the system. Think not of UAC and root services but target audience who clicks next, next, next and befuddled why "my internet program is all weird now. I didn't install anything!". That type of client acquisition is evidently perfectly acceptable for Yandex and Mail.ru

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • There are not many options for free domain hosting these days, I think Yandex is the best one.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@desperand said:

Vova1234 said: Yandex are search engine first in the CIS.

>

Because of malware and adware.
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-browser-manager-yandex/

A lot of people from CIS knows about Mail.RU and Yandex adware policy. This is still going on, forcing to use their services aggressively. A random internet guy tries to download a picture from the internet and wants to watch it on PC, and in return, after double clicking on file, he installs the Yandex Browser, MailRu agent, will replace the search engine, and impose the services of these companies.

I don't say that Yandex is a piece of shit, but time to time they look like.

• Yandex.browser - browser on Chromium engine.
    • Yandex.bar - outdated.
    • Yandex Browser Manager - i do not know, because not used this.
    • Mail.ru Amigo - this is lol. Browser on Chromium engine. Then you will be a lot of fun to remove the debris which it creates.
    • Mail.ru Agent - shit. I do not know we they do it.
    • Mail.ru Sputnik - I do not know we they do it too.
    • Mail.ru Guard - When it is install on the PC itself is very fun.

• how to fix this?
    i sent email CC to 5 emails and get error:
    554 5.7.1 Message rejected under suspicion of SPAM;
    https://ya.cc/0EgTP 1492672229-AJFv6gjmlN-xdhS7leg