Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuadHost Virtualizor Login Problems - Anyone?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuadHost Virtualizor Login Problems - Anyone?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited April 2017 in General

Sup,

I recently ordered a NAT Bundle from i-83 range and while my single NAT vps I had with them before has the Virtualizor GUI built-in the clientarea of QuadHost, the NAT Bundle does require me to login at https://manage.quadhost.net:4083/ where apparently I am to use my E-Mail/Username and existing account password. Now the problem is that I always get a js pop-up telling me my entered information is incorrect which is weird as I use the very same info to log into the QuadHost Clientarea without problems. I have opened a ticket for this but as I experienced their support to be a bit slow these days I thought I'd ask if anyone else is or was facing a similar issue with them?

Kind regards,
Ympker

Comments

• The details for Virtualizor won't be the same as the client area unless you set them, the password is usually a randomly generated one. Check for the information in the welcome email.

Thanked by 2Ympker quadhost
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2017

@WSCallum said:
    The details for Virtualizor won't be the same as the client area unless you set them, the password is usually a randomly generated one. Check for the information in the welcome email.

Oh lol it was my NAT VPS root pw lol?!
    Aight, thanks!

• Ympker said: my single NAT vps I had with them before has the Virtualizor GUI built-in the clientarea of QuadHost, the NAT Bundle does require me to login at https://manage.quadhost.net:4083/

All offered VPS are controlled through the management portal.

Ympker said: I have opened a ticket for this but as I experienced their support to be a bit slow these days I thought I'd ask if anyone else is or was facing a similar issue with them?

Ticket # please? I can see your other ticket was replied to within 3 minutes.

• @quadhost said:

Ympker said: my single NAT vps I had with them before has the Virtualizor GUI built-in the clientarea of QuadHost, the NAT Bundle does require me to login at https://manage.quadhost.net:4083/

All offered VPS are controlled through the management portal.

Ympker said: I have opened a ticket for this but as I experienced their support to be a bit slow these days I thought I'd ask if anyone else is or was facing a similar issue with them?

Ticket # please? I can see your other ticket was replied to within 3 minutes.

All good rn except that I struggle to find my Internal IP Adress. In the respective ticket I was told it was listed in Virtualizor as well, however I am struggling to find it. In the screenshot below I only see my external IP Adress, not the internal adress of the VM.
    https://gyazo.com/46cca6e77860c6ae2479f4cdc128e256

• @quadhost can you catch up on #592517 please? :-)

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Ympker said:
    @quadhost can you catch up on #592517 please? :-)

They have phone number on the website, LET is not a place to keep chasing tickets in public.

• alaningusalaningus Member
    edited April 2017

@Clouvider said:
    They have phone number on the website, LET is not a place to keep chasing tickets in public.

Calm down dear.

He was only replying to quadhost's request for the ticket number

Thanked by 1johnnymatt
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2017

Will be waiting for a reply on the ticket now. Perhaps I've grown a bit impatient however even though it is a NAT package and fairly cheap, I ordered my NAT package on 29th March, was deployed 2 days after and now it is April 4th and I still can't use it because I do not know how to find out the internal IP adresses of my VMs I create from within their Virtualizor which is needed for SSH :/ So yeah that would be the only reason why I am pushing this^^

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Ympker said:
    Will be waiting for a reply on the ticket now. Perhaps I've grown a bit impatient however even though it is a NAT package and fairly cheap, I ordered my NAT package on 29th March, was deployed 2 days after and now it is April 4th and I still can't use it because I do not know how to find out the internal IP adresses of my VMs I create from within their Virtualizor which is needed for SSH :/ So yeah that would be the only reason why I am pushing this^^

It's not in your email?

@alaningus said:

@Clouvider said:

Calm down dear.

He was only replying to quadhost's request for the ticket number

I'm very calm. I simply consider this to be a spam.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

@Ympker said:

It's not in your email?

This here is the E-Mail:

removed

Now the "see #1 here for details" links to a kb article which then again is linking to https://quadhost.net/account/knowledgebase/5/Find-your-IPv4-NAT-Instance-Public-IPv4-Address.html . I knew about this KB article already because I was using a regular NAT vps with them before thus this was acctually the first place I was looking at.
    However the IP adress assigned to a VPS I created from their Virtualizor Resource pool has the ip 185.120.20.xxx which then again is not listed on the link above hence making it impossible for me to aquire my Internal IP Adress which I need to know my dedicated SSH port.

image removed

"Check this KB article" in the mail links to https://quadhost.net/account/knowledgebase/2/How-To-SSH-into-a-IPv4-NAT-or-IPv6-based-VPS.html which also tells me I need the internal IP adress to find out my SSH port. The Support Team replied yesterday that I should see the internal IP within Virtualizor at the respective Overview of my VM however all I see is, again, the external (shared) ip:

image removed

• @Clouvider said:
    I simply consider this to be a spam.

Provider asks question. Subscriber answers it.

Hardly spam?

• @ympker I've never (yet) had a resource bundle, but I'm guessing you won't get any internal IPs until you spin up a new VPS

Thanked by 1WSS
  • try connecting via serial console or vnc and run

curl ipecho.net/plain; echo

• @alaningus said:
    @ympker I've never (yet) had a resource bundle, but I'm guessing you won't get any internal IPs until you spin up a new VPS

So you are suggesting to create another vps from resource bundle to see if I then get internal IPs for both? Because right now the VPS I spinned up was from the resource bundle.

• @Ympker said:
    So you are suggesting to create another vps from resource bundle to see if I then get internal IPs for both? Because right now the VPS I spinned up was from the resource bundle.

Sorry no. I hadn't spotted that you had already created a VPS. My mistake.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @alaningus said:

@Ympker said:

Sorry no. I hadn't spotted that you had already created a VPS. My mistake.

No problem haha :D This is the very reason as to why I am confused to not see an internal IP being displayed.

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • When you click on the "IPs" button in the panel do you not get the opportunity to set the Primary IP (which on mine is the assigned internal IPv4 or the IPv6s ?

• @alaningus said:
    When you click on the "IPs" button in the panel do you not get the opportunity to set the Primary IP (which on mine is the assigned internal IPv4 or the IPv6s ?

This only shows the same IP that can be seen on the widget showing the green online status. However if that indeed would be the internal ip and not the external then still the external IP would be missing. Either way around one adress is missing. Plus I assume the IP displayed as primary ip and in the widget to be an external ip as I can ping it :)

• tried curl ipecho.net/plain; echo on serial console?

'ip -4 addr' in the console will give you your internal IP.

• @sanvit said:
    tried curl ipecho.net/plain; echo on serial console?

@Clouvider

Will try this asap I am home :-)

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2017

@Clouvider @sanvit

Both do show me the following IP:

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN

inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo

2: venet0: <BROADCAST,POINTOPOINT,NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue
    state UNKNOWN

inet 127.0.0.1/32 scope host venet0

inet 185.120.20.xxx/32 brd 185.120.20.xxx scope global venet0:0

This is the same IP that is displayed in Virtualizor panel. However if this is indeed the internal IP, what is the shared public ip then?

ifconfig gives me

ifconfig

lo Link encap:Local Loopback

inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0

inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host

UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1

RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:0

RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)

venet0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00

inet addr:127.0.0.1  P-t-P:127.0.0.1  Bcast:0.0.0.0  Mask:255.255.255.255

UP BROADCAST POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1

RX packets:8283 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0

TX packets:4722 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0

collisions:0 txqueuelen:0

RX bytes:11441176 (10.9 MiB)  TX bytes:304402 (297.2 KiB)

venet0:0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00

inet addr:185.120.20.xxx P-t-P:185.120.20.xxx Bcast:185.120.20.xxx

Mask:255.255.255.255

UP BROADCAST POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP  MTU:1500  Metric:1

• curl ipecho.net/plain; echo

should give you the public ip..

• @Clouvider said:

@Ympker said:

What is wrong with you?

• @sanvit said:

Yeah I got the public ip now. It is the same that is showing in virtualizor widget on the dashboard. If that is the public ip however I'd still be missing the internal IP as this one is nowhere to be found and is needed to determine the dedicated ssh port of my vps instance. And there is probably no way for me to find out the internal ip because I am behind a router with the nat right?

@Letisbest said:

@Clouvider said:

@Ympker said:

What is wrong with you?

Excuse me?

Thanked by 1datako

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

Yeah I got the public ip now. It is the same that is showing in virtualizor widget on the dashboard. If that is the public ip however I'd still be missing the internal IP as this one is nowhere to be found and is needed to determine the dedicated ssh port of my vps instance. And there is probably no way for me to find out the internal ip because I am behind a router with the nat right?

It seems that for some freaky reason they've assigned you a public IP instead. I'd still check with them as technically it can be reclaimed from you since you're not paying for it.

• Maybe the panel provisioned you with a dedicated ipv4. Tried sshing with the given ip on port 22?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @sanvit said:
    Maybe the panel provisioned you with a dedicated ipv4. Tried sshing with the given ip on port 22?

Yeah lol this in fact worked. I'm confused now. Also when I create a Session via "Serial Console" in Virtualizor it uses a different ip which is 185.164.xxx.xx instead of 185.120.20.xxx :O Why is that?