Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Microsoft Windows Templates (DigitalOcean, Kimsufi, OVH, Online.net, etc.) - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Microsoft Windows Templates (DigitalOcean, Kimsufi, OVH, Online.net, etc.)

12346»

Comments

• @saibal said:

VPN said: can be reset with the command slmgr /rearm

There is a limit to the number of times (two) you can run that command.

That shouldn’t be an issue for yourself if you have valid keys however if you really want it all for free then the rearm limit (five in Windows Server 2016) can be reset anyway.

• VPN said: the rearm limit (five in Windows Server 2016) can be reset anyway.

Yes, but that would be in violation of MS license terms.

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited February 2018

@rudolphd said:

Some time ago I paid to get access to those, and I figured out then there are only evaluation versions... So they are worthless, because they can't be activated, even though I have legal keys for all server versions...

If you have a problem getting your valid standard key to activate an evaluation version

On an elevated or Admin command prompt type below adding your key at XXXXX-XXX

DISM /online /Set-Edition:ServerStandard /ProductKey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX /AcceptEula

• @saibal said:

VPN said: the rearm limit (five in Windows Server 2016) can be reset anyway.

Yes, but that would be in violation of MS license terms.

Obviously, I’m just giving you options if you don’t want to pay. But all of this is irrelevant because you have valid keys anyway.

• rudolphdrudolphd Member
    edited February 2018

@VPN said:

@rudolphd said:
    Some time ago I paid to get access to those, and I figured out then there are only evaluation versions... So they are worthless, because they can't be activated, even though I have legal keys for all server versions...

The evaluations are good for 180 days and can be reset with the command slmgr /rearm.

Failing that you can always convert evaluation versions to their respective full version if you have a valid key...

Weird. I guess I messed something up, because I couldn't do slmgr/rearm after 150 days anymore. I could do 999 (or 9999) the first 100 days - i checked the count, but then later it was impossible to rearm (it showed that all rearms already used), so now I'm looking for non-evaluation version...

• I want to vouch for his site whatuptime.com, everything worked as advertised and I got windows working thanks!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Bloody PAYWALL.

Thanked by 2simonindia Eased
  • AntKalaAntKala Member

@Neoon said:
    Bloody PAYWALL.

Trust me it's worth it, it's only $5 and it literally makes your life so much easier. I literally tried going the ISO way with hetzner via KVM and it was a pain in the but. I'm really happy I paid the $5 and I'd pay it again.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@AntKala said:

@Neoon said:
    Bloody PAYWALL.

Trust me it's worth it, it's only $5 and it literally makes your life so much easier. I literally tried going the ISO way with hetzner via KVM and it was a pain in the but. I'm really happy I paid the $5 and I'd pay it again.

Hetzner has Windows iso as part of their OS templates.

Pretty straight forward steps, directly from Hetzner

https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/Windows_on_Cloud/en

Thanked by 2Aidan Hetzner_OL
  • AntKalaAntKala Member

@dev_vps said:

@AntKala said:

@Neoon said:
    Bloody PAYWALL.

Hetzner has Windows iso as part of their OS templates.

Pretty straight forward steps, directly from Hetzner

Yea I literally went over every single step, even had a support guy from them help me out and we could not get windows 2016 installed via kvm plus of course it's way more work instead of only having to send in a command and you are done.

Thanked by 1bernardfruler
  • dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@AntKala said:

@dev_vps said:

Hetzner has Windows iso as part of their OS templates. Pretty straight forward steps, directly from Hetzner

Yea I literally went over every single step, even had a support guy from them help me out and we could not get windows 2016 installed via kvm plus of course it's way more work instead of only having to send in a command and you are done.

Really?

The steps are self explanatory. It took me 10 minutes to setup Windows Server 2016.

Probably, the key step is to load the virtio driver cd while selecting a drive to install Windows on and after loading all virtio drivers, reload the Windows iso again to continue with Window setup.

• Will these templates work on UltraVPS.eu?

• To anyone out there, I am ready to pay a small fee for someone who creates one Windows 10 Pro template for Contabo SSD VPS.
    PM me... cheers !

• fLoofLoo Member
    edited January 2019

@bernardfruler said:
    To anyone out there, I am ready to pay a small fee for someone who creates one Windows 10 Pro template for Contabo SSD VPS.
    PM me... cheers !

This takes atleast 2-3 hours to build the template, export it, upload it, configure it. If i'd have todo this as freelancer i'd take atleast 380 € for it, otherwise i'd do it the FOSS-way.

• jazz1611jazz1611 Member
    edited January 2019

@bernardfruler said:
    To anyone out there, I am ready to pay a small fee for someone who creates one Windows 10 Pro template for Contabo SSD VPS.
    PM me... cheers !

hello, Contabo SSD VPS have enable Virtio or not? I can make template for you.
    everyone can test it for me? http://files.profvps.com/windows-10-pro-virtio.img.gz , wget and gunzip it for replace /dev/vda

• @jazz1611 was able to offer help for free and resolved all issues quickly in a very professional manner to make the Contabo Win10 template work... Thanks a lot !

Thanked by 1rhyker2u
  • Hi, I have contabo SSD VPS account, I can't find the folder( /dev/vda) from my vps

• @ihadp said:

As many of you are aware, I have been building templates allowing
    Microsoft Windows to be easily installed onto servers

Hi! Have you thought about creating a VPS Template using ReactOS?

Sample:
    My experiences using ReactOS as a server OS

• rhyker2urhyker2u Member
    edited February 2019

@jazz1611 said:
    hello, Contabo SSD VPS have enable Virtio or not? I can make template for you.
    everyone can test it for me? http://files.profvps.com/windows-10-pro-virtio.img.gz , wget and gunzip it for replace /dev/vda

Confirmed to work with Vultr too (through custom ISO 'systemrescuecd' boot, to be able to overwrite /dev/vda).

• DXDDXD Member

Sorry to bring this thread back to life but does anyone have tried with the new NVMe VPS of OVH ? can anyone show a guide :smile:

• @DXD said:
    Sorry to bring this thread back to life but does anyone have tried with the new NVMe VPS of OVH ? can anyone show a guide :smile:

You can use the same templates. Remember to check first if it is a SDA or VDA disk.