Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody with Scaleway? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody with Scaleway?

2»

Comments

• Re Scaleway itself: I've had the 3 eur/m 4-core ARM dedicated server for a long while and it's been solid, total performance maybe about 1/3 of an E3 core, with 2GB of ram and 50GB of NBD flash storage, not bad at all. The networked SSD is slower than a direct one but has much more iops than any HDD (transfer rate might be slower).

I've played with some of their x86 VPS and those are fine too, though the Atom cores are slow. But 6 Atom cores is about like a full E3 core, which with 200GB of network SSD and 8GB of ram is not bad at all for 10 eur/m.

As people have said, there are apparent problems with archiving and snapshots, but I haven't used those features, and the typical monthly LET VPS doesn't even offer them.

Overall it's a rather different offer than most of the alternatives, so you have to weigh the tradeoffs for your particular application. I think it wins some of the time but certainly not always.

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

The main problem for me with them is that they do not allow Paypal payments (so far).

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • i was with scaleway and it worked perfectly for me.

• Since I didn't realize that, make sure to also remove the IP address if you tear down a server, otherwise you have to pay for that every month, since the IP will be reserved automatically for your account.

• ardaarda Member

I've used them for a half a year, their VC1S vps was quite stable and great for me.

• Since they opened up the NL location I have used them for static content due to the amount of transfer you can use. It has been very reliable for that.

• MalinMalin Member

Been with them for a while and I had routing issues just as other folks reported. I asked them a couple of times why the network of my sites is dead and they blamed it on some NAT bug which was "resolved" every time it happened. Their support was as bad as it gets, delayed and generic responses and I didn't care much because I was thinking hey, you get what you pay for.
    Then at some point I nearly maxed out my servers as I was using 9/10 and needed two more so I upgraded from Basic to Developer which entitled me to 25 servers which I never actually got because they kept throttling my account's limits and kept me as a Basic user although I was paying Developer for three months already. When they finally announced me they will lift my limit, like three months after I had moved half of the stuff elsewhere.
    Needless to say that their Developer plan had a "swag pack" advertised which I never received and their Developer support which was advertised as "better" than Basic was covered by the same folks which just answered faster to the tickets, but were as lame as usual.

• dosaidosai Member

I have their basic plan €2.99 AMS for over 3 months now. I hit a bump while provisioning a new server and surprisingly support was responsive. I installed their torrent application snapshot and using it as a seedbox. I upload close to 3TB/month. The only concern is that peering from AMS to my home connection is bad, max speed I get is around 1.5MB/s but that is totally fine. I'm very happy with the overall experience. Gladly recommend Scaleway.

• Tried to boot up C1 on paris but won't boot up :(

• @sanvit said:
    Tried to boot up C1 on paris but won't boot up :(

That Cloud 2.99 plan? Working fine for me

• @jetchirag said:

@sanvit said:
    Tried to boot up C1 on paris but won't boot up :(

That Cloud 2.99 plan? Working fine for me

The ARM 4core 2.99EUR plan on paris... Contacted support and they told me

Hello,

>

>

I can only invite you to wait for the moment

>

Cordialement / Best regards,
    Support's Name
    Technicien Support Scaleway

Support also told me there is no ETA on fix... :(

• I want everybody know about Bandwidth limitation, I have Baremetal 32GB ram on scaleway and last day they limit my Upload and download speed
    https://prnt.sc/g1z60v
    I dont know ho much TB the limit

Thanked by 1Frecyboy
  • Did you contact them?

• AidanAidan Member

rohidev said: Bandwidth limitation

Never experienced this... What did they tell you?

• I just delete my server, no help from support
    only left one baremetal 32G still with slow connection. :/

• I prefer runcloud as I have too many idling boxes.