Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ineptitude and Unprofessional Behavior at VortexNode - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ineptitude and Unprofessional Behavior at VortexNode

Comments

• ashkulzashkulz Member
    edited March 2017

VortexNode has always polite support. During the Atlanta outage where RAID failed completely, they were a tad slow but understandable. Their RFO mail was very detailed and were very clear on the options for customers and provided 1 extra month.

However, they were to migrate me to a new node. Old service went down on 18th, new one didn't work for 5 days. I even pinged @VortexMagnus when finally they created it a few hours ago(yet to login). I guess they're drowning in tickets and not too used to the load.

Although the service was down quite a bit this month, when it was up it was very stable. Guess these are just teething issues :-)

• I was also on the node with the RAID failure and I thought the RFO wasn't that specific about what had happened. It said there had been multiple HDD failures, but it was an SSD server. It looks like I didn't get the extra month, though that's no big deal given how cheap the VPS is.

I just figured these are typical hurdles that a new provider has to figure out how to deal with. It's seemed to me that they're making good effort, though I haven't read the ticket chain at the top of this thread yet. I'll still keep an eye on their superdeals page.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

bsdguy said: The boss himself of the hosting group arrives, speaks in a soft voice, recognizes and confesses that his team has made errors, and promises to make it good ... and some bark and piss at the man.

deadbeef said: Guy comes in to make things right, some people have fun attacking him

Hoooo yeah, we were really BRUTAL to this guy. Man, what a bunch of bastards we are. Pretty much the worst thing since the Romans. Remember when LET used to be a nice place? Now it's nothing but a pit of vipers. Mos Eisley on steroids.

OK, we are kinda that last one, but anyway, leaving out @WSS 's usual fleshly diversions, here is how I score it, from the time Raul entered until he retreated "into obscurity":

sirius said: Thanks I'll open the ticket asap.

ehab said: can you get VortexMagnus to add super offers soon!

WSS said: You have an awesome team. I hope to give you more of my money some day!

coolraul said: You are super cool and I like you.

You. Bastards.

To me this looks like two solid compliments, one polite thank you, and +1 for Raul saying "you are super cool and I like you" which implies he liked the post he was replying to.

OK, so 4 points for LET. Now let's tally our sins:

@Riz scores -1 for rude tone and potty words. Just sickens me.

@PieNotEvenEaten for his "tooth pulling" comment...no, sorry, you don't get that one because it was in direct response to a rather blase "the team knows how to reach me" comment by @coolraul . Hardly "bark and piss".

And before you even mention @bugrakoc and the "unnamed" conversation, I want to point out that @coolraul said "I feel like I am in a time warp back to a discussion like this in 2003 or 2004 on another unamed webhosting talk board" which is...just a moment, doc says to count...which is EQUATING US TO WHT. Jesus. @coolraul should be grateful he escaped with his life.

So...some pretty nice things were said, one person was dead on but mildly rude, the OP pretty much leveled the ultimate insult at the community...and now we need a counselor to come talk to the class?

I seriously think we are going to need a Safe Space category soon @jarland.

• ashkulzashkulz Member
    edited March 2017

I'm probably remembering what was discussed in the ticket and/or chat about the outage. I recall them saying that they had disk failure followed by controller failure so a rebuild was not really possible.

I too didn't get that month and don't really care, got a Christmas special.

• RizRiz Member

@raindog308 while a bit harsh, I have my reasons for making my remarks. Perhaps I took a different tone from it, I don't know.

• advarisk said: VortexNode has always polite support.

and

willie said: It's seemed to me that they're making good effort

I agree. I have a VPS (KVM) with them in Atlanta and they've been very polite and professional in dealing with me on my issues. As I understand, multiple disks crashed so it took down the whole node and of course no backup so all dead.

I continued in Atlanta (rather than move to Toronto and get 1 month extra) and after a few days (possibly due to high ticket load), they brought up my VPS.

I did have a few differences in terms of resources allocated but once ticketed in they took care of it.

I don't have any complaints about them - generally they respond to tickets pretty quickly. I'm not a "power" user of their VPS so I don't really test the limits (in terms of network speeds etc., and with SSDs the IO is decent) and so I really have nothing negative to say.

Of course using a dedicated server is a different ball game and like the OP I would be disappointed if the server didn't live up to the specs promised.

• I have 2 VortexNode VPS and I am happy. No issues so far. I had to request for support 3 times, for changing of rDNS, and replies were quite fast. I am a happy camper. Thank you @VortexMagnus.

• bugrakocbugrakoc Member
    edited March 2017

@raindog308 thank you.

Everyone, I even apologized for my words about the misunderstanding. The ones who claim people are "barking and pissing" are seems to be the ones who are actually barking and pissing. Maybe you shouldn't take things too seriously. While it may not be perfect, I actually took the effort and learned English to this level - much better than cociu, now working on German as a third language. That's why I stated that I may have been misunderstood Raul due to a language barrier right after my unnamed comment and apologized. Now I can see that I have misunderstood because of his rather ambiguous typo, not my English skill. And yet no one pointed out that point to me.

I know you love these guys because of the $5 atoms, but if you showed me the 1/10th of sympathy you showed them, we wouldn't be at this point.

Also for those who missed the first one, I hereby apologize once more. I really enjoy my time here. I hope you can understand my POV now.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

bugrakoc said: While it may not be perfect, I actually took the effort and learned English to this level - much better than cociu

Why does you gots to shit on Cociu?

Thanked by 3deadbeef Basil netomx
  • @Nekki said:

bugrakoc said: While it may not be perfect, I actually took the effort and learned English to this level - much better than cociu

Why does you gots to shit on Cociu?

Well nothing personal, it's just that he is the one who's usually mocked because of his English.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

bugrakoc said: Well nothing personal, it's just that he is the one who's usually mocked because of his English.

>

It comes across as quite personal, there was absolutely no need to namecheck him. If you want to make a point of comparison to highlight your efforts in learning a second language (without demeaning the efforts of another individual), you could probably have just pointed that at the majority of Brits and Yanks on the forum make no attempt at all to learn anything other than English.

Thanked by 2deadbeef k0nsl
  • @Nekki said:

bugrakoc said: Well nothing personal, it's just that he is the one who's usually mocked because of his English.

>

It comes across as quite personal, there was absolutely no need to namecheck him. If you want to make a point of comparison to highlight your efforts in learning a second language (without demeaning the efforts of another individual), you could probably have just pointed that at the majority of Brits and Yanks on the forum make no attempt at all to learn anything other than English.

I agree with you, and I am truly sorry for that one. I should just take some time off, obviously I have some trouble communicating my thoughts.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

bugrakoc said: I agree with you, and I am truly sorry for that one. I should just take some time off, obviously I have some trouble communicating my thoughts.

Maybe you don't have any problems communicating, maybe you're just naturally terse/harsh? It's ok if you are, lots of people are and it doesn't stop them posting on forums. Embrace it.

Thanked by 3deadbeef netomx Waldo19
  • @Nekki said:

bugrakoc said: I agree with you, and I am truly sorry for that one. I should just take some time off, obviously I have some trouble communicating my thoughts.

Maybe you don't have any problems communicating, maybe you're just naturally terse/harsh? It's ok if you are, lots of people are and it doesn't stop them posting on forums. Embrace it.

I am usually not. The thing I meant when I mentioned him is, cociu is accepted and respected with his level of English, but everyone lost their minds when I misunderstood some ambiguous shit. Even after my apology.

I'll also tag @cociu here, I don't want to be talking after anyone's back. I actually like him. No offense meant.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

bugrakoc said: I am usually not. The thing I meant when I mentioned him is, cociu is accepted and respected with his level of English, but everyone lost their minds when I misunderstood some ambiguous shit. Even after my apology.

I'll also tag @cociu here, I don't want to be talking after anyone's back. I actually like him. No offense meant.

The only problem with @cociu is that he doesn't offer Debian 8 or CentOS 7. ;-)

@bugrakoc: It's okay. Cheers to your efforts at English. :-)

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2017

Nice outcome for the OP I would suppose, apart from this disappointment and wasted time trying to get a working service. Good work by the provider on this thread (and the ticket was civil if not satisfying the desired outcome).

Although a nice outcome, you still have to wonder why it wasn't resolved privately. Would this provider (or others) reach the same outcome if it wasn't on a public thread where there target market is? It's totally worth people commentating on honest problems they have with providers, without the 'this isn't a help desk' type responses that are sometimes on here.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@angstrom said:
    The only problem with @cociu is that he doesn't offer Debian 8 or CentOS 7. ;-)

Ha! So true.

• Hi there.

I'm really sorry for what you have been facing. The customers reviews will ofcourse help us to make changes and improvements in the company. We will work on the list of problems you have specified in the thread and ofcourse fix them ASAP.

As per our sysadmins, there was no limit placed on subnets though but we'll be looking into it more deeply so we have no problems in future.

Once again, my apologizes!

• ehabehab Member

@VortexMagnus , are you cooking new offers or what?

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@bugrakoc said:

@Nekki said:

I am usually not. The thing I meant when I mentioned him is, cociu is accepted and respected with his level of English, but everyone lost their minds when I misunderstood some ambiguous shit. Even after my apology.

People like @cociu because he's @cociu; his frequently appalling English is one of his endearing traits. People allow you get away with stuff if they like/respect you you, and it usually has little to do with the quality of their English.

You get less leeway on LET if you're not a 'face', the lowers mob are more likely to descend if they don't think other people will call them out for their behaviour.

Basically, as I've said before, we're all cunts.

Thanked by 2deadbeef netomx
  • @ehab said:
    @VortexMagnus , are you cooking new offers or what?

New offers will be coming soon!

• CoreyCorey Member

Several years back I was scammed $600 on digitalpoint by a guy with the username 'coolraul'. Hope this isn't the same guy ;)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Corey said:
    Several years back I was scammed $600 on digitalpoint by a guy with the username 'coolraul'. Hope this isn't the same guy ;)

Go and fuck him up just in case it is.

Thanked by 2deadbeef netomx
  • IThinkUFailedIThinkUFailed Member
    edited March 2017

@Corey said:

Funnily enough I believe it might be.

The company Server-Logix is also part of "Linovus Holdings Inc"... I'd be interested to hear what happened.

• This is getting interesting... grabbing the popcorn bag from microwave.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited March 2017

@Corey said:

I just looked for the messages in my inbox and I can't find them, guessing digitalpoint doesn't keep messages from that far back. Actually it might not have been him, as it says his last activity was 2009 and I registered in 2010.... i swear it was that nick though... /shrugs.

Looks like he was a mod at webhostingtalk for a while. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=68876

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited March 2017

@Nekki said:

>

Basically, as I've said before, we're all cunts.

Finally!

I was reading thus far disappointed

>

as things had started to look bleak

>

when suddenly

>

through the cloud burst in

>

full of illuminous glory;

>

the day renewed, the sky reborn

>

the trumpets sounded thin

>

the king had now been sworn in

>

-- William Blake

• WSSWSS Member

@Nekki said:

>

teri maa ki chut,madarchode!

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @WSS knows some Hindi!! Although the bad kind.

• cociucociu Member

deadbeef said: over the tickets out of curiosity. Can someone better versed in networking than me please explain how it was concluded tha

bugrakoc said: I'll also tag @cociu here

apreciated for tag , i only want to tell something : yes is difficult when you cannot write what you need to your client or explain corectly , but i think when one want to understand is understanding.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
This discussion has been closed.