Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you deal with annoying customers? Time vampires, needy, stress puppies etc.? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you deal with annoying customers? Time vampires, needy, stress puppies etc.?

2»

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

@SplitIce said:
    We have toyed with having "Low End" (discounted) plans with a Medium priority cap, and regular plans with a High Priority cap. User feedback was not positive...

On the other side of the game, @AnthonySmith has disabled the ability for his LES creatures to create tickets, and seems that things are going much smoother now.

• jhjh Member

In my experience, of course you have to prioritise certain customers and certain types of issues sometimes but actively deprioritising certain customers only leads to animosity.

I think the key is to make it crystal clear what each service includes and doesn't include. I think that's why @AnthonySmith's approach works better.

And of course, don't offer unsustainable services that will tarnish your reputation. Work out what it'll cost to offer a service when you have to employ people etc., If that's your plan.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • FalzoFalzo Member

jarland said: If a $5/year customer is bugging you nonstop and it's not your problem, offer a refund and ask if they'll move elsewhere at their convenience.

this.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Haha, just had the idea to have a ticket form that submits to a Google search ;)

Thanked by 1jh
  • @jh said:
    In my experience, of course you have to prioritise certain customers and certain types of issues sometimes but actively deprioritising certain customers only leads to animosity.

I think the key is to make it crystal clear what each service includes and doesn't include. I think that's why @AnthonySmith's approach works better.

And of course, don't offer unsustainable services that will tarnish your reputation. Work out what it'll cost to offer a service when you have to employ people etc., If that's your plan.

What approach is that? The person you referred to did not make a post in this thread as far as I can tell.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2017

moonmartin said: What approach is that? The person you referred to did not make a post in this thread as far as I can tell.

The give everyone all the information and set very clear boundaries I have been preaching for the last 7 years here.

Which host is it you represent again? :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider