Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ineptitude and Unprofessional Behavior at VortexNode - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ineptitude and Unprofessional Behavior at VortexNode

Comments

• I already answered this on PM.

Why drag it here? I am a very nice guy at heart and want to do right by all my customers.

We made a mistake. It is being remedied do you want to wait for the remedy or not?

Thanked by 2deadbeef netomx
  • @flatland_spider said:

@sirius said:
    This is my story of trying out a dedicated server offer from VortexNode (a Linovus company) which I found on LowEndBox.com back in February.

• took 3 weeks to actually provision the server
    • root password set to "chgpass123!"
    • they adjusted the billing date, but not the invoices (would have paid double)

Hey, I have one of those and several of the other!

I can confirm all of those bullet points, and I'll have to check the speed.

Good to know they're reusing root passwords, and good to know that password can never be used again.

Yep that's not good. I will have a chat with the team. Thanks. I wasn't aware that was something we did. So... you hate the server and want to get rid of it?

I feel like I am in a time warp back to a discussion like this in 2003 or 2004 on another unamed webhosting talk board.

Thanked by 1flatland_spider
  • bugrakocbugrakoc Member
    edited March 2017

coolraul said: another unamed webhosting talk board

Thank you, another unnamed hosting provider. Why are you even here if you are too important for this place?

• RizRiz Member

@coolraul said:
    I already answered this on PM.

Why drag it here? I am a very nice guy at heart and want to do right by all my customers.

We made a mistake. It is being remedied do you want to wait for the remedy or not?

A mistake? No sir, you have a LIST of mistakes. I'm glad he brought it here, especially after seeing these shitty practices. Now here's a list of things to work on, Raul.

@sirius said:
    Update: I was offered a full refund.

See below for a response from Linovus.

Here's a quick bucket list:

• emails they send have invalid DKIM (nitpick)
    • took 3 weeks to actually provision the server
    • root password set to "chgpass123!"
    • they adjusted the billing date, but not the invoices (would have paid double)
    • the provisioned server only uploads at speeds of 100-500KB/s (~30Mbps max) on a supposed 1Gbps "dedicated guaranteed" (according to their order page) port
    • looks like the test server in their offering is not even in the same datacenter as the provisioned server (based on 15ms ping)
    • after 2 weeks of prodding, speeds sometimes increased to ~300Mbps max
    • complete unwillingness to admit any fault whatsoever, nor to fix their behavior
    • probably intentional rate-limiting in violation of their service guarantees, and repeated lying about the fact

The following is a (much much) longer version of the above. I figure it makes sense to write it all up, because I'm making some serious accusations here. Unfortunately I apparently cant make such long posts here (it shows some cloudflare captcha which never loads), so I put it on pastebin:

The story: http://pastebin.com/raw/US3Jbv85

Here is the network-problem ticket, if you want to confirm what I'm saying (I've blacked out any names and IPs):

The ticket: http://imgur.com/a/8sK6R

• @bugrakoc said:

Thank you, another unnamed hosting provider. Why are you even here if you are too important for this place?

Is that seriously what you read into my statement? The one where I was saying my own team screwed up and did stuff we should have all learned not to do over 10 years ago?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I think with that I shall retreat into obscurity.

Getting too old for forum shenanigans.

If any customer wish to reach us please use the support desk. For those customers again my apologies we obviously need to fix some things.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • WSSWSS Member

@coolraul You do realize that you're just chumming the water, right?

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited March 2017

Guy comes in to make things right, some people have fun attacking him - how dare he fix things?. Makes sense...

• RizRiz Member

@coolraul said:
    I think with that I shall retreat into obscurity.

Getting too old for forum shenanigans.

If any customer wish to reach us please use the support desk. For those customers again my apologies we obviously need to fix some things.

Bye Felecia.

• WinneWinne Member

@deadbeef said:
    Guy comes in to make things right, some people have fun attacking him - how dare he fix things?. Makes sense...

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

• coolraul said: Is that seriously what you read into my statement? The one where I was saying my own team screwed up and did stuff we should have all learned not to do over 10 years ago?

How the hell would I know what you have been through? Well to be fair, English is not my mother tongue so I might have misunderstood you. If that's the case, I'm sorry for what I said. However, "another unnamed webhosting talk board" does imply that this one is also an unnamed irrelevant piece of crap. Hence, my reaction.

• WSSWSS Member

@bugrakoc said:
    How the hell would I know what you have been through? Well to be fair, English is not my mother tongue so I might have misunderstood you. If that's the case, I'm sorry for what I said. However, "another unnamed webhosting talk board" does imply that this one is also an unnamed irrelevant piece of crap. Hence, my reaction.

Pretty sure he was just making light of the fact that many of us consider WHT forums to be a pile of shit.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • WSS said: Pretty sure he was just making light of the fact that many of us consider WHT forums to be a pile of shit.

Maybe I should get a hobby better than reading a pile of shit daily then.

• WSSWSS Member

@bugrakoc said:

WSS said: Pretty sure he was just making light of the fact that many of us consider WHT forums to be a pile of shit.

Well, you're jerking off here as well- might as well open up xhamster while you're at it.

Thanked by 3deadbeef quick Waldo19
  • @WSS said:

@bugrakoc said:

WSS said: Pretty sure he was just making light of the fact that many of us consider WHT forums to be a pile of shit.

Well, you're jerking off here as well- might as well open up xhamster while you're at it.

I prefer Linux ISOs.

• WSSWSS Member

@bugrakoc said:

@WSS said:

@bugrakoc said:

I prefer Linux ISOs.

Whatever gets you off.

Thanked by 1Waldo19
  • Congratulations!

The boss himself of the hosting group arrives, speaks in a soft voice, recognizes and confesses that his team has made errors, and promises to make it good ... and some bark and piss at the man.

Bravo!

In case you wanted to teach providers to never ever confess an error but to rather play it ignorant and tough, you have achieved a great success.

• @coolraul said:
    So... you hate the server and want to get rid of it?

Nope. Just adding more datapoints. I'd just cancel and change providers if I wasn't satisfied. I have my limits they just haven't been hit yet.

I understand the holdup on servers being out of stock, and the VN team responded in a timely manner with a direct answer when I opened a ticket asking for clarification on its status.

Reusing passwords on the dedi complicates things, and I'll probably work on figuring out how to reinstall the OS in the near future. It's probably okay, but I can't be sure.

• WSSWSS Member

@flatland_spider said:
    Reusing passwords on the dedi complicates things, and I'll probably work on figuring out how to reinstall the OS in the near future. It's probably okay, but I can't be sure.

This prompted me to check, and I no longer have supervisor IPMI on a host I once had there- so you've got that going for you.

Installing an OS is simple. Get IPMI, and do an ISO mount, or redirect it to use Netboot, which will be much faster than loading an ISO over the interwebs.

• @Coolraul, thanks for coming here and I'm sorry for the bad reactions you got from some of us. I personally hope you'll stay around at least to some extent, and I'm sure lots of users here share that view.

• @WSS said:
    This prompted me to check, and I no longer have supervisor IPMI on a host I once had there- so you've got that going for you.

Excellent!

Installing an OS is simple. Get IPMI, and do an ISO mount, or redirect it to use Netboot, which will be much faster than loading an ISO over the interwebs.

>

Netboot looks fun, and this seems like the perfect time to play with it. :)

I kind of figured getting IPMI would be the hardest part.

• WSSWSS Member

@flatland_spider said:
    Netboot looks fun, and this seems like the perfect time to play with it. :)

You're still going to need IPMI, but then you won't need to load an ISO over the browser (SuperMicro IPMI is awful, broken, and awfully-broken). Don't forget to take down your network settings first!

• @bsdguy said:
    Congratulations!

The boss himself of the hosting group arrives, speaks in a soft voice, recognizes and confesses that his team has made errors, and promises to make it good ... and some bark and piss at the man.

Bravo!

In case you wanted to teach providers to never ever confess an error but to rather play it ignorant and tough, you have achieved a great success.

As far as the info provided goes, he seems to just have offered a refund for this one case. Multiple people reporting the same issues in this thread, which are not being addressed.

• saf31saf31 Member

LET success rate of getting refund is almost 100% ! Whatever happened it is nice to see vortexnode offering full refund. It would have been nicer if it was done before this forum post.

• @saf31 said:
    LET success rate of getting refund is almost 100% ! Whatever happened it is nice to see vortexnode offering full refund. It would have been nicer if it was done before this forum post.

ha, i dont knwo aboutvortex node, but here at mzungu , if we gave everyone that asked for a refund theyr money back , we wouldnt be in business !

Thanked by 4JahAGR lazyt JackH imok
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@bugrakoc said:

You're so stupid if you get that from the message

• WSSWSS Member

@netomx said:

@bugrakoc said:

You're so stupid if you get that from the message

So many unnecessarily used words..

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Legitimate complaints and respectfully resolved issue? WTF is this?

• @Jarland Why not change the topic for something more positive?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@FredQc said:
    @Jarland Why not change the topic for something more positive?

When a user has legitimate complaints and brings the evidence I don't intervene. I feel it's kind of wrong to shield people from finding legitimate experiences of hosts.

This discussion has been closed.