Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uptime Monitor, what are you using right now ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Uptime Monitor, what are you using right now ?

johnnymattjohnnymatt Member
edited April 2017 in General

Hello, im asking this question because im looking for a simple uptime monitor solution. I do not have special needs and ofc I do not need enterprise solutions. Just an old style solution like it was Pingdom someeee time ago.

I read a thread on Quora but sounds like to me a "huuuge party of shameless affiliated links". This is the reason im asking you this question. Using right now nixstats for this task.

What's your advice ? Thanks :)

Thanked by 1HyperSpeed

Comments

• Uptime Robot - easy to setup and free (with a 5 minute interval).

• Hetrix Tools - 5 free checks at 1 minute intervals. They also do free IP blacklist monitoring. Paid accounts are quite reasonable.

Thanked by 3HBAndrei dosai Plioser
  • In addition to Uptime Robot, you may also want to give StatusCake a try. Similar to Uptime Robot, with a free plan, the checking interval would be 5 minutes.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I use @NodePing for my third party external monitoring for both Secure Dragon and my personal stuff. I have my own monitoring setup also (custom scripts along with Observium and SmokePing), but for the price and features I have no plans of moving away from NodePing anytime soon.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ NodePing
  • sinsin Member

Uptime Doctor (5 free 1 minute intervals ping, http, etc checks) and Newrelic Synthetics for http monitoring.

• WSSWSS Member

NOCOLMonit, Munin+RRDTool. I'm a simple man with simple needs.

Thanked by 1johnnymatt
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Uptime Robot, StatusCake and the free New Relic system monitoring.

Thanked by 1johnnymatt
  • Nixstats+uptime robots

• statuscake

• Hetrix because of the 1min interval..

Thanked by 1HBAndrei
  • Nixstats and Uptime Robot doing just fine for me.

• jadenjaden Member

Nixstats and Statuscake.

I've been searching for a free or low cost daily SSL expiration check. UptimeRobot said they'd have it in a few weeks in mid-January, but it's not out yet.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

jaden said: I've been searching for a free or low cost daily SSL expiration check.

We offer that (link), included free of charge with every website uptime monitor.

Also, thanks @kingjj and @darylweb for recommending HetrixTools, I'm really glad you're enjoying the platform.

Thanked by 2kingjj jaden
  • Night-Sky by @Neoon and a self hosted Observium install. Used Uptime Robot for a while too.

Thanked by 2johnnymatt Falzo
  • FalzoFalzo Member

@rocket said:
    Night-Sky by @Neoon and a self hosted Observium install. Used Uptime Robot for a while too.

Same here. :-)

• Trained mutated midgets from the globe check my stuff every second and text me if it goes down.

Thanked by 1Basil
  • nixstats hasn't been reliable at all from the last few months... both Website monitors and Server monitors have not been reporting proper downtimes when uptime robot would otherwise report correctly.

• antonpaantonpa Member, Patron Provider

Zabbix - it's the best for uptime monitor and other monitoring what you maybe need (SNMP, traffic monitor, temperature monitor etc).

• Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2017

@mehargags said:
    nixstats hasn't been reliable at all from the last few months... both Website monitors and Server monitors have not been reporting proper downtimes when uptime robot would otherwise report correctly.

Yeah we noticed these issues too however their new status page template looks great (http://nixstats.dreamitsolutions.com.au)

But HetrixTools has been great for us. I find that the incident detection to be within 30 seconds and has really reasonable pricing.

Server monitoring is great too.

FYI they have an offer on WHT for 20% off for the first month with coupon 20OffWHT

@HBAndrei does a great job with HetrixTools

Edit: This is what the HetrixTools status page looks like http://status.dreamithost.com.au

Thanked by 2HBAndrei mehargags
  • jimaekjimaek Member
    edited April 2017

I use https://updown.io/ for almost everything I have

• Nagios is good as well.. my provider offers Nagios service.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2017

Night-Sky, because it works, cost me nothing and LibreNMS for Resource monitoring.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • Nixstats \m/

Thanked by 1vfuse
  • warihwarih Member

Uptime robot with android

• Uptime robot

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@vfuse Nixstats, @NodePing both perform great.

Thanked by 2NodePing vfuse
  • johnnymattjohnnymatt Member
    edited April 2017

Thank you for the huuuge amount of reply to my question. I really appreciate hearing your thoughts and the service youre using right now. Now begins the hardest part, testing, testing and testing :)

• @MikePT said:

I'm thinking to use Nixstats. Do you have a rough idea what will be cost for > 15-20 servers?

• r0xzr0xz Member

@jetchirag said:

@MikePT said:

I'm thinking to use Nixstats. Do you have a rough idea what will be cost for > 15-20 servers?

free right now.

• @r0xz said:

@jetchirag said:

@MikePT said:

free right now.

I know but in future? I need to plan