Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The end of cheap and good Arubacloud VMs - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The end of cheap and good Arubacloud VMs

2»

Comments

• JorboxJorbox Member
    edited April 2017

@Jorbox said:

@Ympker said:

@Jorbox said:

@Ympker said:
    @Jorbox Check this out mate :)

xD hello mate how are you,
    any location in aruba is ok don't expect more frok 1£ ,
    I got a server from hetzner
    1000gb ssd
    intel core i7 8 core
    32gb ram

• cpanel
    • cloudlinux
      all = 85$ monthly
      I moved 70 cpanel account and they have more than 100k daily view and the server load is only 0.3

I expect this server can handle 10k cpanel account easly

Heya mate :D Good to hear from you haha :P Soyou decided to go with Hetzner after all? xD Nice :) Gl!

I wanted to get the server from soyoustart but their support is very bad, 2 days of waiting to activate my account, I had the server from hetzner and setup everything and moved all acconuts from the shared hosting while waiting for soyoustart replay.. hetzner had more ssd space and the hardware is brand new and they are also from germany xD

I moved all accounts from bestwebhosting.uk + buyshared + aruba + another host. to it.
    now I can sleep well :D

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @dcamero said:

@jetchirag said:
    Edit: I got charged only 1 when buying one

I went in. It says 4.99 under DC6-UK for me. I didn't go ahead with the purchase.

I think am lucky because am getting only 1 as price

• MalinMalin Member

I aleady have one active in the UK, wanted to nuke it, but looks like I'm gonna be keeping it.

• Anyone trying to grab a VM for EURO 1, I have a trick :P

If clicking control panel from client area takes you to
    //admin.dc4.arubacloud.com
    Then you can modify the url to: admin.dc1.arubacloud.com/Manage/Server/ServerDetails.aspx

and you'll be able to purchase EURO 1 VM from DC1

:P

• Forpsi.com €1

• FalzoFalzo Member

@jetchirag said:
    Anyone trying to grab a VM for EURO 1, I have a trick :P

Then you can modify the url to: admin.dc1.arubacloud.com/Manage/Server/ServerDetails.aspx

What kind of trick this shall be? Did you read the initial post at all? DC1 to DC3 stays at 1€ anyways...

• BochiBochi Member

@jetchirag said:
    Anyone trying to grab a VM for EURO 1, I have a trick :P

Did I miss the joke or are you serious about this?! :P
    This is exactly what ArubaCloud tells us: DC1-3 will stay at 1€.

• saf31saf31 Member

Two openvz offers come close (considering price), alphavps and deploynode. https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/109425/alphavps-spring-specials-with-huge-discounts-bg-de-uk-ny-la-fl-kvm-in-bg-restocked#latest and https://deploynode.com/clients/cart.php?gid=1 . Both have ~12$/year openvz package with 1 gb ram and 1 tera transfer on 1gbps port.

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • @jetchirag said:

@dcamero said:

@jetchirag said:
    Edit: I got charged only 1 when buying one

I went in. It says 4.99 under DC6-UK for me. I didn't go ahead with the purchase.

I think am lucky because am getting only 1 as price

So you got a VPS at 1Eur, even though price is shown as 4.99Eur? Anyone else can confirm this?

• ucxo said: Too good to last after all…

You assume... what? This logic is not making too much sense.

This does not save them BW (and even then only burst, nothing else, which you get 1:10 anyway), and BW for IT (100G+) or their CZ DC (now owned by them) (50G+) is not the issue (just bad peered) - Under the line, this will not save money.

The (PLANNED/INTENDED) loss is here way earlier - Hardware, for some time. Then power and BW only, which is not a loss (if we assume non dedicated CPU).

• Jorbox said: I expect this server can handle 10k cpanel account easly

I for one would be impressed... and then slightly terrified.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Hi, I have a question, I have 14 vps in UK about 4 months ago, and this month I've been paying 1 eur for each vps, so in the next month (may) I have to pay 4,99 for each vps? or only 1 eur? thanks.

• Nooooooo zzxx wtf

• sonicsonic Veteran

@xBlackZero said:
    Hi, I have a question, I have 14 vps in UK about 4 months ago, and this month I've been paying 1 eur for each vps, so in the next month (may) I have to pay 4,99 for each vps? or only 1 eur? thanks.

• Sorry if it's a necropost, but I was able to activate a server in DC5 (DE) for €1 just now. DC4 and DC6 still show the higher price.

• B1g4B1g4 Member

@advarisk said:
    Sorry if it's a necropost, but I was able to activate a server in DC5 (DE) for €1 just now. DC4 and DC6 still show the higher price.

The fineprint changed:

'* The price of 1€ per month is only valid for activations made for data center DC1/IT1, DC3/CZ1 or DC5/DE1. New activations made for data center DC2/IT2, DC4/FR1 or DC6/UK1 will be priced at €4,99/month.'

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited June 2017

89.36.x.x E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz

94.177.x.x E5-2650L v3 @ 1.80GHz

217.61.x.x E5-2650L v4 @ 1.70GHz

94.177.x.x E5-2650L v3 @ 1.80GHz

89.40.x.x E5-2650L v3 @ 1.80GHz

89.40.x.x E5-2650L v3 @ 1.80GHz

Bought a few, first one is my grandfathered instance from before the fineprint changes. Seems they have moved to low power CPUs, still perform well so can't complain.

Thanked by 1ucxo