Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New BlueVM Design
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New BlueVM Design

Hello,

I figured I'd share our new design with the community. It's not perfect (It hates IE) (It's pretty image heavy) (The HTML isn't fantastic) (We don't have any stock XD) but it's ours and I quite like it... That said I'd love some spelling correctors to beat me upside the head and hammer that out as well as any minor suggestions for improving usability/css/js/etc...

View it live: Click Here

Comments

• BradNDBradND Member

I demand more blue on this layout

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@BrandND - Just for you... ok we'll add another few pixels of blue.

At least you can't say "I don't know what company owns this..."

• edited June 2013

Looks a bit too 'drawn', almost like someone was learning Photoshop and worked their way through a number of tutorials. I know that's not very constructive, sorry!

• beautiful !!!! but I like green better .

(*^__^*) ……

• SakuraSakura Member

better than before:)

• @ShardHost said:
    Looks a bit too 'drawn', almost like someone was learning Photoshop and worked their way through a number of tutorials. I know that's not very constructive, sorry!

Agree!

• IshaqIshaq Member

How do you guys like the client area? if you're not a customer:

• MunMun Member

ERR MY GERD UNPAID INVOICE.

Mun

• trexostrexos Member

I really like the new design :) It looks cleaner.

• A lot of blue! This must be BlueVM's website! ;)

Great work guys.

• pavspavs Member

Honest opinion?

I really don't like it, looks very noobish/not-too-professional.

Unfortunately good designs are cheap nowadays.

If I was opening a hosting service, I would buy a decent template from themeforest (some examples: http://themeforest.net/search?utf8=✓&term=hosting), since I know a thing or two about html/css, I would customize it myself to make it a bit unique, or if need more in-depth customization and I don't have time for it, I would hire someone to do it for me for couple of hours worth of pay.

Design taste is very subjective, but bad design sticks out like a sore thumb. At least to me, how a site looks, what it portrays to me as a user (how much business cared about its website) is huge for me. I am less likely to pay for something that looks amateurish, even if the service is good according to other users.

Its just me though, might not how most people feel about it.

• blackblack Member

@eric1212 said:
    A lot of blue!

50 shades of blue to be exact.

• alexalex Member

I'm going to vomit....

• Needs a few CSS changes for my OCD
    https://bluevm.com/submitticket.php?step=2&deptid=1

Left align those boxes!

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

I don't think all the blue is actually the problem here, just the alignment of text inside some images, and little things like that really subtract from the appeal of the design.

• I think burstnet had a better redesign.

• You should see it in IE 8 or older. It looks okay in IE 9 and 10 (since those are the NON-shitty versions of IE) but IE 6 (heaven forbid anyone still use IE6), IE 7, and IE 8 all have seizures rendering it.

• @Magiobiwan said:
    You should see it in IE 8 or older. It looks okay in IE 9 and 10 (since those are the NON-shitty versions of IE) but IE 6 (heaven forbid anyone still use IE6), IE 7, and IE 8 all have seizures rendering it.

Internet Explorer is shit by definition, called "unique" by Microsoft.

The right way of saying it is that IE 9 and 10 are less horrible than previous versions.

Cheers :-)

• Yay for Internet Exploder

• WoopWoop Member

That is seriously terrible

Did you get it done by someone off fiverr?

It looks like it was designed in 2005, and even for 2005 it would of still looked bad.

Looks like a photoshop tutorial to me, unprofessional as F%@$

Old one looked 9999x better

• RurikoRuriko Member

create a block script saying you can't visit this site because you're using IE

• MikeInMikeIn Member

The background is same as in the previous theme.. :D

I personally somehow liked the new theme quite better then the old one...

And as the your name its Quite Blue ;)

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

my eyessss x_x
    come on.. don't need to be all blue like that.
    seriously, no.

• @NanoG6 At least you're not using IE8. According to MS Expression Web SuperPreview 4, this is what the top part of the site looks like in IE 8.

• LOL @ that

• When MS Visual Studio 2012 Pro finishes installing on my laptop (I <3 Dreamspark) I'll have screenshots of it in other IE versions too. IE6 actually did the best out of the IE versions prior to IE9 at rendering it, since in IE 6 there weren't any flipped images, etc. Or things covering other things.

• We actually did. @Ishaq was the one who found him for us.

• pavspavs Member
    edited June 2013

I am scared to ask how much you guys paid for this work...

• IshaqIshaq Member

We can make further changes for free, what do you think needs changing?

We don't want your opinion on how nice or ugly it looks, we want your feedback so we can improve it.

• pavspavs Member
    edited June 2013

@Ishaq said:
    We can make further changes for free, what do you think needs changing?

We don't want your opinion on how nice or ugly it looks, we want your feedback so we can improve it.

IMO and YMMV, its not just some tiny css tweaks and color changes and placement of boxes that can magically make it better. Its just aesthetically bad. Something thats hard to improve without a wholesale redesign.

"That's just like, my opinion, man."