Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost, a sort of review - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost, a sort of review

2»

Comments

• @Jack said:
    The OP is a client of mine and has never swore at myself in a ticket, he is dutch so he probably isn't a native english speaker however most dutch people I have spoken too can speak better English than people in the UK.

\
    But then again, swearing is not illegal.

And then again, you run a decent operation which doesn't have any problems.

You never made me feel frustrated and wasted my time for 2 days. Maybe that is at the center of this whole crap bag.
    I have over 12 vps's running, and the only thing that kept giving problems was a silly reseller account hosting some whmcs software, go figure.
    Glad to have left those wankers.

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited June 2013

@snelweg said:

@GreenValueHost said: He abused our staff by continuously swearing at us throughout many of his ticket replies which qualifies as staff abuse and is the reason why we decided to terminate his services.

Wow, you are a wanker.

I start to understand which staff abuse they were talking about. I would really recommend changing your language a bit, because obviously your constant swearing could be considered staff abuse.

It also seems that you are the one unwilling to post the proof, forcing GVH into a bad position in this discussion. If you're so sure that you have not abused their staff, there must be no issue in posting the ticket(s)?

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Mentioning that essay is a low blow, don't you think? It's something I created in my spare time as a joke to show to a few friends of mine, long story but you can obviously tell that everything written in that document is made in a jokingly manner.

Low blow? Not really. With all the noob, kiddy and summer hosts around, it's in everyones best interest to do their research when choosing a new provider. I've never heard of GVH before this thread but if I was in the market for a new host and I found your "Did you know that rainbows are pink and fluffy?" website and Taylor Swift essay... let's just say I wouldn't be filled with confidence. I'm all for posting random jokes and stupid shit, but not when they make you look like a 12 year-old :/

• @SegmentationFault said:
    Low blow? Not really. With all the noob, kiddy and summer hosts around, it's in everyones best interest to do their research when choosing a new provider. I've never heard of GVH before this thread but if I was in the market for a new host and I found your "Did you know that rainbows are pink and fluffy?" website and Taylor Swift essay... let's just say I wouldn't be filled with confidence. I'm all for posting random jokes and stupid shit, but not when they make you look like a 12 year-old :/

I agree that it was a low blow. Any human with a functional brain knows that a thing like that shouldn't be taken seriously. Besides, it adds nothing to the discussion at hand. You're just trolling here.

Some of the best hosts I'm with have for "funny" or "weird" stuff circulating on the Internet. That doesn't matter to me: what matters to me is how they treat me as a customer and how my service with them it. I don't care what they do when they're drunk, joking around with friends or playing video games (within reason, of course).

• @mpkossen said:

Swearing is my way of expressing when I get frustrated when people fuck their systems up so I can not do business for over two days.
    It's a way to atract attention, and it worked.

posting proof

The whole point about this was about not being able to work cuz of fuckups by them, still don't have time, still trying to get things running again with old databases and stuff. I am a busy man, too busy for this anyway.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

My 2 c

GVH seems kind of amateurish.

Customer is abusive, at least can be considered as such from the info at hand here.

I have my fair share of abuse, but so far nobody called me a wanker or made other sexual remarks in the tickets, even people I terminated vor various ToS/AUP breaches.

I have a high tolerance to this and I am not impressed too much, would probably just overlook it but I will not help the customer solve his problem, maybe only for a ridiculous price they would never agree to.

However, I do think GVH were right to terminate him, but I also agree they do not run the business properly.

So, both parties are right about the other, IMO.

• @snelweg said:
    Swearing is my way of expressing when I get frustrated when people fuck their systems up so I can not do business for over two days. It's a way to atract attention, and it worked.

I noticed. I would reconsider it as a practice, though.

And yes, attention you got... but I don't think it's good attention.

@snelweg said:
    The whole point about this was about not being able to work cuz of fuckups by them, still don't have time, still trying to get things running again with old databases and stuff. I am a busy man, too busy for this anyway.

If you're "too busy for this" why start this thread, insult a bunch of members and then state you have something better to do? Or are you going to post screenshots when you're done fixing your WHMCS and such?

• @mpkossen said:
    If you're "too busy for this" why start this thread, insult a bunch of members and then state you have something better to do? Or are you going to post screenshots when you're done fixing your WHMCS and such?

Get a life, the only ones who might be offended are the gvh people and they have proven to have very thin skin.

Goodbye

• You state that we wasted your time, however we did not. We were the ones trying to help you, but you refused to follow our directions and instead spent your time trying to curse us out. Rather than doing that, if you would have cooperated with us, your issues would have been solved a lot faster and this whole fiasco wouldn't have happened.

We really have nothing really to prove now that you've proven our point for us. I have no problem with people posting their experiences however you're not being convincing when you're openly cursing at members of the community and insulting a community moderator.

• LeeLee Veteran

Agree with @Maounique they are both right about each other.

@GreenValueHost - I have not looked recently however there was quite a while on WHT where a week did not go by and you were being complained about.

From trying to commit fraud against Hostingcove (it was proven) to all the other complaints and your completely amateur approach and response I think you still have a lot of work left to do, starting with yourself.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2013

@W1V_Lee said:
    Agree with Maounique they are both right about each other.

GreenValueHost - I have not looked recently however there was quite a while on WHT where a week did not go by and you were being complained about.

From trying to commit fraud against Hostingcove (it was proven) to all the other complaints and your completely amateur approach and response I think you still have a lot of work left to do, starting with yourself.

>

True that I've been trying to work on my public relations skills and I do admit they are yet to be significantly improved however I do try my best and I learn over time.

The fiasco with HC should be dropped, both sides in the story were already stated. There has not been a complaint that we've had that has not been settled and the majority of them were written by abusive clients. If you were a provider, you would have taken similar action as we have.

As I've already said in one of my previous posts, the first step in improving is admitting your mistakes. I have no problem with doing so because with the mistakes that I've made (which is human nature), I look back upon them and analyze what I did wrong. Then, I take suggestions on what I could have done better and I improve upon them for the next time around. Many people make mistakes and then try to shamefully hide the fact that it ever happened, but that's not what I'm trying to do here.

Some of the statements that the OP stated were true, one of those being that we were at fault for the inode corruption however as I've already stated, the issue has been corrected and we know for the next time around.

Just in case you didn't catch what I've said earlier clearly, please allow me to reiterate.

When you make a mistake, you ask yourself:

What did I do wrong?
    How could I have done this better?
    How can I correct this issue?
    and lastly,
    What can I do to make sure this doesn't happen in the future?

And that is what we've done. A statement that I've continuously said time and time again is that you can't change the past, but you can pave a path to a better future. That's something that a lot of people don't do. They focus on trying to change or warp what they've done in the past, which only makes their situation worse and shines an unprofessional light upon them.

In my opinion this thread has already reached it's end of life and there's nothing more to discuss here. A conclusion has been agreed upon.

I understand that you are giving me constructive criticism, and I appreciate your feedback and I will highly take it into advisement. I know that it is important to listen to others when they are giving you advice to improve your own well being, and I very much thank you for your words. It's quite easy for one to be a hot head while communicating to others via text, however when you're talking in person or over the phone, the person who is more patient, calm, and polite is more often than not the person who prevails. As such, I am applying that principle to my communication with others through text based communication not only because it garners more respect than if I spoke in a manner in which the OP spoke, but because it is the right and moral thing to do.

• Agreed :-)

This discussion has been closed.