Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Yandex mail
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Yandex mail

Hello,

I have several domain names and I am looking for a solution for the mails.

I looked at several solution and saw that yandex offers 1'000 accounts

I know the service is Russian, but what do you think?

Thank you for your help

Comments

• Google and Live are Americans. Zoho is indian as far as I know. Why should they be more trustworthy than Russians?

• I don't know about Yandex mail specifically, but I like Russian services.

• Yandex mail service is really good. Have been using it for my business. It's very popular in Russia and it is used by many corporations. I highly recommend it. It's better than gmail imo.

• Hillary already moved to Yandex Mail, not you?

Thanked by 1M66B
  • Yandex.Mail is AWESOME! I was using it for a year. Only moved to GMail because some mails from my local providers were rejcted...(But the thing is, for some reasons, mails from our local providers to MXroute or other cP email services are also rejected, so it seems like our local provider's problem/If your going to use Y.Mail for Korea related use, don't)

Thanked by 1aeba
  • sanvit said: If your going to use Y.Mail for Korea related use, don't)

For North Korea, I use Rocketmail.

Thanked by 1Hybrid
  • NomadNomad Member

It's not Russian, it is English and it works.

• Thank you all for your answers, I think I will use Yandex

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

Will probably work great for personal mail, but I can't imagine a U.S./EU company relying on a Russian mail service for business contact considering Russian internet laws. Security & privacy...

• MikeA said: Will probably work great for personal mail, but I can't imagine a U.S./EU company relying on a Russian mail service for business contact considering Russian internet laws. Security & privacy...

Security and privacy is handled the same from Google or other american companies. They will cooperate with local authorities and, as many have leaked, there are suspicions on spying to their customers.
    Now, why a US based company cannot rely on a russian company for free mail service? Yandex is nowadays a global internet giant, and they offer for free and unlimited what google apps offered some time ago.
    Very reliable, very flexible and you can use for free your own domain name for your mails.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

Yandex Mail is OK. The Interface is in my opinion worse than the competition and I sometimes have timeouts with my mail client but other than that it's solid and free.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

I use Yandex Mail for some of my domains and have nothing to complain about. Works fine for me :)

• @comeback said:
    Hello,

Thank you for your help

Check for https://biz.mail.ru

• You can use MXroute. I believe 10G for $10/y in london is still available. They give you unlimited email accounts and unlimited domains

• MikeA said: U.S./EU company relying on a Russian mail service for business contact considering Russian internet laws. Security & privacy...

Probably NSA and other similar organizations in US and EU beat all of them, if talking about - Security & Privacy..

Thanked by 3johnnymatt Ole_Juul tux
  • ISPLevelISPLevel Member, Host Rep

It is a good mail service with a great functionality. Problems with delivery and acceptance of mail for 3 years working with him has never been seen. Loyal to the blacklists.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited April 2017

I've been using yandex's email for my domains for years now, it is a pretty good for a free product, never had any downtime or problems. It is basically what the old free google apps used to be, except Putin has your email instead of google I suppose.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • I use it for personal use. Personally, I think it's great.

• YuraYura Member

@Setsura said:
    except Putin has your email instead of google I suppose.

• @Shishov said:

@comeback said:
    Hello,

Thank you for your help

Check for https://biz.mail.ru

No english version.

• drdrake said: No english version.

Can be switched to English inside mail settings.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

@jvnadr said:

MikeA said: Will probably work great for personal mail, but I can't imagine a U.S./EU company relying on a Russian mail service for business contact considering Russian internet laws. Security & privacy...

Security and privacy is handled the same from Google or other american companies. They will cooperate with local authorities and, as many have leaked, there are suspicions on spying to their customers.
    Now, why a US based company cannot rely on a russian company for free mail service? Yandex is nowadays a global internet giant, and they offer for free and unlimited what google apps offered some time ago.
    Very reliable, very flexible and you can use for free your own domain name for your mails.

Not every company bends over when someone wants a users info? I would trust a U.S. company to defend my identity than a Russian company (Internet laws are different in Russian than U.S. you know?). And I never mentioned Google Mail, of course they scan your stuff. I run my own mail server, not use Google.

• Russia is one of very few countries who actually respect the law.

Remember pussy riot? Not only could those sluts do their "art" but they even got public funding because Putin thinks that even weird and oppositional "art" must be treated fairly according to the laws, period.

That's how the russian government ticks. Law, law, law. Everyfuckingthing must be according to the law - Just the way it should be.

So, can you trust a russian provider? Certainly! And certainly 1000 times more than anything us-american.

And btw, I do not even care whether some FSB guys read my email. Because I can be sure that as soon as they determine that I'm not a criminal or terrorist, they will delete it from their machines and respect my privacy. The law, you know.
    I never even looked at or asked for the details of privacy and safety. I know that I'm fine and safe with my stuff in Russia because they fucking respect the law (and so, of course, must I).

• MikeA said: Not every company bends over when someone wants a users info? I would trust a U.S. company to defend my identity than a Russian company (Internet laws are different in Russian than U.S. you know?). And I never mentioned Google Mail, of course they scan your stuff. I run my own mail server, not use Google.

Your idiosyncratic use of question marks make it hard for me to be sure what you're really intending with that comment. :) In any case I would note that the law and the practice is usually different, certainly in the US where companies like Yahoo! scan all mail for the government there seems to be a disconnect. I haven't heard similar reports about Yandex, but that doesn't mean they don't do something along the same lines. Perhaps somebody here from Russia can tell us more about this.

Thanked by 2jvnadr switsys
  • WSSWSS Member

I like cake, but pie is also good.

NoTakeDownYetCode

• bsdguy said: Remember pussy riot? Not only could those sluts do their "art" but they even got public funding because Putin thinks that even weird and oppositional "art" must be treated fairly according to the laws, period.

Ethnic cultural and moral laws are more important here than legal laws. Especially if it's about faith and orthodoxy church.
    Remind a story with universal ID where it was refused by govs because orthodoxy church was strongly against it.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • UrDNUrDN Member

@bsdguy said:
    Russia is one of very few countries who actually respect the law.

Remember pussy riot? Not only could those sluts do their "art" but they even got public funding because Putin thinks that even weird and oppositional "art" must be treated fairly according to the laws, period.

That's how the russian government ticks. Law, law, law. Everyfuckingthing must be according to the law - Just the way it should be.

So, can you trust a russian provider? Certainly! And certainly 1000 times more than anything us-american.

And btw, I do not even care whether some FSB guys read my email. Because I can be sure that as soon as they determine that I'm not a criminal or terrorist, they will delete it from their machines and respect my privacy. The law, you know.
    I never even looked at or asked for the details of privacy and safety. I know that I'm fine and safe with my stuff in Russia because they fucking respect the law (and so, of course, must I).

You have zero clue about Russia, zero clue about how things work there and zero clue about what's going on there.

They don't care about you because you are not Russian and you are obviously totally receptive to the international propaganda of the Russian government and therefore you are not threat to their business.

Primitive thinkers like this who think that the Russian government is more respectful to their people than the American government are just like prefering Cholera over the Plague.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • jenkkijenkki Member
    edited April 2017

UrDN said: They don't care about you because you are not Russian and you are obviously totally receptive to the international propaganda of the Russian government and therefore you are not threat to their business.

The same can be said about you, total propaganda of what someone from outside with long bloody sleeves came to you and spoiled everything in order to hide the true.. isn't?

• UrDNUrDN Member

@jenkki said:

UrDN said: They don't care about you because you are not Russian and you are obviously totally receptive to the international propaganda of the Russian government and therefore you are not threat to their business.

The same can be said about you, total propaganda of what someone from outside with long bloody sleeves came to you and spoiled everything in order to hide the true.. isn't?

What?

Thanked by 2switsys desperand
  • WSSWSS Member

@UrDN said:
    What?

Why did you redefine .grey as silver in your CSS?