Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost, a sort of review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost, a sort of review

snelwegsnelweg Member
edited June 2013 in Reviews

I almost fell of my chair laughing when I read the message I pasted underneath.

Some clarification first, I used to be a happy customer of GVH but after they switched servers my WHMCS stopped working. They couldn't get it to work. They said go ask WHMCS, they will help you. But it was and is clear that it had to be something with the new server, my WHMCS install was a backup from the working site.
During trying to get things working I noticed that my cpanel password was not working anymore, so I asked the helpdesk to change it, since I thought I used a wrong password. They said they did and test it, but it didn't work. So I asked for a printscreen showing that they really could log in (mind you this was all over the course of 2 hours). Still no luck for me, no access to cpanel and my accounting (WHMCS) and helpdesk not running at all. I got more and more frustrated, not with them but with the whole situation. There was no way the helpdesk person could get me in my cpanel. Then I remembered the lockout thingy if you mess with the login. So I asked them if there was an ip lock, and sure enough 30 seconds later I could login.
I was not happy with this so called helpdesk person.
I stated my thoughts in a very clear manner, never swore at them but at the situation.

Then I got an e-mail that per user agreement abuse towards the staff is not tolerated. I replied that I never abused any of his staff, only was frustrated about the whole thing and that it was justified in such a situation when you are 'helped' by a clown of a helpdesk person to call a non-functioning-server a 'fucking server'. That is about the extent of me being abusing them.....

I canceled my , a year paid for in advance, server immediatly. My thoughts were that they must be a bunch of wankers who know shit about support and setup of machines.

Here is what it has costed me in time:
the move took far longer then they said it would take, so I waited for half a day
WHMCS would not run, the pingpong with the 'helpdesk' took a total of 2 days !!!!
I had to find another home for my project, could not negotiate a good deal because I was in such a hurry.

Then I got this:

Attention all clients on srv2,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to put this.

There has been an inode corruption on srv2 which means that srv2 can no longer be used. This was caused by a malfunction of SolusVM and a misunderstanding of one of our network administrators. We are working to retreive backups from srv2 and restore the data onto a new server which will be srv3. This process will likely take a while, and we are working as hard as we can to get this done as efficiently and as quickly as possible to resume production. As a result of this, everyone on srv2 will receive credit on their account for next month.

During this difficult time we humbly ask for your patience and cooperation in getting through this migration.

Updates will be sent as soon as possible

Thank You,

• GreenValueHost

And then there is a thing I think would be handled best by the bureau of better business, part of the initial deal was that they provided me with a real ssl certificate. That was missing from the new server, and it would not come back either. I asked for a solution, they just flat out refused.

But anyway, I mailed them I am canceling the server, then their response was that I could not get a refund and that they terminate me at the end of the month for violating the User agreement. I have a $5 credit in my account, they never said anything about that, I guess their WHMCS was fucked up too at that time ;)

Well I can tell you I am FUCKING RELIEVED I canceled and am using another WHMCS host. I feel so sorry for all the people that are left at GVH, in the hands of incapable wankers.

Another twist lmao

It seems that even writing a status report about an ongoing situation is too difficult for them. Because an hour later this came in the mail.

Valued Clients,

It has come to our attention that our previous email has been vaguely formatted and was not clear enough to illustrate the situation at hand and we apologize.

Please allow to make a few clarifications to clear up any confusion that may have arisen from our previous email entitled "srv2 Inode Corruption"

All of the data from srv2 is currently being generated into a backup file in .tar format and the backup file will be restored onto a new server. After the backup is restored onto the new server, we will perform some checks to make sure that everything has been restored correctly and we will then send an email to all clients affected by this to let them know of the completion of the migration. In addition, the email will include new login information such as the new login URLs, nameservers, and nameserver IP addresses.

The estimated time of completion for this is within a few hours, however at most we expect this to be completed early tomorrow morning (Eastern Standard Time).

We will continue to monitor the status of the backup restoration and send updates on this as frequently as possible to keep everyone updated on the progress of the migration/data restoration.

If anyone has any questions regarding this, please do not hestitate to let us know by logging into your client area (which can be accessed here: https://secure.greenvaluehost.com/clientarea.php) and submitting a ticket.

Thank You all for your continued patience, cooperation, and understanding.

Best of Regards,

GreenValueHost

(English is not my native language, be kind to me.
This feels good, the frustration about this 'host' is almost over)

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited June 2013

The name in the title is wrong, it says greenvallyhost

But yeah, they are amateurs, lots of threads on WHT about them, changing terms to fit the moment and just generally showing lack of competency.

• snelwegsnelweg Member
    edited June 2013

@W1V_Lee said:
    The name in the title is wrong, it says greenvallyhost

Thanks, changed it.

• There is nothing to be laughed at. This is a business, troubles and bumps may arise at any time. You won't be happy when it comes to your turn and you find people laughing at you.

I used to be a happy client of @GreenValueHost. Jonathan was nice and helped me with things, but I had to move away since their new shared hosting server doesn't fit my needs. I am glad (that I had moved) and at the same time I feel sorry for their server failure. Best of luck to get past this issue.

• The name in the title is wrong, it says greenvallyhost

It's an appropriate title because they lease their servers from Hudson Valley Host :P

There has been an inode corruption on srv2 which means that srv2 can no longer be used. This was caused by a malfunction of SolusVM and a misunderstanding of one of our network administrators.

Their website says "Our VPS Nodes feature... more than plenty of RAID Protected Disk Space available" .

Raid 0 combined with "a clown of a helpdesk person" is a surefire recipe for disaster.

• Jono20201Jono20201 Member
    edited June 2013

The issue with logging into cPanel was likely because you had not secured your server and cPHulk had blocked logins as root. Change your SSH port if you have not already. You could have solved this yourself by logging in via SolusVM console and disabled/flushed cPHulk.

• @Jono20201 said:
    The issue with logging into cPanel was likely because you had not secured your server and cPHulk had blocked logins as root. Change your SSH port if you have not already. You could have solved this yourself by logging in via SolusVM console and disabled/flushed cPHulk.

Did you actually read it? He was locked out of whmcs and solus -.-

• @erhwegesrgsr said:

I did read it, I didn't see he was locked out of Solus however.

• I had the near same experience with GreenValueHost where a botched SSL cert caused my WHMCS to be unreachable. I just walked away when they wouldn't owe up to it being an issue on their end and it became apparent they weren't interested in fixing it.
    Their TOS is crafted to always point the finger of blame at you, even if it's them who messed up your box.

• They are still not done!

Glad I left.

Valued Clients,

This is just an update to let everyone know that the backup restoration is still going and is expected to complete within a few hours.

Another update on the status will be sent out as frequently as possible

Thank You all for your continued patience

• GreenValueHost
  • @Jono20201 said:

blabla

You do not know what you are talking about. You can start working at the GVH helpdesk straight away.

Solus is NOT involved, this is just about a simple cpanel.whm reseller account.

• @erhwegesrgsr said:

You cpanel and whm ;)

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member

Some earlier threads on this topic will reveal chargebacks, host hopping, content theft, etc.

I mean does anyone think unlimited SSLs and like below the lowest available price for WHMCS to work well?

Then again it would be unreasonable for any prospective client to have to dig for hours on the topics, and less technical prospects to know what they should and should not look for.

• @snelweg said:
    Solus is NOT involved, this is just about a simple cpanel.whm reseller account.

I assumed as your posting on a forum that is based on VPS's then I'd assume you're running on a VPS instead of a shared/reseller account. No need to be rude.

• @Jono20201 said:

Well the give away was kinda that I never mentioned Solus or that it was a VPS. Should be kind a clue.
    btw: let is not just about vps's, it's about everything lower or at $ 7.

• recieved 15 minutes ago:

Greetings Valued Clients,

We are delighted to say that the srv2 inode corruption issue has now been fixed. We resolved this issue by creating a new partition and moving all the non corrupted data into the new partition, then reconfiguring the settings to use the new partition. At first the extracted tar backup was corrupted however we were able to get this fixed the second time around.

Need I say more about incompetence?

All affected clients are eligible recieve a 25% off credit for their next month's payment (please contact us to receive the credit) unless stated otherwise. You will not need to change any settings as stated in the previous emails, everything has been done for you.

And in an earlier message they said next month free.

Thank You all for your patience and for your continued business.

Best Regards,
    GreenValueHost

:) piss off

• @snelweg I would recommend an add to the black book, it's going in mine regardless of what people think of the thread

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/10693/my-black-book-of-bad-provider-experiences-in-vps-hosting

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2013

I apologize for the troubles that you have experienced however when we attempted to work with you to correct your issues that you've experienced, you would not cooperate with us and instead decided to continuously swear at us in your ticket replies, which we do not appreciate and does not help your cases at all. The fact that you've done this is considered staff abuse and that is why we've decided that we no longer wish to serve you.

In regards to the WHMCS situation, we requested that you contact WHMCS support as they would have a much better understanding of the issue at hand (Considering that it is their software after all) however you refused our request.

One of your ticket responses suggests that WHMCS doesn't provide support to end users, however that is correct and we have already stated that in one of our responses. I would like to verify that this fact is in fact correct in public by providing a link to WHMCS' official reseller page here: http://www.whmcs.com/resellers/
    which states that WHMCS does provide support to end users. We are not WHMCS nor are we affiliated with their development, and nor were we a distributor. We are simply WHMCS resellers. As such, we have included in our Terms of Service (that you have agreed with upon signup) that we would provide our best effort support for WHMCS however in some cases we may ask that you contact their support.

Also, what you are saying about the SSL certificate issue is not true. The free SSL certificates that were offered with the plan that you've purchased is internal to the dallas network, and when you were moved to srv2, those certificates could no longer be used. We informed you of this and we also included this in our migration email (before the migration even started). Our proposed solution was for you to purchase another PositiveSSL certificate from us for $7.95, however you refused.

I would also like to say that the inode corruption issue was sent to you by mistake. It was meant to be sent to active clients who have current active clients with us. In addition, the inode corruption happened after you have been informed that you would no longer be receiving services from us so the inode corruption is irrelevant to your experiences. Nowhere in any of the previous emails did we state that we would provide a free month in compensation. You may have misread or misunderstood our emails and our English speaking. If English is not your native language and you don't understand the language well, I would recommend using a translator such as Google Translate to translate into your native language before making accusations and providing false information to the public, which qualifies as libel and slander.

Although in America we do have freedom of speech, I would watch what you say because we do have laws for defamation (also known as libel). You can read more about them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law

It's clear that when you signed up for an account with us that you haven't even taken even a fair look at our Terms of Service, otherwise you would have known that account credit is not eligible for a refund in any form and that we don't tolerate abuse to our staff in any manner (yelling, threatening, swearing, etc.) I am not aware of any of the laws in your native country (as I do not live there), however I can say for a fact that we have a law that ensures that our Terms of Service does have relevance. It is called the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act. As I feel I've already said quite enough already about this topic, I don't feel that a post explaining the law is needed in this thread however if you wish to read up, you can read more about the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act via these links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Signatures_in_Global_and_National_Commerce_Act

http://www.ftc.gov/os/2001/06/esign7.htm

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/15/chapter-96

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/Electronic-Signatures-in-Global-and-National-Commerce-Act

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-106publ229/pdf/PLAW-106publ229.pdf

It is true that over the past few weeks we've been experiencing some issues with migration issues, inode corruption, etc. however we always bounce back up and improve upon our mistakes, which I've witnessed is something uncommon in this industry.

I understand that we are all human, and that frustration is a feeling that can alter your communications with others however something to keep note of here is that it is important that when someone is trying to help you that you cooperate with them instead of refusing their requests and cursing at them. Throughout all of the communication back and forth between you and us, we have attempted to help you as best we can every time however when you refuse to work with us, that is when more issues arise.

As you are no longer one of our clients and we have a policy on protecting the privacy of our users, I can't really say much else here but I wish you the best of luck with your future host(s) and your future endeavors.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2013

@Jack said:
    The OP is a client of mine and has never swore at myself in a ticket, he is dutch so he probably isn't a native english speaker however most dutch people I have spoken too can speak better English than people in the UK.

Although I appreciate your input, whether or not he swore at you in his communications with you and your staff is irrelevant to the situation at hand here.

He abused our staff by continuously swearing at us throughout many of his ticket replies which qualifies as staff abuse and is the reason why we decided to terminate his services.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited June 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    He abused our staff by continuously swearing at us throughout many of his ticket replies which qualifies as staff abuse and is the reason why we decided to terminate his services.

And, are You willing to share some of the drama with us? Maybe print screens/text of the support tickets/service announcements/uptime stats could be somewhat of a proof.
    I'm asking for a proof so anyone reading this matter could better understand the situation. If both sides have nothing to hide then i believe transparency shall settle the deal and the possible potential dented reputation in this case.

Also @snelweg.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited June 2013

I would also like to say that the inode corruption issue was sent to you by mistake. It was meant to be sent to active clients who have current active clients with us. In addition, the inode corruption happened after you have been informed that you would no longer be receiving services from us so the inode corruption is irrelevant to your experiences.

Inode corruption due to "a misunderstanding of one of our network administrators." is relevant however to anyone who might be thinking of using your services.

You should forward that link to Taylor Swift in case she finds this essay objectionable, young man.

Mouse Mickey immediately said “OH YES!! YES!! I LOVE HORSES!! YES!!!!” and out of nowhere, Taylor Swift pushed him into the horse and he and the horse fell down.

like omg wow zow pow same whois address.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

@GreenValueHost, I don't understand what do you expect to gain with this part: "Although in America we do have freedom of speech, I would watch what you say because we do have laws for defamation (also known as libel). You can read more about them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law"

First you try to belittle him because english isn't his native language and then you threat him with some foreign laws. Very clever...

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2013

@Janevski
    The client may do that if he wishes however we will not release that information unless done so first by the client due to our company's privacy policy.

@DomainBop
    Noted, thank you. I have no problem with admitting our mistakes because unlike many others in this industry, we look back on our mistakes and improve upon them. Admitting your mistake is the first step in correcting it. We could have easily passed it off as a DDoS attack, but we didn't. Why? Because we're honest with our clients and we're a legitimate company that always strives to improve.

@Spirit
    If he is going to do business with an American company while being in a foreign country, he should expect that the company should be following their laws and would apply those laws to their Terms of Service. I did not have any intention of belittling him with my previous post, I just wanted to reference the laws that we have here in our country in which we are obligated to comply.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Janevski
    The client may do that if he wishes however we will not release that information unless done so first by the client due to our company's privacy policy.

I know that it could be released on mutual agreement basis, that's why i mentioned both You and @snelweg too in my first post.

Since it's okay with You, the drama ball is now at @snelweg.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

I would watch what you say because we do have laws for defamation (also known as libel). You can read more about them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_defamation_law"

@GreenValueHost but in this specific case United States defamation law isn't something he should be afraid of, isn't this correct? (just to clarify)

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited June 2013

@Spirit said:
    GreenValueHost but in this specific case United States defamation law isn't something he should be afraid of, isn't this correct? (just to clarify)

In this specific case I stated our laws to emphasize that we are an American company that is under obligation to comply with the laws of our country and thus we have took those laws under advisement when drafting our Terms of Service document.

@janevski
    Mentioning that essay is a low blow, don't you think? It's something I created in my spare time as a joke to show to a few friends of mine, long story but you can obviously tell that everything written in that document is made in a jokingly manner.

• @GreenValueHost said:
    Mentioning that essay is a low blow, don't you think? It's something I created in my spare time as a joke to show to a few friends of mine, long story but you can obviously tell that everything written in that document is made in a jokingly manner.

That's Your statement, this is also Your statement.

• @Janevski said:
    Also snelweg.

I have got some of the crap we exchanged.
    But I am moving on, it's clear that GVH are a bunch of wankers and I have better things to do, they should stick the time they spend here on training their support clowns.

• @Spirit said:
    GreenValueHost but in this specific case United States defamation law isn't something he should be afraid of, isn't this correct? (just to clarify)

LOL, He bends the laws the same way he bends his tos.

• @Janevski said:
    Since it's okay with You, the drama ball is now at snelweg.

Bring it on, I can compare if they screw with the text.

• @GreenValueHost said:

Wow, you are a wanker.

Show everybody here that I was 'continuously swearing at us'.

Would like to see where and how you can come up with stuff. Be creative, you make me laugh you silly little man.

But as I read somewhere you are the kind of guy who will make stuff up, so I am excited to see what you will make up this time.

Good to see that this will all be available for future reference, hopefully this will stop others from making the mistake I made when joining.
    All this time wasted on such a subject, makes you wonder .......

This discussion has been closed.