Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which VPS Provider is best & Cheap for production server - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which VPS Provider is best & Cheap for production server

2»

Comments

• marcmmarcm Member

@dominicl

So you don't know how my services are, however if I could have subsidized your business right around Christmas last year, it would have been nice I suppose. I mean how could you have possibly known that my nodes were any good, right?. Let me show you an excerpt from your conversation with me last year, around December:

Posted on Saturday 8th December 2012 at 14:31

Hello,

Thanks for your response. I'm going to be starting up as a VPS hosting provider after Christmas and I am looking at choosing you for my VPS nodes.

I was wondering if we could work out some kind of deal, as obviously I'm not going to be getting much in at first. For the first node, I would pay $50 per month until I'm breaking even on the node price, then I would pay full price.

Could we work something out?

Thanks,

Dominic

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

@marcm - That was in December 2012, it's now May 2013 and things have gone a long way since then, I promise you.

I've a stable client base and have orders coming in frequently. I've never said anything bad about you and don't plan to, however I would advise you not to post tickets from (potential) customers on a public forum - I'd never do that to anybody, so I don't see why you should have to.

I'm sure your nodes are good, but I've never used your services so I can't speak for your service. However, we use RamNode for our SolusVM master and HudsonValleyHost for our website/billing and a monitoring server.

I'm not in the mood for an argument today..

• marcmmarcm Member

@dominicl - I would never post any kind of private information, however yo were not a customer or potential customer. You contacted me looking for a way to convince me to support your hobby. I had to explain to you at least 3 times that I won't do it before you've finally quit asking. What I am getting at is that every now and then you should display some common courtesy towards your fellow providers because if someone would have asked me about you, I would have said something along the lines of: "sure, give him a chance, he is an ambitious hard worker". I hope that you've learned something from this.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@marcm - Yes, I understand. I was merely stating that the reason I recommended RamNode and HudsonValleyHost as providers is because I have active services with them and they've been nothing but great.

I'm sure that if I ever purchased a VPS from you, it would also be great.