Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More drama ! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

More drama !

124»

Comments

• @Amitz said:
    It's not your english. It's your obvious brain damage.

Isn't being polite and deescalating rather than heating up and even insulting users one of the requirements for mods here? (-> @jarland, @Ishaq, kindly have a look at this and a word with Amitz)

@cociu has built from scratch a company with (meanwhile) multiple data centers and plenty servers. So the brain damage seems not to be on his side.

So much for his achievement. What's yours, other than being a "mod" who insults users?

Thanked by 1JahAGR
  • @switsys said:

@cociu said:
    i sell hosting not may words.

You should go back to selling perfume instead.

Oh my god, he was (and still is) selling perfumes?!!

I don't know about your world but in my world it is considered quite smart to use the profits of one (somewhat old-style) company and to invest them in a modern technology company.

Moreover, in my world it's a symbol of intellectual versatility and of business smarts to not throw away an old company but to run both of them successfully.

Thanked by 2lion lazyt
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

PirateHitman said: Should we lock this off now, seems like it's going towards the toxic side on the tail end....

Yeah, bantz have become rantz. Someone give @Amitz a bong hit and @cociu can cover the smell with his perfume empire.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2017

bsdguy said: Isn't being polite and deescalating rather than heating up and even insulting users one of the requirements for mods here? (-> @jarland, @Ishaq, kindly have a look at this and a word with Amitz)

I think you misunderstand @Amitz. You will get to know him a bit more. Very rarely will his posts be serious. His humor may not translate everywhere. It is humor, nonetheless. He is actually a very kind person, but he won't let you know ;)

Thanked by 2inthecloudblog Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2017

I just woke up to find this thread closed and read @bsdguy's posting. Just as a short addition to what @jarland kindly said:

You, @bsdguy, are right: I went over the top with what I wrote and I apologize to @cociu.

Just as a short explanation for you to understand me and my (sometimes) sudden aggressions better: I am a man in the 40ies and suffer from several chronic pain symptoms. 30% of my spinal column consists of metal and my intestines try to kill me each and every day. I am on heavy pain killers since the last 20 years+.

My professional life is based on me being friendly, humorous, polite, reliable and highly professional. I am the owner of three companies, while one is existing for more than 200 years and is a market leader in its field from day one. I work up to 14 hours a day and am responsible for many other people and their jobs. It's up to me and my performance whether we all here are able to pay our bills even in the next months and years to come. I am a hard worker and take my responsibilities serious.

I am not saying that you should pity me for my pain. I am not saying that my business is better, greater or more serious than any other's business out there. It also does not excuse me for being rude from time to time.

But, you know - There are those days. Days that have been filled with pain and work. Hours and hours of being highly professional. And then I see people here acting like complete weirdos while running their businesses. I cannot tell you why exactly and it probably should not be like that - but I get angry then. I refrain from letting that anger out most of the time, but I sometimes cannot resist. I know that this is wrong and promise to work on that.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited March 2017

@bsdguy asked me via PN to append his answer to my post above because he is no longer able to post in this thread due to its closure. I would like to thank him for his understanding and will - as said - work on myself when it comes to being more forgiving to others.

@bsdguy wrote:

I'm no saint myself, certainly not. So, being a sinner myself (and more often that I'd like), I do, of course. accept your explanation. Even more, I value it and I see it as evidence for jarland being right in painting you as a generally fine person.

At the same time I'd like to invite you to achieve a similar understanding for @cociu. Sure, he is (afaik) not in any way plagues by major illness; but it seems you have quite something in common. He is working like an animal and so are you. He seems to be a strange guy and so are you (at times). He is worried, responsible, and caring about the well being of his employees and so are you. You are doing what most would consider insane by working 14 hrs a day instead of quietly sitting in wheelchair and so is he by having created hostingsolutions after a perfume shop and by going international with a level of english that might be compared to the metal in your spine; you are both not exactly working in a comfortable situation.

Thank you for not abusing your mod Powers, for not even trying to hush up or to lie but to instead clearly and frankly addressing the issue. That's rare and not found in small men.

The mother of my children got MS when our twins were about 2 years old. I experienced how within a few months a young and beautiful woman turned into a desperate one sitting in a wheelchair. So you can certainly count on my understanding and friendly patience should your pain bite you again from time to time.

Thanked by 2Clouvider bugrakoc
This discussion has been closed.