Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have issue hdd with hetzner hosting. please help - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I have issue hdd with hetzner hosting. please help

2»

Comments

• There's a limit of 2TB with some partitioning tools, I think. Hetzner should add more documentation languages. I think they have DE, EN, FR, RU but they get customers from many other countries too.

• @Noobskid had you take a look on that linked I just gave you, you can see that Hetzner says that CentOS 6.x do not support GPT, and you can not use all your disk space on 3TB disks and larger.

At present all standard images except CentOS 6.x support booting from a hard disk using a GUID partition table (GPT). This GPT is automatically created by the installimage script and is needed in order to bypass the 2 Terabyte partition size limit of the older MS-DOS partition table. Information about the MS-DOS partition table may be found in Wikipedia. . CentOS 6 and all older images still use the MS-DOS partition table. To allow the usage of the entire 3 Terabytes of the new EX model drives the standard partitioning scheme of drives larger than 2 Terabytes is as follows:

• please cancel your server ... just another zombie server ... thats a typical machine we are getting ddos from ... :/

Thanked by 2willie Maounique
  • what you maen zombie server sir ?

@Marcel40625 said:
    please cancel your server ... just another zombie server ... thats a typical machine we are getting ddos from ... :/

• Noobskid said: what you maen zombie server sir ?

He is talking about a server that a person that have no clue of how he can manage it, will get attacked, most likely hacked and used for bot nets etc.
    This is LET so people will say what they mean.

• i try to set up for learning education purpose only sir, not for public or business hehehe

@myhken said:

Noobskid said: what you maen zombie server sir ?

He is talking about a server that a person that have no clue of how he can manage it, will get attacked, most likely hacked and used for bot nets etc.

• rivermiguerivermigue Member
    edited March 2017

Noobskid said: i try to set up for learning education purpose only sir, not for public or business hehehe

You should have gotten a VPS instead of a Dedicated machine, its easier to deal with for learning purposes.

Edit: Also, its a cheaper solution.

• i'm try to education purpose for sysadmin sir, if vps no full duplex to sysadmin.

@rivermigue said:

Noobskid said: i try to set up for learning education purpose only sir, not for public or business hehehe

You should have gotten a VPS instead of a Dedicated machine, its easier to deal with for learning purposes.

• Than buy a little machine for use @ home and try there ... Not with an Gbit connection ... you shouldnt start with an dedicated root ... or try kimsufi.com ... also dedicated and max. 100 mbit ... 2 little hints ... change ssh port and dont allow root to login!

• FalzoFalzo Member

Marcel40625 said: change ssh port and dont allow root to login!

inb4: forbad root login, now unable to connect?

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • r0xzr0xz Member

What do you mean by "full duplex"?
    Why is that important as a sysadmin?

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@Noobskid said:

@coolnow said:
    If you want 2x3TB disks you'll have to reinstall and change "SWRAID 1" to "SWRAID 0" in the installation config. After the system is set up, you'll then have to search how to partition a drive and mount it (it's not hard). Or alternatively, if you want 1x6TB disk, you can keep "SWRAID 1" as normal and change SWRAIDLEVEL to 0. Do some research on RAID 0 and RAID 1 for help on deciding.

when me try to change SWRAIDLEVEL 0, Disk available 4TB, cos centos only support. 2tb maximum, not full 6tb for that sir ? so how to me some large this disk.

You probably don't want to do that, particularly at hetzner. When one of the drives dies you'll lose all your data and the installation.

• @Noobskid said:
    i try to set up for learning education purpose only sir, not for public or business hehehe

@myhken said:

Noobskid said: what you maen zombie server sir ?

Doesn't matter. I have two personal servers as well but they get spammed with attacks as well. As long as you have a server, "they" will find you and attack you. Then, they will take over your server and use it to attack other servers.

A huge server like yours that has a Gigabit line and unlimited bandwidth is one hell of a boss zombie!

• edited March 2017

Use GPT partition. Add 'FORCE_GPT 2' in installimage.

• mustafaramadhan said: Use GPT partition. Add 'FORCE_GPT 2' in installimage.

But CentOS 6.x can not use GPT, so how to solve it then?

• FalzoFalzo Member

myhken said: But CentOS 6.x can not use GPT, so how to solve it then?

debian. thx.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • CdoeCdoe Member

@Marcel40625 said:
    Than buy a little machine for use @ home and try there ... Not with an Gbit connection ... you shouldnt start with an dedicated root ... or try kimsufi.com ... also dedicated and max. 100 mbit ... 2 little hints ... change ssh port and dont allow root to login!

Let him start wherever he wants, smartass.

• @Cdoe said:

@Marcel40625 said:
    Than buy a little machine for use @ home and try there ... Not with an Gbit connection ... you shouldnt start with an dedicated root ... or try kimsufi.com ... also dedicated and max. 100 mbit ... 2 little hints ... change ssh port and dont allow root to login!

Let him start wherever he wants, smartass.

We are trying to tell him that using a 16GB RAM, i7 machine with an unmetered gigabit line is a little overkill for learning Linux. We are here to save people money.

• nulldev said: We are trying to tell him that using a 16GB RAM, i7 machine with an unmetered gigabit line is a little overkill for learning Linux. We are here to save people money.

But none are helping him out with his real issue, how to get usage of both disks on a Hetzner server with 2 x 3TB and him using CentOS 6.x as a OS.
    That's the real question.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @myhken said:

mustafaramadhan said: Use GPT partition. Add 'FORCE_GPT 2' in installimage.

But CentOS 6.x can not use GPT, so how to solve it then?

You wrong. Use installimage from rescue mode and add 'FORCE_GPT 2' when edit installimage config.

Thanked by 1raynor
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Centos 6 is kinda outdated, if he wants to learn, better get something more AD than that.
    Debian would be a good choice, but in an "enterprise" domain, centos-like distros are still more prevalent.